What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Natural Disasters

GoatCheese

Veteran
Devastating 2020 Atlantic hurricane season breaks all records https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-atlantic-hurricane-season-breaks-all-records 10 Natural Disasters That Have Already Happened In Just 5 Months Of 2020 https://curlytales.com/9-natural-disasters-that-have-already-happened-in-just-5-months-of-2020/ ^^Antarctica’s Snow Is Turning Green, All Thanks To Climate Change!
No. Most of the larger planets are fairly close to each other at the same direction of the sky and have been for a good few years now. = Moon shifts the tides, so the gravitational effects of the other planets have their effects too. I’m sure this affects the tectonic plate- and volcanic activity, and also prolly how the Sun functions( which affects weather/wind/cloud paterns on Earth).

You guys should google “climate change on other planets “. Cloud cover on Neptune has grown at the same time we have climate change on Earth; Winds on Mars have picked up or did already over a decade ago; There’re geysers active on Saturn’s moon Enceladus etc, etc.

Cloud cover of Neptune
opo0317e.jpg

There was a study paper written already in the 70’s that if we start seeing simultaneous climate change on planet Earth and Mars, it’s because we (solar system) have entered, or just about to enter, the Local Interstellar Cloud

[FONT=&quot]Interaction with solar magnetic field[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In 2009, [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Voyager 2[/FONT][FONT=&quot] data suggested that the magnetic strength of the local interstellar medium was much stronger than expected (370 to 550 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]picoteslas[/FONT][FONT=&quot] (pT), against previous estimates of 180 to 250 pT). The fact that the Local Interstellar Cloud is strongly magnetized could explain its continued existence despite the pressures exerted upon it by the winds that blew out the Local Bubble.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][10][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Local Interstellar Cloud's potential effects on Earth are prevented by the [/FONT][FONT=&quot]solar wind[/FONT][FONT=&quot] and the [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Sun's magnetic field[/FONT][FONT=&quot].[/FONT][FONT=&quot][4][/FONT][FONT=&quot] This interaction with the [/FONT][FONT=&quot]heliosphere[/FONT][FONT=&quot] is under study by the [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Interstellar Boundary Explorer[/FONT][FONT=&quot] (IBEX), a [/FONT][FONT=&quot]NASA[/FONT][FONT=&quot] satellite mapping the boundary between the Solar System and interstellar space.
[/FONT]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Local_Interstellar_Cloud
Here’s an interesting site where you can see where the planets in our solar system are today, in the past or in the future:

https://www.theplanetstoday.com/index.html

Sure, humans can ruin this planet if we don't do things right, but imo, it's by polluting it, i doubt we change the climate that much.

Man-made climate change (formerly know as "global warming") is propaganda by polluting corporations, industrialists and investors, because they want to shift the blame ON EVERYONE and away from themselves..
..and they wanna use tax-payer money to MODERNIZE their factories with greener tech. YOU GUYS GET IT?!! GOT IT? :good:

J

JimCreator

I've got friend, she lived two blocks from 911 when it happen, I smoke my first dope with her.. It was year 2000, I'm sentimental now ;)

Off topic

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There is no doubt whatsoever that our rate of deforestation on the earth has effected climate. This is grade school science.

I'm also pretty sure climate change is cyclical but that could also be human influenced.

As a young child, I attended church. The preacher had read from the bible a verse which said something like make sure you do not hurt the oil. As we were leaving the church I said to him 'you know that means we should not be pumping oil out of the ground because the earth needs it for fuel'. He was a little dumbfounded.

Gry

Why do you all suppose that Trump and the GOP have such a boner about opening up drilling rights in the arctic wildlife reserves? So much so that they are racing to auction off the rights as quick as possible before Trump leaves office. It would be mind-boggling to learn how much dirty money these unscrupulous greedy bastards are making under the table

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation...ng-rights-to-arctic-national-wildlife-refuge/
An oil deal with the potential to place him a completely
different financial league altogether. Rosneft

J

JimCreator

Back to that 911 off topic, clear it, it was when I smoke first time dope.
My dope.. its different chapter. :gaga:

J

JimCreator

Back to subject, in short, we are treat earth like garbage, and one day she gonna clear this mess..

Latest posts

Latest posts