What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Saliva drug test tomorrow!

chinese-mecican

I just heard I have to take a saliva drug test tomorrow at 2 pm. I smoked today before they called me at 10 am. I heard it only lasts for 12-24 hr in a saliva test but i am still worried. Any tips or tricks to help pass?

Mr Pink

Depends on how the saliva is analysed I guess.

If they simply use the little portable test kit then I reckon you shouldn't be worried, as it can only detect whatever it detects in the saliva roughly 4 to 7 hours after smoking.

Why would they tell you the day before if they planned on using such a basic test though? You have to determine if this is a random routine test or one that's directed at you for a reason.

Anyway, I've read people suggesting an olive oil mouthwash, others recommending listerine... you can have both, none will hurt, and let us know what happens :)

Everyone is different but your pretty much screwed. I think they have detox kits for saliva tests not sure. Know someone who failed the saliva test said he smoked 2 days before PO locked his ass up for that.

chinese-mecican

Well I found out I passed the test. It was for a new job. I didnt smoke for 28 hours and I brushed and flossed my teeth really well. I also took some dr. greens mouthwash 20 min before I took the test.

R

Rabbi Reefer

Congrats on the new job!
Let's hope they don't make you pee in a cup at the drop of a hat!

Sirrsmokealot

I went 21 hours without smoking and I also took cool rinse mouthwash do you think I will pass my test it's been over a week and I'm freakin out

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
Why would they tell you the day before if they planned on using such a basic test though? You have to determine if this is a random routine test or one that's directed at you for a reason.

This tells you that the employer doesn't care if you smoke on the weekends or in the evening at home. They gave advance notice because they wanted to know if you were capable of controlling yourself enough to not smoke before coming to work.

or.....

Drug tests cost money. Giving advance warning encourages those who wouldn't pass anyway to not show up.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
a friend went through it and passed..he even smoked before and passed a second one..its almost hard to fail ...yeehaw..he brushed teeth a lot and used mouth rinse...

mack 10

Veteran
If you can use the mouthwase just befire your test
yiu shoulf be fine.
At the test spot my work used they have even banned
drinking water/ eating sweets before the mouth swabs
as everyone was passing.
Xxxtra strong mint anyone?

Years ago I had got hired at a job where they saliva tested. This other kid that was getting hired was in the HR office with me, and he bombed his mouth with a whole pack of those Listerine strips. Pretty funny to watch. Saw him in training the next week.:good:

nukklehead

Everyone is different but your pretty much screwed. I think they have detox kits for saliva tests not sure. Know someone who failed the saliva test said he smoked 2 days before PO locked his ass up for that.

ON the fence myself... I smoke but my lady doesnt... both of us subject to random testing (medical field) .. she actually failed
with a mild positive THC on the swab. We have a good life..
(intimacy etc.) and I smoke in small quantities around her.

Luckily, she was directed to the lab and passed a U/A test per
policy/protocol.

I luckily havent been tested but keep the ultra wash mouth wash
handy just in case. I never smoke before duty..(only after)...

I always wondered if I caused her to turn up positive (??)
and wonder if I could pass on the spur of the moment with
the mouth wash.

I keep synthetic urine on hand just in case I did have to test
and failed and had to report to the lab. Hope and pray I never
have to be faced with this situation. I guess early warning is
the key but unfortunately some of us dont get that luxury as
it is "spur of the moment"

Like to hear all experiences of the swab test because I think it
is becoming somewhat of a standard with employment..

cheers

Nukklehead

Siever

Veteran
Sirsmokesalot,

I'd say that you'd definitely pass. Unless you smoked a whole lot those 21 hours before.
Normally a test can detect up to14 hours, but normally 12 hours what you've been smoking.