Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Outdoors > MotherLode Gardens 2017

Thread Title Search
Click to Visit Dark Heart Nursery
MotherLode Gardens 2017 Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-24-2017, 11:44 PM #581
HHILL

HHILL will become famous soon enough
Those in the native soil look awesome Shcrews! Curious, since you're foliar feed those plants, giving them the fertilizer via the leaves, will that mean the roots are not spreading out as much, seeking water and fresh nutrients? Maybe you can spread out some composted manure of some sort before the living mulch goes in, then just 1-10-0 seabird top dress for flowering.

You have a growth location for sure!
HHILL is offline Quote

Old 06-25-2017, 12:17 AM #582
nameless
bowlbreath

nameless has a reputation beyond reputenameless has a reputation beyond reputenameless has a reputation beyond reputenameless has a reputation beyond reputenameless has a reputation beyond reputenameless has a reputation beyond reputenameless has a reputation beyond reputenameless has a reputation beyond reputenameless has a reputation beyond reputenameless has a reputation beyond reputenameless has a reputation beyond repute
here you are, i somehow stumbled across your insta on my non weed graff account, it is all up and down my feed. subbed up
nameless is offline Quote

Old 06-25-2017, 12:40 AM #583
nameless
bowlbreath

nameless has a reputation beyond reputenameless has a reputation beyond reputenameless has a reputation beyond reputenameless has a reputation beyond reputenameless has a reputation beyond reputenameless has a reputation beyond reputenameless has a reputation beyond reputenameless has a reputation beyond reputenameless has a reputation beyond reputenameless has a reputation beyond reputenameless has a reputation beyond repute
i see there is no cute girl by the plants in here, unsubbed!

lol jk plants are bangin
nameless is offline Quote

Old 06-26-2017, 03:53 AM #584
Stank J.P.

Stank J.P. will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shcrews View Post
it was hot today! 105+ and supposed to stay hot all week. Its hard to work on this steep hill in heat like that so i woke up early, put in a few hours and went back to sleep for the hottest part of the day.
Then got up again a few hours before dark to do more work. Fortunately with the solstice upon us the days stretch long, and 16+ hours of usable daylight allows me to be flexible with our daily work schedule.

The plants are loving the heat wave. lots of growth daily, although they are still only getting water twice a week at this point. We are installing the irrigation lines this week, one of our final tasks for spring prep. After that everything will be on cruise control ... garden work for the next few months will consist of trellising and pruning, along with weekly foliar and root drench and 3x daily plant inspections.

We have many reasons to be pleased with progress so far. All plots appear in peak health, growth is steady and relatively even throughout the garden considering how many different strains are being grown. Not to mention, my seeds are performing on par with all the other elite genetics. All the Ancient OG f2's and crosses are quite vibrant and some are outpacing everything else in both mine and others gardens
Hi, great garden. You said you water twice a week in 105 degree weather. How many gallons approximately would you say a watering consists of for plants the size they are right now? Thanks and keep doin what you're doin.
Stank J.P. is offline Quote

Old 06-26-2017, 09:05 AM #585
redlaser

redlaser has much to be proud ofredlaser has much to be proud ofredlaser has much to be proud ofredlaser has much to be proud ofredlaser has much to be proud ofredlaser has much to be proud ofredlaser has much to be proud ofredlaser has much to be proud ofredlaser has much to be proud ofredlaser has much to be proud ofredlaser has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shcrews View Post
great , thanks for the info. After sitting on the fence for a few weeks i decided that we will skip the ground cover this year and just plant a living mulch again, making sure to keep it cut short so it doesnt draw too much water/nutrients from the soil.

I am wondering what is a good ground cover for preventing weeds in-between the mounds? a layer of woodchips all over the hill would be nice i suppose, although idk how practical. i dont know much about landscaping, any ideas? the foxtails and bermuda grass are a real pain.
Woodchips would work, at least a couple inches, 3-4 would be better.
Before doing that I would use a weed whip with angled string or a set of metal blades and chop everything down to soil level.

