What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Things Falling Apart: BAD SIGNS

St. Phatty

sometimes, the "bad signs" are a form of reform - however crude or mis-aimed.

e.g. the neighbor who has shot other neighbor's dogs - what happens when there's a fire ? they might find themselves with a hole in their radiator, when it's time to evacuate.

This is the description of Serbia, when their own Civil War occurred in the mid-90's.

Scores got settled.

Yes, the US has been held together with duct tape that has been sitting in the sun for years.

And the duct tape is getting brittle.

But it doesn't mean all of what happens is "Bad". Sometimes it is simply a form of correction, or reform.

There is no sign that the US is adapting to Covid19, or learning to "make it work". the #1 policy is still, maximize medical industry revenues from Covid19.

the general public knows something is wrong, but they don't know exactly what.

Some guy flipped me off today because I was going 70 in the left lane when the traffic was getting a little thick. I don't think he was really angry at me.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran

White Beard

There is no sign that the US is adapting to Covid19, or learning to "make it work". the #1 policy is still, maximize medical industry revenues from Covid19.

the general public knows something is wrong, but they don't know exactly what...
Seems to me that you’re right about us not adapting well (or at all) to the COVID situation...but *most* of the “economic relief” has gone to the permanently wealthy and their corporations - and not specifically to any portion of healthcare - or to the public, who - as always - bear the brunt of impact. Given that the GOP wishlist for the ‘next’ assistance bill includes billions for the pentagon and *nothing* for families that are still without paying work and facing foreclosure/eviction - and again virtually nothing to fund the healthcare system, it seems that they want to take yet another “opportunity to enrich themselves, their friends, and the corporations they’re invested in.

It’s not exactly funny that people don’t know exactly what is wrong...but it’s very plain that the rightward march of society has packed the government at every level with ever-more-extreme “conservatives” these last 40 years, and those “conservatives” still rail against the democrats as if they have been in power the whole time...and still are....

It’s pretty plain that “conservatism” has failed the American public at every turn, and intends to carry on with the endeavor, no matter what; yet still we hear the continuing cries that ‘those commie liberals’ are the problem. The *only* problem. A problem that clearly won’t go away even if they exterminate every single non-supremacist in the country.

In all my years of tracking politics in the US, I have never seen such a fundamental break with reality as is apparent in the administration, the courts, law enforcement, state legislatures, economic policies, foreign relations. The “conservative cure” is killing us as a nation and as a people far faster than any physical disease, any foreign enemy, any honest mistakes in governance have ever managed to accomplish...but so many just keep listening to the voices that say ‘we just need more “conservatives” in power - more “conservative” “conservatives” - that’ll fix everything.

At this rate, the 2020 election may be the actual END of the USA as anything resembling a free country if we get yet *another* round of GOP hustlers and kleptocrats in office.

“There are none so blind as those who WILL NOT see”.

We must wake up from the insanity or we’re toast.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
In all my years of tracking politics in the US, I have never seen such a fundamental break with reality as is apparent in the administration, the courts, law enforcement, state legislatures, economic policies, foreign relations...

..... and yet another Bad Sign, maybe the the most telling of alla the Bad Signs, we'll have to see......:shucks:

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
More Bad Signs

More Bad Signs

Here's another from Wednesday and yesterday night.

https://www.koin.com/news/protests/portland-resident-riots-mayhem-have-got-to-stop/

Portland resident: Riots, mayhem ‘have got to stop’
2020 Protests

Riot declared near East Precinct Wednesday night

PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — Officers declared a riot Wednesday night as protesters tried to break into the Portland Police Bureau’s East Precinct during the 69th straight night of demonstrations in Portland.

