What's new

I got BROAD MITES (have a plan but need help)

I,m growing out side, i don't no what to use first i just got ogbiowar,pfr-97,forbit, n avid.I figured problem was to much water, to little water, bad ph, or nutrient wasn't them. so i got out my big eye n saw it was broad mites.( i know i lost time trying to figure it out) my plants r just starting to show pistils (i hope i'm not to late) I sure could use some help with my problem Thanks PS i thinned out plants for foliar fight while waiting for stuff to get here. Thank again

amanda88

Regular application of neem oil will hold bugs and molds at bay, more so this time of year too. tho neem oil is organic something a little stronger may be required but I'd still stick with the neem oil

IGROWMYOWN

Veteran
With neem you'll have to spray every 2-3 days it's not easy to get them all trust me it's a battle is it me or does it seem like everybody is battling some type of mites this season? If it's not russet it's broads.

Thanks for the in put (it all helps) i hit my plants good with forbit, in 3 days i'll try something differnt n so on, at the end i'll finish up with some mite eating bugs.if that doesn't work i'll chop, n try again next year

panick503

Thanks for the in put (it all helps) i hit my plants good with forbit, in 3 days i'll try something differnt n so on, at the end i'll finish up with some mite eating bugs.if that doesn't work i'll chop, n try again next year

Dude ur showing pistils and u hit ur plants with forbid? That stuff should only be used in veg... same for avid if ur thinking about using that too

Andyo

Veteran
all this breeding

all this breeding

breeding without a thought for natural insect resistance is main cause .
so many seed co,s $$$$$$$
Depending on latitude indica and sativa true land race cross will resist most mites.
100,s of years of natural resistance.
good organic soil and a well chosen site .A

breeding without a thought for natural insect resistance is main cause .
so many seed co,s $$$$$$$
Depending on latitude indica and sativa true land race cross will resist most mites.
100,s of years of natural resistance.
good organic soil and a well chosen site .A
I understand what your saying. i have never had a problem before, only had pm once, my soil is full of worms (i let grand kids dig worms for fishing n it only take two pitch fork digs to get what they need) I'm thinkin they came from some soil i got at the grow store (i put 1/2 a bag in each hole when i transplanted) My bad i feel like giving my self 100 lashs for being so stupid.

Dude ur showing pistils and u hit ur plants with forbid? That stuff should only be used in veg... same for avid if ur thinking about using that too
Read my post again, i know i am late but bm's r a bitch to get rid of from what i have read, If my pot is shit i'll burn it in a big pile on the back 40

Storm Shadow

Veteran
If you use the FORCE ... you can make them self Combust into ashes 2 ashes...Dust 2 Dust

Jedi Mind Tricks

panick503

Yah I read ur post again.. Are u talking about the first post where u said ur plants are showing pistils, or the second post u made where u said u sprayed them with forbid? Listen,I had to go through this horror about 8 months ago at my shop so I know how stressful it can be, but using poisons in flower shouldnt be an acceptable solution. Good luck man

Andyo

Veteran
yep

yep

I understand what your saying. i have never had a problem before, only had pm once, my soil is full of worms (i let grand kids dig worms for fishing n it only take two pitch fork digs to get what they need) I'm thinkin they came from some soil i got at the grow store (i put 1/2 a bag in each hole when i transplanted) My bad i feel like giving my self 100 lashs for being so stupid.

Id think they came with grow store soil.
Ive allways thought germing seeds in contact with the soil from ground your using whether in the ground or a mix in starter pots to be put in ground once growing kind of inoculates the seedling to whats in the soil.
im living tropical now im not getting bugs if seed germed in ground
they take longer to get going by a long way but once they do there a different plant,resistant and on maturity you would think theyd been flushed major shade leaves lemon yellow and mid shade leaves showing anthocyanin colours reds oranges most leaves falling.
I had same in uk germed in ground , i got northern lights to fully finish at 52 deg latitude ,end october , some september air frosts made botritis mold dormant.
lol i digressed a bit there must be this thai weed .A