What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Crazy looking plant!! I have never seen a plant like this

OgRastaman

This is a pic of 1 of the plants that I started from seed it was given to me with the name afghan mafia but I like to call it taliban kush . This the only plant out of the 8 seeds that popped that is doing this 3 leafs and 3 branch even cross sections.!?!? Has any else ever seen this!?!?
Take a look and tell me what you think

Thanks & bless there's enough herbs for every one!!!

Sisu

Veteran
Whorled phylotaxy. I've ran across it a time or two. I've never grown them out as the ones I had seemed to be slower in veg, which makes sense. Others have commented that they get predominantly male individuals with these plants. Another member here bred with them but I'm not sure how that worked out for him. There are a few threads here about WP. Best vibes!

Rinse

Veteran
Ye Ive had a few plants do this, including a landrace (himalayan) that had 4 fan leaves and side branches per node.

OakyJoe

OGJoe / Wiener und kein Allemann
Veteran
Years ago i got a afghani like strains with really the same thing. in all my years of growing i saw them very rare but it looks very nice!

Last edited:

Jhhnn

Veteran
I grew a supposedly Hawaiian variety 30 years ago that would sometimes do that. In stretch, they'd put out buds spiraling up the stems instead of alternating or adjacent. The few examples of it I saw were male, but I don't think there's any def conclusion to be made wrt that.

SeedsOfFreedom

Veteran
I have seen this in numerous strains, usually just one or two plants out of many others. One interesting thing is usually if you top the plant, it will revert to regular growth. While this trait is fun to see once and a while, the plant should be no better or no worse than its siblings. The joy of seeds! You never know what you may find!

OgRastaman

TThk you guys for for a lil info on this I am going to grow it out to see if it will be 1 for the record books more pics to come check out my albums

OgRastaman

Supermanlives I have permission to change the name directly from the breeder of the Genetics. This afgan mafia was a personal cross given to me by a very special friend along with 8 other new strians he has been developing over the past years. Given to me From old skool to bring it to a new generation of people there is a lot of afgani strains out there and mulitpule crosses this 1 im going to call taliban sorry superman im not changing the name for profits just changing the name because it fits better! 1 love 2 all there is enough tree for every 1 !!!
Bless!!!

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
taliban kush though? That's as dumb as naming a plant after Obama...

Why not give it a respectable name rather than some dumb terrorist / political garbage???

Just tacky, tacky, tacky...

dank.Frank

OgRastaman

The orignal breeder named it afghan mafia so I thought what is the afghan mafia ? The taliban so I think the name fits. Not because of a poltical statement , seriously its just a name ?!? I started this thread because I was curious about the node structure on this particular plant not because of the name. But all thoughts & comments are welcome. Shit there is over 50 xdifferent og kush names including Oboma, darth vador, neptune,snoop dogg , badazz and plenty other silly names out there!

There is enough tree for every one! Bless

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
and of course if it isn't "kush"...

sigh...

nevermind.

Enjoy supporting (indirectly my making it "cool") feminine oppression / terrorism / heroin / child trafficking, etc...

dank.Frank

Sensi's big bud used to do that; three adjacent branches instead of two. That's part of the reason the buds were so big.

It's not called whorled phylotaxy; that's when the leaves are bent.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Eureka was right when he said trifoliate.... fwiw.

I got side tracked. ;)

@Superman - ya know, there IS a strain named Big Pink Pole that still gets blown. :biggrin:

dank.Frank

Last edited:

SeedsOfFreedom

Veteran
Phyllotaxy is the arrangement of leaves on a plants stem.
1.alternate phyllotaxy - 1 leaf per node.
2.opposite phyllotaxy - 2 leafs per node
3.whorled phyllotaxy - 3 or more leafs per node

Trifoliate is a leaf shape. Each leaf of a trifoliate has 3 leaflets per leaf.
Please research it up before arguing.