Portland police declared a riot once a group of people cracked the glass front doors to the precinct. The group proceeded to barricade the doors and set a fire....... Eight arrests were made overnight, police announced later in the day. Charges included rioting, interfering with police officers, criminal mischief, disorderly conduct, attempted assault of public safety officers, reckless driving and resisting arrest. One person arrested is from Kentucky, while another is from Minnesota.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...rocks-concrete-72nd-night-demonstrations.html

Protesters pelt Portland Police with rocks and concrete and shine lasers to try and blind cops on the 72nd night of violent clashes after Trump called the demonstrators 'lawless rioters'

Portland police on Friday night said they were pelted with rocks and concrete as officers were attempting to control the 72nd night of demonstrations
Police in the Oregon city said rioters were also 'shining lasers trying to blind officers'
Hours before Donald Trump used a New Jersey fundraiser to criticize events and said anarchists and 'mobs' have been given free rein in Portland ..... On Friday evening, more than 100 protesters collected by 8.30pm at Laurelhurst Park in Southeast Portland, according to Oregon Live.

A flyer on social media promoting the event told people to wear black and many were dressed in black from head to toe.

People handed out handmade plywood shields in preparation for a potential clash with police.

A group of about a dozen protesters practiced formations with shields, the site reported, and one protester led the group and helped them place their shields into an effective wall.

The march set out around 9.20pm, and after about 25 minutes arrived at the Penumbra Kelly Building, shared by city and county law enforcement - scene of frequent clashes between the protesters and police.

I really like reading USA news on the UK DailyMail site, you get USA news that's been buried in the US news media along with really, really good photos/video.

In the video from last night you can clearly see the riot has been highly organized and planned, the group has a leader, shields have been handed out with Black Power symbols imprinted and one shield has a Black Power symbol with an Antifa symbol above it.

So why do 'they' insist on calling the movement BLM when in reality it's just the modern, updated version (disguised) of the old Black Power Movement??

What do they have to hide and why?:dunno:

Here's 1 more Bad Sign with telling photos :tiphat::

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...y-Force-leader-revels-anti-Semitic-abuse.html

The new face of race hate: Marching through London they
claimed to be fighting bigotry - but as this exposé by GUY ADAMS lays bare, their leader revels in anti-Semitic abuse... with chilling echoes of 1930s fascism

St. Phatty

well my 2 roosters are getting along.

https://twitter.com/RexChapman/status/1276882898730323968

maybe this belongs in the "positive" thread.

at least she didn't pull out an Uzi !

the Killer miniature Rooster is kept indoors, away from the 2 normal roosters.

He would have killed his own father, except there were no predators around to eat an injured bird that day.

His father is a Bantam. The new rooster is a Brahma, who get really big. I think one of the main factors is age. The Bantam is about 5 years old. The Brahma is 6 months old. The Silkie - the one that's so good at fighting - stays indoors. He's about 2 years old.

If there were tournaments, I would enter him. ( Not the kind where they put knife blades on the roosters legs. )

He's like Bruce Lee re-incarnated as a rooster.

The only bird faster than him is his own mother. She is banished inside too.

So, Mother Nature will prevail. Her eggs contain his seed. 2 of the least chicken birds on the planet, i'm thinking some of those baby birds are going to be like their parents. CROSS MY FINGERS :woohoo:

Some birds really are more like tiny semi-smart dinosaurs. Good thing the Killer mini Rooster doesn't want to peck my eyes out ! That's what he tried to do to his father.

"She provides an estimate of 85 billion neurons for a human brain, and 221 million neurons for the Red Junglefowl, a wild relative of domesticated chickens."

so chickens are functionally smarter than humans who only use 0.26% of their brain.

Gry

Here's another from Wednesday and yesterday night.

https://www.koin.com/news/protests/portland-resident-riots-mayhem-have-got-to-stop/

Portland resident: Riots, mayhem ‘have got to stop’
2020 Protests

Riot declared near East Precinct Wednesday night

PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — Officers declared a riot Wednesday night as protesters tried to break into the Portland Police Bureau’s East Precinct during the 69th straight night of demonstrations in Portland.

