What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Blackone's Bubble Gum Battle

blackone

Veteran
I'm used to getting a strong scent in the kitchen in the morning at lights out because the range hood is connected to the same chimney as the exhaust for my grow. This morning there was nothing. I'm happy the carbon filter is working well.
A couple of lights out pics.
picture.php

picture.php

blackone

Veteran
Most of my clones seem to be dying, and some of my phenos risk extinction. One that I'm particularly worried about is Serious BG #3 because it seems so far to be a superior pheno. Early, perfect structure, good vigor and also some interesting terpenes, though it's still too early to judge. She has more lower shoots I can clone so that will be my task tomorrow.
For the meantime I've liberated the clones from their individual plastic cup cloners and placed them under a makeshift dome because I didn't have one big enough. I want to make sure they can get some air. It might be the right decision and it might be their doom but the cup cloners are not working out for me this time, even though they have worked really well in the past.
Edit: The water in the trays is for humidity.
picture.php

blackone

Veteran
Day 26

Day 26

Update for yesterday, day 26 12/12.

TH Seeds plants are still growing like weeds and I have to tie them down all of the time. They would have been up to the ceiling already if I hadn't. Also the aroma I get from them so far is not fruity, but more like smells I've experienced on sativas. Carrot, cedar and lavender comes to mind but it's still not very distinct and the trichome production is barely getting started.
Their buds are slower flowering and a bit looser, and everything about them just cries "sativa". I wonder if there has been some sort of mix-up with those seeds at TH Seeds? They came in original breeder packs. "Short soldier like stature" - not so much!

Red Dragon is almost as stretchy as the TH Seeds plants but at least it's supposed to be a sativa... It's also a little earlier showing resin. I do get some aromas but nothing distinct.

I like the Critical 2.0 a lot. Buds are starting to fill out and there is a lot of strong citrus aroma. Good structure and resin production. She does seem to be putting the budlets very close to each other forming long solid colas. This is great for pictures and bragging rights but makes me a bit scared about mold.

OG13 has a pretty poor corner spot under the 400W. This might be the reason why she seems to be pretty poor yielding but I don't think it's the only reason. Mostly stalks with small buds.
Underdawg OG is similar. I've been checking up on her since I removed balls but haven't found a single one so far.
These 2 OG crosses have shown nothing so far that might convince me to keep them around. Both have pretty bland aromas and they also seem a bit later than Serious Seeds BG.

Sugar Black Rose has a nice structure and good development. Nothing spectacular about her yet but she might surprise me. Fair resin production and a nondescript cannabis aroma.

Peach Puree CBD also seems pretty nice. Again an OK structure. Not too much resin yet. Pretty fruity aromas.

Dinafem White Widow is a good looking girl. Lots of budsites along the main stalks that are developing nicely. Not too much resin, but she seems to one of those plants that reserve most of the resin production for the calyxes. So far the aromas are a bit weak - mostly burnt rubber.

Now for the star of the show - Serious Seeds Bubble Gum!
Every plant looks nice and they all seem to have the same theme aroma-wise, although some are more pronounced than others and with different tones coming through they pretty much all have these sweet fruity aromas reminding me of roses, scented geraniums and strawberries. I stated before that my favorite plant so far was #3 but I remembered wrong and it's in fact #6. This is the girl - good vigor and lots of golf-ball sized buds on the main stalks, just the way I like it.

picture.php

Aroma-wise #1 might be slightly ahead. She has been growing a little slower and is also slower to flower with a bit leafier structure, but still she seems to put out a good number of buds.

The clones are a bit of a horror show... they were slowly dying and not rooting through the grodans. I decided to split the cubes and put them in soil. So far this seems to work and I see a bit of new growth but all in all I'm having pretty bad luck with this. Serious Seeds#5 has been lost, and my favorite #6 (the plant I thought was #3) seems to be on the edge with just a single clone that might make it. I decided not to cut any more clones, opting instead to reveg the keepers that won't root. I will harvest those slightly early to increase my chances of success.

Whole room shot:
picture.php

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Will be interresting to see, if you find something more bubblegummy then the old Enough Bubblegum.

Fingers crossed, that you find some dank phenos!

blackone

Veteran
Well nothing yet that really screams "Bubblegum" but the terpenes are still developing so we'll see.
Funny thing - I once had a plant that really smelled like Bubble Gum and it was from the same breeder but had nothing to do with his bubble as far as I know. It was his "Freja" crossed to some Danish outdoor. Started in my greenhouse and finished inside, and a lot better than the pure Freja.
The only time I tried his Bubble Gum I got a lanky sativa - the single strongest smelling plant I've ever grown. I think you mentioned it might have been from a later generation.

I might continue my quest for a real Bubble Gum. Nirvana's Bubblelicious and Female Seeds' Bubblegummer seem interesting because I think they're hacks made with old genetics.

TheBlaze

The most bubblegum smelling plant I've ever grown was a super skunk from G13 Labs. Proper bubblegum smell.

Looking good Blackone

St. Phatty

I think you will like the Sugar Black Rose. Very White Widow ish.

I would keep an eye out for seeds that form randomly and end up in the bottom of the storage container after the grow. As long as there were no hermies, with those mothers to pick from, they ought to be really choice seeds.

blackone

Veteran
I think you will like the Sugar Black Rose. Very White Widow ish.

I would keep an eye out for seeds that form randomly and end up in the bottom of the storage container after the grow. As long as there were no hermies, with those mothers to pick from, they ought to be really choice seeds.

I kinda hope it isn't a keeper because I think I've lost both clones and I don't want to reveg too many plants:moon:

DiverDave

Good grow so far BlackOne :artist:
I'll follow to see how things turn out for you , stay safe and take care of your girls :cathug:

I'm building to move from soil , except when I get mothers ..they will be in soil.
I found a great thread here for areo spray'n to make clones , that how I want
to do it .. when its clone time.

I will sit in on this to see the turn out , looks great .. :rtfo:

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Update for yesterday, day 26 12/12.

TH Seeds plants are still growing like weeds and I have to tie them down all of the time. They would have been up to the ceiling already if I hadn't. Also the aroma I get from them so far is not fruity, but more like smells I've experienced on sativas. Carrot, cedar and lavender comes to mind but it's still not very distinct and the trichome production is barely getting started.
Their buds are slower flowering and a bit looser, and everything about them just cries "sativa". I wonder if there has been some sort of mix-up with those seeds at TH Seeds? They came in original breeder packs. "Short soldier like stature" - not so much!

Red Dragon is almost as stretchy as the TH Seeds plants but at least it's supposed to be a sativa... It's also a little earlier showing resin. I do get some aromas but nothing distinct.

I like the Critical 2.0 a lot. Buds are starting to fill out and there is a lot of strong citrus aroma. Good structure and resin production. She does seem to be putting the budlets very close to each other forming long solid colas. This is great for pictures and bragging rights but makes me a bit scared about mold.

OG13 has a pretty poor corner spot under the 400W. This might be the reason why she seems to be pretty poor yielding but I don't think it's the only reason. Mostly stalks with small buds.
Underdawg OG is similar. I've been checking up on her since I removed balls but haven't found a single one so far.
These 2 OG crosses have shown nothing so far that might convince me to keep them around. Both have pretty bland aromas and they also seem a bit later than Serious Seeds BG.

Sugar Black Rose has a nice structure and good development. Nothing spectacular about her yet but she might surprise me. Fair resin production and a nondescript cannabis aroma.

Peach Puree CBD also seems pretty nice. Again an OK structure. Not too much resin yet. Pretty fruity aromas.

Dinafem White Widow is a good looking girl. Lots of budsites along the main stalks that are developing nicely. Not too much resin, but she seems to one of those plants that reserve most of the resin production for the calyxes. So far the aromas are a bit weak - mostly burnt rubber.

Now for the star of the show - Serious Seeds Bubble Gum!
Every plant looks nice and they all seem to have the same theme aroma-wise, although some are more pronounced than others and with different tones coming through they pretty much all have these sweet fruity aromas reminding me of roses, scented geraniums and strawberries. I stated before that my favorite plant so far was #3 but I remembered wrong and it's in fact #6. This is the girl - good vigor and lots of golf-ball sized buds on the main stalks, just the way I like it.

View Image

Aroma-wise #1 might be slightly ahead. She has been growing a little slower and is also slower to flower with a bit leafier structure, but still she seems to put out a good number of buds.

The clones are a bit of a horror show... they were slowly dying and not rooting through the grodans. I decided to split the cubes and put them in soil. So far this seems to work and I see a bit of new growth but all in all I'm having pretty bad luck with this. Serious Seeds#5 has been lost, and my favorite #6 (the plant I thought was #3) seems to be on the edge with just a single clone that might make it. I decided not to cut any more clones, opting instead to reveg the keepers that won't root. I will harvest those slightly early to increase my chances of success.

Whole room shot:
View Image

Nice one blackone looking good for sure.:tiphat:

blackone

Veteran
Thanks. The tallest TH Seeds "bubblegum" at the end are a mess. Even after tying down they insisted on growing up past the lamp and the biggest one of them - somewhat choking out the others in the corners - is growing whispy buds. The rest of the TH Seeds BG are looking a little better but I really think I might have been sent S.A.G.E. seeds or some other sativa. I'm a bit irritated with this. Sent an email to them but haven't heard anything unfortunately.
If it's another strain I would really like to know what it is. The description for S.A.G.E seems consistent with what I have.

