What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help needed ASAP

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
420giveaway
Help!!!!! What is this on my zucchini? Can't have it spread to the other end of the garden where the girls live. Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks!

picture.php

picture.php

It is white blotches on some and almost completely white on some of the under growth.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I'm new, so this is more of a guess than a solid answer, but that appears to be powdery mildew. If you google image search for "zucchini powdery mildew" you will get hundreds of pictures that seemingly show the same thing. When I asked at my hydro shop I was recommended a product called Supreme Growers Banish. I personally haven't had to use it so I cannot speak to it's efficiency. I'm sure somebody who has personally combated this scourge can offer better information.

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
420giveaway
Now that I know what it is how do I get rid of it? Should I just get rid of the zucchini? The girls are what's most important as it is my medicine :) thanks for the help.

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
420giveaway
So I made a mix of a little less than 1 part mouthwash with alcohol to 3parts water with about 1/4 ounce of neem to make about 1/2 gallon. I sprayed everything really well except for the girls as they have no signs of this and have been receiving neem bi-weekly. I will hit them with neem again tonight or in the morning depending when rain comes and goes. We'll see what happens.

the gnome

Veteran
get some airflow going once you get it cleaned up
stagnant air is the main reason PM blossoms on your plants.
if you don't want to use heavy chems like E20 try using
mineral oil, low toxixity
its your best friend for keeping nasties like PM at bay
also a multitude of bugs like spider mites, white flies,
and eggs to, its an ovacide to boot

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
So I made a mix of a little less than 1 part mouthwash with alcohol to 3parts water with about 1/4 ounce of neem to make about 1/2 gallon. I sprayed everything really well except for the girls as they have no signs of this and have been receiving neem bi-weekly. I will hit them with neem again tonight or in the morning depending when rain comes and goes. We'll see what happens.
Good luck man! :canabis:

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
420giveaway
It's very over grown in that area. Might just clear it out and call it a lesson learned for next year. If this effects my girls I am gonna be pissed.

Ripshot

zucchini, cucumbers, melons plants like that are very suceptable to powdery mildew. ive had these types of plants in my garden for years and with it, always powdery mildew. yes it can spread to other plants but if you keep it in check it will be fine.

here in canada ive used a product called serenade which works pretty well. Right now i use a product called green cure which is potassium bicarbonate which works amazing on PM.

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
420giveaway
zucchini, cucumbers, melons plants like that are very suceptable to powdery mildew. ive had these types of plants in my garden for years and with it, always powdery mildew. yes it can spread to other plants but if you keep it in check it will be fine.

here in canada ive used a product called serenade which works pretty well. Right now i use a product called green cure which is potassium bicarbonate which works amazing on PM.

Just ordered the green cure will be here Friday. Gonna thin it out a little in the meantime. Thanks for all the help everyone :comfort:

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
420giveaway
Update

Update

So after being sprayed in the afternoon and a good soaking rain last night they look a lot better. Still gonna thin them out a bit and have some green cure coming so I will start a spraying regimen with that when it gets here.:tiphat:

get some airflow going once you get it cleaned up
stagnant air is the main reason PM blossoms on your plants.
if you don't want to use heavy chems like E20 try using
mineral oil, low toxixity
its your best friend for keeping nasties like PM at bay
also a multitude of bugs like spider mites, white flies,
and eggs to, its an ovacide to boot

One use of eagle or nova and the problem is gone. Theres nothing wrong with it on veggies its a problem on stuff you smoke.

Honestly i tried everything under Eagle/Nova for months with no success. 1 use of nova and bam no more nasty ass pm fucking up my OGK

Serenade and KHC03 didnt work at all for me. It keeps coming back no matter what. Maybe the strain of PM i had was particularly nasty cause i tossed all my cuts waited months to restart, months before and after tossing cuts i tried KHC03 and serenade and had no luck and had to escalate to nova40

the gnome

Veteran
Right now i use a product called green cure which is potassium bicarbonate which works amazing on PM.

hey ripshot,
it saved my bacon also
the one time i got PM the ladies were 5 weeks into bloom, in a non-sealed pretty small bedroom grow
now that is/can be a BIG expensive bring tears to your eyes prob,
luckily it was very localized on the lower 1/2's of a few plants.
I ran across green cure too,
I applied it selectively upped the air flow and the prob wasn't a prob within a week :woohoo:
this was 4yrs ago, during winter in NW Florida
so it was low humidity(for fl.) and i didn't fire up the fans
i just took for granted I didn't need em,
learned a lesson and got off pretty easy.

air flow airflow airflow
it's never visited again... fingerz X'd :smoke:

hey ripshot,
it saved my bacon also
the one time i got PM the ladies were 5 weeks into bloom, in a non-sealed pretty small bedroom grow
now that is/can be a BIG expensive bring tears to your eyes prob,
luckily it was very localized on the lower 1/2's of a few plants.
I ran across green cure too,
I applied it selectively upped the air flow and the prob wasn't a prob within a week :woohoo:
this was 4yrs ago, during winter in NW Florida
so it was low humidity(for fl.) and i didn't fire up the fans
i just took for granted I didn't need em,
learned a lesson and got off pretty easy.

air flow airflow airflow
it's never visited again... fingerz X'd :smoke:

Fans and KHC03... im glad you say it works but KHC03 has to be applied weekly so i suspect you probably are not being truthful. You can barely keep pm at bay but you cant totally irradicate it. People always love to say fans amd KHC03 but everytine i hear it i assume you read it off the internet amd parrot it to sound like an expert.

KHC03 will however roast the shit out of the leaves at just about any concentration, and only makes the pm go away for a couple days, far as fans loads of serious growers have had a good laugh with me, because we know fans and airflow wont make pm go away if it did the AG industry would reccommend that acrion rather than N40 or E20