What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

oxyCLONE system works

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
65 F water temp. 1 drop of bleach per liter, 12 drops for this 3 gal 40 site clone setup. Tap water. I used filtered water before but the added chlorine helps disinfect most of what grows dirt dust bug litter and stuff. I added hydroguard clonex and rapid start at about 20% of the label suggestions. White stuff grew a film on the stems so I scraped or wiped it off and switched to tap water with bleach 1 drop/liter. From what I understand start feeding once roots are visible, clonex and rapid start have npk.

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
pH was adjusted to around 5.8 one of the times from what I remember. Not sure if bacteria or biofilm or acid help in deep water culture at least cloning. Chlorine acid and superthrive npk salt or ionic or chemical form sterile no microorganisms is ok for propagating this way I think. Water changed once or twice a week. Unsure if pH adjustment is helpful or necessary but chlorine seemed to help.

No philosophical rant or preference suggestion, organic and chemical are the same on a spectrum of earthworm castings in cups may propagate clones well and throwing dirt in a humidor with plants or spraying chlorine on your entire growing garden are not the best. Like a time and place a specific application or use dose for each how much is important.

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
Those did not make it. Flying insects and larvae eating them. Humidity dome helps keep those out. May add two timers one minute every ten or so. Have yet to keep temperature pests and water level right long enough. Peat cubes in a tray with humidity dome worked for me although it would be nice to have this in order. Seems less than recommended concentration for rapid start, clonex can burn leaves. Peat cubes can be in between saturated and dry. Pictures with all plants showing roots I don't know what is going on. When the environment has been right I have seen some plants' branches sprout roots more than others, not those kind of roots in a few days. Think about if plants have been selected with ease of cutting propagation in other words the most vigorously rooting genetic varieties. Or the only plant to sprout roots out of all seed plants grown. And cutting that one again and again. Those pictures may show a similar variety I don't have as much experience propagating clones.

Akss

attachment.php
I have no idea what's going on there but I've had nothing but success with my little oxyclone 20 run after run...

TdotGonG

or you can just buy a small tote cut some 2" holes and throw in net pots with a fish pump and call it a day. But bleach though, Good bye beneficial fungal/bacterial colonies lol.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts