What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Diamonds, how Do you make yours.

mack 10

Veteran
So the Diamond craze is all over ig.
Anyone got the tech down?
Some crazy ice cube size diamonds floating
In terpsauce looking crazy Ness!

Heard some mumblings about seeding jars with christals,. Anyone? Top Quality dry sift pressed to rosin then?

gumby420

first it HAS to be super high quality material. after your run pour into a mason jar, for me around 1 psi, still a little liquidy. I let that sit with a lose lid on, inside of a closed cooler over night. no ice or anything in the cooler (I've tried the cold crash tek and didn't notice a difference other than eating up a few days). about 24hr later ill almost always already see little crystals already growing. then I totally close the lid and put it in the oven at 85. always worked for me. but like I said, its gotta be really good BHO, I've done it with trim, but ridiculously good trim and trim looks darker, live resin ill get clear diamonds and an almost clear terp fraction. and its gotta be either super dewaxed or run with really low temps. I just run it around -40 and skip dewax. also I burp the jars once a day the first 2 days then every other day until crystals stop forming

mack 10

Veteran
Nice one @gumby420.
Some great tips.

How long in the oven/ vac?

Last edited:

gumby420

Nice one @gumby420.
Some great tips.

How long in the oven/ vac?

in the oven from anywhere from a week if its a small amount and the solution crashes out super quick, up to a month if its chunky diamonds. but never with a vacuum pulled. after you have your finished "sauce". separate the thca from the terpenes. you can pull a full vac on the thca crystals. pull a vac on the terps right until you start to see bubbles coming from the bottom. I usually purge my terp fraction around 80* and like -5 hg, not much of a vac.

Zapadra

Saturation is all you need. Cycle the two in a vessel if you can. Liquid/liquid is all the rage for large scale.

mack 10

Veteran
@gumby420,. You da man!
Many thanks for your insight.

@zapadra,. Can you explain that in more simple terms please. Saturation? Cycle in vessle?
Thanks for looking.

St. Phatty

I've been thinking about making Diamond-diamonds for a few years, but not seriously.

"The process involves large presses that can weigh hundreds of tons to produce a pressure of 5 GPa at 1500 °C"

You need specialized chambers, not unlike those used to create nuclear explosions -
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/8b/BARS4.svg/1200px-BARS4.svg.png

Meanwhile my organic diamonds are sitting outside, waiting for me to shake off last night's rain, and the sun to come out so they can start sparkling.

jswick93

Ive seen people using 100% n-butane and 70/30 mixes and other mixes too so it seems that any mix works for making diamonds. What do you all personally use and what are the differences in technique for certain mixes? I'm sure propane would help pull more total terpenes.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Future4200 has a write up on his forum

For solventless you can find the information on diet.funk's IG page.

mack 10

Veteran
The Rosin sauce looks crazy.
Anyone on the tech?
Press straight to jar, then heat?

*pulls up a bucket* anyone want to write up a tutorial? I'm sure a moderator would love to pin it. Seems like this is some secret squirrel tech. Anyone who has either had or made butane based diamonds/terp sauce, is there much residual butane?

Lrus007

Veteran
thanks for the replies
i wondered about it also.
might have to give it a try.
Lrus007

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
Like mikel said - Future4200 has a really good SOP listed. I think the thread is listed under "OTSS Tech" or something like that.

Looking to do something like that myself soon, subbing in on this one.

aod

Latest posts

Latest posts