You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Medicinal Cannabis Forum > Crohn's and IBD

Thread Title Search
Click to Visit Dark Heart Nursery
Crohn's and IBD Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-20-2017, 12:51 AM #11
Gry

Gry is a splendid one to beholdGry is a splendid one to beholdGry is a splendid one to beholdGry is a splendid one to beholdGry is a splendid one to beholdGry is a splendid one to beholdGry is a splendid one to beholdGry is a splendid one to beholdGry is a splendid one to beholdGry is a splendid one to beholdGry is a splendid one to behold
I generally go with sublingual as I am looking for a more rapid effect.
Are using lecithin ?
I would suggest you give it a try, it can make the difference.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-20-2017, 01:47 AM #12
OG_NoMan

OG_NoMan has a spectacular aura aboutOG_NoMan has a spectacular aura aboutOG_NoMan has a spectacular aura aboutOG_NoMan has a spectacular aura aboutOG_NoMan has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gry View Post
I generally go with sublingual as I am looking for a more rapid effect.
Are using lecithin ?
I would suggest you give it a try, it can make the difference.
Do you take the lecithin by itself? Is it a supplement or are you using it as a form of delivering thc? I have never heard of this. Again thanks for the dialogue it has been very informative.
OG_NoMan is offline Quote

Old 06-20-2017, 05:22 AM #13
indica369

indica369 is on a distinguished road
its amazing the properties of the cannabis
indica369 is offline Quote

Old 06-20-2017, 05:39 AM #14
Gry

Gry is a splendid one to beholdGry is a splendid one to beholdGry is a splendid one to beholdGry is a splendid one to beholdGry is a splendid one to beholdGry is a splendid one to beholdGry is a splendid one to beholdGry is a splendid one to beholdGry is a splendid one to beholdGry is a splendid one to beholdGry is a splendid one to behold
No, it is added to the decarbed extract as an emulsifier.
The addition of it allows the body to process it much more effectively, allowing one to get the most out of their meds .

I do a frozen quick wash.
Then I use a citric acid extraction which user Bad kitty smiles kindly shared with us :
https://cannapedia.me/Citric+Acid+Extraction
She does not get specific about lecithin in that particular tutorial - I use 1- 2% of the weight of my extract .
It can be mixed with anything -I love to put it in my tea with a whisk.
If one is hurting a great deal, a small amount sublingualed works very quickly.
It is strong enough I was able to forego the morphine pump when I was last in ICU.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-25-2017, 04:14 AM #15
THCengineer

THCengineer has a spectacular aura aboutTHCengineer has a spectacular aura aboutTHCengineer has a spectacular aura aboutTHCengineer has a spectacular aura about

https://accmag.com/business-health-l...w-study-shows/
Smoking Marijuana Causes ‘Complete Remission’ of Crohn’s Disease, No Side Effects, New Study Shows - By acc Posted on June 16, 2017

Marijuana – scientific name “cannabis” – performed like a champ in the first-ever placebo-controlled trial of the drug to treat Crohn’s Disease, also known as inflammatory bowel disease.
The disease of the digestive tract afflicts 400,000 – 600,000 people in North America alone causing abdominal pain, diarrhea (which can be bloody), severe vomiting, weight loss, as well as secondary skin rashes, arthritis, inflammation of the eye, tiredness, and lack of concentration.

Smoking pot caused a “complete remission” of Crohn’s disease compared to placebo in half the patients who lit up for eight weeks, according to clinical trial data to be published the journal Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology.

Researchers at Israel’s Meir Medical Center took 21 people with intractable, severe Crohn’s disease and gave 11 of them two joints a day for eight weeks. “The standardized cannabis cigarettes” contained 23 percent THC and 0.5 percent CBD (cannabidiol). (Such marijuana is available on dispensary shelves in San Francisco, Oakland, and other cities that have regulated access to the drug.) The other ten subjects smoked placebo cigarettes containing no active cannabinoids.

Investigators reported that smoking weed caused a “complete remission” of Crohn’s Disease in five of the 11 subjects. Another five of the eleven test subjects saw their Crohn’s Disease symptoms cut in half. Furthermore, “subjects receiving cannabis reported improved appetite and sleep, with no significant side effects.”

The study is the first placebo-controlled clinical trial to assess the consumption of cannabis for the treatment of Crohn’s, notes NORML. All of the patients had intractable forms of the disease and did not respond to conventional treatments. Still, the United States government claims that marijuana is as dangerous as heroin and has no medical use. U.S. Attorney Melinda Haag is waging a war on safe access to medical cannabis in the Bay Area.
THCengineer is offline Quote

Old 06-26-2017, 07:08 PM #16
OG_NoMan

OG_NoMan has a spectacular aura aboutOG_NoMan has a spectacular aura aboutOG_NoMan has a spectacular aura aboutOG_NoMan has a spectacular aura aboutOG_NoMan has a spectacular aura about
This study kind of confirms what I was telling my doctors even though these didn't really believe me. So I had a surgery a long 10+ years ago that is related to crohns but I showed no other symptoms so doctors didn't make the diagnosis or even bring up the relationship. Fast forward to last year. I had my first resection of my small intestines where they removed @3-4 feet of it. My new GI doctor told me I have had crohns a long time and kept asking me about symptoms I may have had. Strange thing was I had no symptoms till the time I needed surgery and ever since surgery have been dealing with the symptoms described in my opening post. Now I have always been a heavy user of cannabis as I have had multiple shoulder surgeries and dealt with pain associated with it this way. So I came to the conclusion that the cannabis was keeping all the bad effects from the crohns to a bare minimum so I never noticed it until I had a blockage and the resulting surgery. I also get great relief from the cramping almost immediately after vaping. I am just glad that science is finally starting to really look into the efficacy of cannabis in treating medical conditions. Looking forward to the day that we can isolate exactly what we want/need to cure ourselves.
Good luck out there
OG_NoMan is offline Quote

Old 06-26-2017, 08:22 PM #17
packratt

packratt will become famous soon enoughpackratt will become famous soon enough
Awesome info, thanks for posting. Wife suffers from Crohns, as well as cystic fibroses , which makes smoking impossible for her. Will have to try citric acid/lecithin. She did try edibles but did not like the effect, made her very lethargic
packratt is offline Quote

Old 06-27-2017, 11:26 PM #18
Mb1991

Mb1991 is on a distinguished road
Hi, does anyone know how you can buy ROS oil for cancer, i unable to grow and my time is ticking, Thanks!
Mb1991 is offline Quote