You could do just the weedwhip work once every few weeks, and that would be the cheapest and once done initially would be easier to take care of

Solarization might get rid of the Bermuda grass if it isn't too deeply rooted. It's most effective in the top few inches of soil but the heat can reach 90 at nine inches deep.
After severely weed whipping rake the area smooth as possible because you want the plastic to make the best contact possible with the dirt.
Get 2 mil. clear plastic, Uv treated would be ideal but it only needs to last 42 days from June-August in California for the sunny areas. June to
August is the best time to do this.
Before putting plastic down water well for the top twelve inches of soil, and you can anchor the plastic edges by digging a six inch deep trench at the edge of plastic and burying it.
Plants get a lot of benefits from solarized soil, gets rid of pathogens and weeds
redlaser is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-27-2017, 08:20 PM #586
ManyManySpliffs

ManyManySpliffs is just really niceManyManySpliffs is just really niceManyManySpliffs is just really niceManyManySpliffs is just really niceManyManySpliffs is just really niceManyManySpliffs is just really niceManyManySpliffs is just really niceManyManySpliffs is just really nice
Shcrews Shcrews he's our man, if he can't do it no one can... Goooooo Shcrewssss! Cheerleading you on buddy. lol

Overgrow da world!

36 Bagseed Outdoor Guerilla style, '17
32 Bagseed Outdoor Organic, '14
ManyManySpliff's & Friend Bagseed Grow, '12
13 Bagseed Ladies Harvested, '06
The Purps of '06

Proud member of the
D.S.C.C. - Dirty South Cannabis Cultivators
ManyManySpliffs is offline Quote

Old 06-28-2017, 12:01 PM #587
plantingplants

plantingplants is just really niceplantingplants is just really niceplantingplants is just really niceplantingplants is just really niceplantingplants is just really niceplantingplants is just really niceplantingplants is just really niceplantingplants is just really niceplantingplants is just really niceplantingplants is just really niceplantingplants is just really nice
Damn those natives will be a nice bonus if youre thinkin of them as just extras that may or may not make it. I always underpromise myself on yield so I consistently surprise myself .. Brain hack

Old 07-01-2017, 05:28 AM #588
pipeline
Cannabotanist

pipeline is a name known to allpipeline is a name known to allpipeline is a name known to allpipeline is a name known to allpipeline is a name known to allpipeline is a name known to allpipeline is a name known to allpipeline is a name known to allpipeline is a name known to allpipeline is a name known to allpipeline is a name known to all
Native soil plot, that's cool! No amendments wow! Looking good with just foliar feeding! Its too bad the government makes it hard on the herb growers by limiting plants. As if its not hard enough to be a farmer, the government limits your plant population. Whats the deal with that? Quality medicine would be easier to produce without these limits I'm sure. Its easier to work on and inspect small plants. You guys have an impossible job, what a challenge. Looking forward to watching the progress!

Heat messing with the plants at all?

Zoysiagrass is slow growing and chokes out weeds. You will have to hack it back from the mounds though. I would do wood chips or bark mulch about 3 inches thick.

Thanks for sharing, Shrews!
pipeline is offline Quote

Old 07-01-2017, 08:04 PM #589
ManyManySpliffs

ManyManySpliffs is just really niceManyManySpliffs is just really niceManyManySpliffs is just really niceManyManySpliffs is just really niceManyManySpliffs is just really niceManyManySpliffs is just really niceManyManySpliffs is just really niceManyManySpliffs is just really nice
Just breezing by, don't mind me.. lol

Overgrow da world!

36 Bagseed Outdoor Guerilla style, '17
32 Bagseed Outdoor Organic, '14
ManyManySpliff's & Friend Bagseed Grow, '12
13 Bagseed Ladies Harvested, '06
The Purps of '06

Proud member of the
D.S.C.C. - Dirty South Cannabis Cultivators
ManyManySpliffs is offline Quote

Old 07-02-2017, 09:49 PM #590
LivinLegally

LivinLegally will become famous soon enough
Wow u doing good shit in the local area brother. Great to see people from here who have a true passion for cannabis and not just exploiting the plants. And u know it's cheap to make some baskets for those girls in the native dirt. But I didn't say it would be quick not easy for awhole hillside. Keep it growing on
LivinLegally is offline Quote