Less than half of the clones have survived unfortunately.
Losses include some of the Serious Seeds BG plants I want to keep around so I will have to reveg :( In fact I want to keep every single Serious Seed BG pheno around until I'm 100% sure I've found the superior ones. The earliest and largest yielding #6 doesn't have quite the same aroma as the other phenos any more, although it's still pretty nice.
Critical 2.0 seems to be surviving - both clones even. I'm very happy about that.
White widow is safe I think - she has a nice structure and I think a good yield but the aroma is puzzling me a bit if I like it or no. I'll keep her around for now and make up my mind after smoking some well-cured bud.
Sugar Black Rose seems to be putting out some nice big buds. She also likes putting out very large fanleaves but removing the largest ones doesn't seem to be hurting budbuilding. Very nice citrus aroma and good resin. I don't have any clones alive from her - she will be revegged.
Both OG-13 and Underdawg OG seem to be really bad yielders. I'm not impressed with OG-13 in any way so far but Underdawg OG has a nice smell and very good resin. I took a small bud from her around day 26 and smoked some 2 days later while it was hardly dry (desperate? I might be...) . Nice potency already - a shame she was showing intersex traits but at least they didn't seem to continue. She's still on suicide watch but I'll probably run a clone next time too.
Peach Puree CBD was also sampled yesterday - a small bud that was picked 3 days ago. An immediate mellow feeling hits the arms and legs after inhaling and a bit of a functional although perhaps somewhat drowsy high starts creeping up. I haven't sampled pure CBD so can't comment on that but she does seem to be somewhat low THC.

Yesterday some new seeds were started that I have been gifted for test grows.
Female Seeds: Iced Grapefruit
Someone else: GG#4xWhite OG and P19 project (Contains a large percentage of The White along with some other strains)

Nico Farmer

Nice report,
I totally agree for SS BG; keep all you phenos until you know who is the winner. The biggest is not the best, naturally, the most frosty is the strongest and the more tasty has big calixies and a great smell at week 6.

:tiphat:

blackone

Veteran
My sad clones. Around half of them still alive and it looks like I'm losing Critical+ 2.0
picture.php

I definitely want to reveg her and here is why - 116cm of heavy yielding colas:
picture.php

Red Dragon looks very promising with serious resin and a mystical aroma that's turning a bit more fruity now. I can't get her out for a picture shoot because she's tied to the scaffolding.
All of the Serious Seeds Bubble Gum plants are smelling very nice. I bought a pack of Hubba Bubba gum and although it's not spot on it's somewhere similar.
Whole room:
picture.php

I started some new seeds. Iced Grapefruit from Female Seeds that I received for a test grow and also some other testers from a private breeder:
GG#4 x White OG and P19, which is a multihybrid with a good percentage of "The White".

correct me if im wrong but the original creator of bubblegum was the guerilla grower that was very known on here till he passed away, silverback. he bred a afghani with a sweet hybrid

blackone

Veteran
@ Nordic Stoner it's pretty common knowledge that BG is from Indiana, and both Serious and TH Seeds acknowledge that. I wasn't aware that Silverback was the breeder though.
TH Seeds might be closer to the original but I'm not entirely sure what I have is actually their BG even though it came in original breeder packs.

blackone

Veteran
Day 55 12/12

Day 55 12/12

Phone is always charging so didn't get any shots.
Harvest has begun - Serious BG #6 is down along with most of #3 plus White Widow and Peach Puree. They were all ready - in particular Peach Puree was very ready.
Sugar Black Rose, Critical+ 2.0, Serious #5 + another Serious I don't remember(either 2 or 4) is coming down in a day or 2. Then I'll almost be at the point where I can turn off the 400W.
A couple of Serious BG will need a week more or so. Same for both OGs.
All of the TH Seeds "BG" will need more time - some more than others. They still look incredibly sativa - a couple of them are promising but unless they're something very special then I won't hang onto them unfortunately since I'm not sure what strain they are.
Red Dragon has some incredibly beautiful buds.

Been smoking on a bit of early harvested SS BG #6 mostly along with Red Dragon and Underdawg OG. They're all nice, with Red Dragon being pretty sativa, Underdawg OG has a killer potency and BG is a bit middle of the road.

Shiskobar

Hi Blackone..very nice grow fer sure, but you have to work on them clones man, yes we know that clones should be moist, but not overly moist and they need temps as well. I come to find that 22 - 26 degrees Celsius or 72-79 F is ideal, below these temps in slows all down and above the clone uses energy to protect itself from collapsing. But in this little window they're thriving. This isn't an - I know better - thing, I'm sure you'd kill it next time.
Thanks fer the growshow, looking forward to any last shots if possible, take care and watch out, christmas is suddenly here lol. S