Portland police declared a riot once a group of people cracked the glass front doors to the precinct. The group proceeded to barricade the doors and set a fire....... Eight arrests were made overnight, police announced later in the day. Charges included rioting, interfering with police officers, criminal mischief, disorderly conduct, attempted assault of public safety officers, reckless driving and resisting arrest. One person arrested is from Kentucky, while another is from Minnesota.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...rocks-concrete-72nd-night-demonstrations.html

Protesters pelt Portland Police with rocks and concrete and shine lasers to try and blind cops on the 72nd night of violent clashes after Trump called the demonstrators 'lawless rioters'

Portland police on Friday night said they were pelted with rocks and concrete as officers were attempting to control the 72nd night of demonstrations
Police in the Oregon city said rioters were also 'shining lasers trying to blind officers'
Hours before Donald Trump used a New Jersey fundraiser to criticize events and said anarchists and 'mobs' have been given free rein in Portland ..... On Friday evening, more than 100 protesters collected by 8.30pm at Laurelhurst Park in Southeast Portland, according to Oregon Live.

A flyer on social media promoting the event told people to wear black and many were dressed in black from head to toe.

People handed out handmade plywood shields in preparation for a potential clash with police.

A group of about a dozen protesters practiced formations with shields, the site reported, and one protester led the group and helped them place their shields into an effective wall.

The march set out around 9.20pm, and after about 25 minutes arrived at the Penumbra Kelly Building, shared by city and county law enforcement - scene of frequent clashes between the protesters and police.

I really like reading USA news on the UK DailyMail site, you get USA news that's been buried in the US news media along with really, really good photos/video.

In the video from last night you can clearly see the riot has been highly organized and planned, the group has a leader, shields have been handed out with Black Power symbols imprinted and one shield has a Black Power symbol with an Antifa symbol above it.

So why do 'they' insist on calling the movement BLM when in reality it's just the modern, updated version (disguised) of the old Black Power Movement??

What do they have to hide and why?:dunno:

Here's 1 more Bad Sign with telling photos :tiphat::

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...y-Force-leader-revels-anti-Semitic-abuse.html

The new face of race hate: Marching through London they
claimed to be fighting bigotry - but as this exposé by GUY ADAMS lays bare, their leader revels in anti-Semitic abuse... with chilling echoes of 1930s fascism
We live in a world where anything can be and is manipulated.
Has long been standard practice to place instigators in a crowd.
Umbrella man being a recently investigated example.
I think an open examination of the similarity and differences between the militia movement we saw recently at the Michigan state house and the original black panthers would be both fascinating and revealing.
I recall our societies response to the panthers, cointelpro and the amount of out and out slaughter of members of even black separatists by the FBI.
I do not think that we have seen any significant change in the nature of our society since then, and I expect we will see very similar responses by the state in the near future.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
We live in a world where anything can be and is manipulated.
Has long been standard practice to place instigators in a crowd.
Umbrella man being a recently investigated example.
I think an open examination of the similarity and differences between the militia movement we saw recently at the Michigan state house and the original black panthers would be both fascinating and revealing.
I recall our societies response to the panthers, cointelpro and the amount of out and out slaughter of members of even black separatists by the FBI.
I do not think that we have seen any significant change in the nature of our society since then, and I expect we will see very similar responses by the state in the near future.

I lived through those times and recall them well, though the FBI was a response to the radical violence perpetrated by the Revolutionaries, the Black Power movement and the Black Panthers and their offshoots.

As illustrated in the Patty Hearst kidnapping:
https://www.fbi.gov/history/famous-cases/patty-hearst

kidnapped by a group of armed radicals that billed themselves as the Symbionese Liberation Army, or SLA. Led by a hardened criminal named Donald DeFreeze (Cinque Mtume, Field Marshal Cinque), the SLA wanted nothing less than to incite a guerrilla war against the U.S. government and destroy what they called the “capitalist state.” Their ranks included women and men, blacks and whites, and anarchists and extremists from various walks in life.

They were, in short, a band of domestic terrorists. And dangerous ones. They’d already shot two Oakland school officials with cyanide-tipped bullets, killing one and seriously wounding the other.

Why’d they snatch Hearst? To get the country’s attention, primarily. Hearst was from a wealthy, powerful family; her grandfather was the newspaper magnate William Randolph Hearst. The SLA’s plan worked and worked well: the kidnapping stunned the country and made front-page national news.

Sound familiar to any groups/tactics being used today?:whistling:

Gry

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The claim of the FBI was that the blacks had been backed by communists.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Which was false and untrue and based in racism.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]That claim was used as the basis for coinintelpro, resulting in the unsanctioned
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]murder of many black leaders including[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Martin Luther King Jr.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]That abuse of power [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]did one hell of a lot of damage.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Not a soul was ever held to account.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The same police state tactics are still used today.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Which resulted in BLM.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Tynehead Tom

420giveaway
there will be civil war in the USA .... I predict by the turn of 2024 , American's who cherish and support the US constitution and have had enough of the far left intrusion into the American Dream will be rising up and setting things straight.

it is innevitable.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Or maybe the right pulls its head from its ass, realizes Trump is against the Constitution, bands with their brothers in arms, and collectively revolts against their true oppressors.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
No need to worry about a Revolution, that won't be happening, it's a luxury we won't be able to afford, the issue of racism will drop to the bottom of the list of current concerns.:grouphug:

With the coming worldwide depression we'll all be at each others throats over a crust of bread.

..... and it will be the job of whichever government that's in charge to solve the problem, something to think about when you cast your ballot.:whistling:

Meanwhile, another Bad Sign the whole world's going straight to hell!:

www.cnbc.com/2020/08/09/saudi-aramc...f-the-year-as-pandemic-batters-oil-price.html

Saudi Aramco profit drops 50% for first half of the year as pandemic batters oil price

www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/...saudi-arabia-turns-off-the-u-s-oil-taps-again

Saudi Arabia Turns Off America’s Oil Taps Again

The strategy worked wonders in 2017. It will be more challenging this time around unless the pandemic eases its grip on oil demand.

Gry

there will be civil war in the USA .... I predict by the turn of 2024 , American's who cherish and support the US constitution and have had enough of the far left intrusion into the American Dream will be rising up and setting things straight. it is innevitable.
The American dream was that each generation would do better than the one which had preceded it. Unions made that possible in our father's generation.

The business class pushed back upon that idea, and pushed for low wages using racism and and an antilabor movement to do so.
They were willing to and did call any organizer of labor a commie- as they
shipped our jobs over to fucking China to suppress decent wages here.
It was always about cheap wages here. Racism was merely a tool.

One can have cheap wages, or one can have the American dream.
Like the old labor song said, which side are you one ?
I have never thought anything is pre ordained, but do believe
our own history is one of the more interesting things I am
aware of.

Tynehead Tom

420giveaway
if you are american and believe that trump is the enemy of your constitution.... it's time to put down the cannabis my friend.

the democrats in america are absolute scum bag marxist evil doers and again.... if you believe Trump is the enemy of the american constitution..... I just shake my head in wonder
and for this reason.... america will be at war with itself soon..... and oh boy , all the lefties will be swept away like the chaff of wheat in the wind LOL

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
He became president with little to no understanding of it.

He attempts to act against it repeatedly.

He is doing so even now.

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
if you are american and believe that trump is the enemy of your constitution.... it's time to put down the cannabis my friend.

the democrats in america are absolute scum bag marxist evil doers and again.... if you believe Trump is the enemy of the american constitution..... I just shake my head in wonder
and for this reason.... america will be at war with itself soon..... and oh boy , all the lefties will be swept away like the chaff of wheat in the wind LOL
do you like the first amendment and agree that it ought to be upheld?

Latest posts

Latest posts