What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Once more, with feeling.

two heads

Veteran
Curious how the haze does up there. Is it just becoming ready to pick when you bring it home?

I'm not sure Pipeline. This is my first Bangi Haze grow. I realize it will be touch and go to have it ripen in time but at least I'll have 3 big Criticals and I can always make hash or cookies with the Haze if it doesn't fully mature.

two heads

Veteran
And then there were four...

And then there were four...

Phew, long day. Including an earlier-than-expected visit to the site after pretty strong winds the last two days. Nothing like the hurricane in the Carolinas or the tornado that touched down not far from here, but peaking around 70kph so I was concerned. Anyway, all was well - no overturned plants and just a few small branches damaged by bigger branches. But clearly 10 gallon root pouches are not adequate. The plants are yellowing still and bud production will be affected. I gave them 15-30-15 non-organic fertilizer this time to see them through till harvest.

The sickly Critical from last time got cut though. It looked like it was getting worse and there's a fair bit of decent bud on it I didn't want to lose. Here's the before and after for it:
picture.php

picture.php

Besides harvesting one plant and fertilizing the others. I added a few more strings, spread more slug bait and pulled off lots more yellow leaves. On arrival:
picture.php

On departure:
picture.php

picture.php

I'll post a few bud shots soon.

I hear you. I have a love/hate relationship with the swamp after 20+ years of growing there. I'll miss it but I won't, which I bet you can relate to. I hope you don't have to live to 150 to see a change in the law. I never thought I'd see the day here in Canada. Happily I was wrong.

You won't miss growing in the swamp...

but you'll have to re-learn how to grow NOT in a swamp!

Nah, you'll have no problems with that.

You will be able to just go out back and visit them whenever you like, and water when they need it, etc.

Too bad you can't dig a shallow ground well and sink tubes into it in your backyard hahaha

two heads

Veteran
Too bad you can't dig a shallow ground well and sink tubes into it in your backyard hahaha

Actually we have a little pond in the backyard with a huge pussy willow growing on the edge of it. Maybe that's where the ganja trees should go!

two heads

Veteran
As promised, here are a few bud shots. They're filling out nicely but the Critical wants at least a week more and the Bangi Haze probably three weeks or so. Here's a nice branch of Bangi Haze in it's happy little swamp home:
picture.php

and a closer look at the bud:
picture.php

Here's a mix of Bangi Haze and Critical buds. Sorry, I forgot to note which was which.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

two heads

Veteran
More buds. This one is Bangi Haze. It's starting to show some nice colour in the leaves. Nice to see something other than yellow!
picture.php

Might be Critical? Not sure.
picture.php

The Bangi Haze seems to be tolerating the nutrient deficiency better than the Critical but that could be because they aren't as far into flowering. Here's one Bangi Haze:
picture.php

and the other:
picture.php

The Criticals are definitely further along:
picture.php

My plan now is to harvest the other two Criticals early in October and, if the weather holds, bring the Bangi Haze home on October 17 - legalization day here in Canada.

two heads

Veteran
Good news. That sickly Critical + 2.0 I brought home trimmed out at 136 grams (4.86 oz) - and it smokes really nice. Very much like last year's crop, maybe a bit racier because it's so fresh and was taken at least a week early.

If that sick plant gave me over a quarter lb. taken early, I'm hopeful I'll still average a half lb. on the remaining four plants. Of course, I'll never count anything till it's safely home. I'm pretty thankful for what I have already.

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Right on Two Heads! Great grow this year, best vibes on the remaining plants out there!

Your grow always inspired me, especially when I used to grow on the swamp!

Cant wait to see the other gals finishing up for ya!

PEace!

two heads

Veteran
Cheers Buddah Watcha, thanks for dropping in.

The weather has been pretty poor but yesterday was quite nice so I went out to check on the garden. As I guessed, the Critical + 2.0 was ready. I planned to harvest both the remaining plants but there was simply too much to fit in my backpack - a nice problem to have. One of the Criticals had tipped a bit with its weight and the wind and a few buds had molded where they touched the surrounding bushes. So I harvested that entire plant. I only had to toss a tiny bit of molded bud but if I had let it go much longer it certainly would have spread.

The second Critical was bigger and I saw there was no way I could get both home so I simply chopped the top half and I'll return early next week to get the rest.

The fertilizer has made a difference. Everything looks a lot healthier and there were hardly any new yellow leaves. On entry to the garden:

picture.php

Bangi Haze #1. They still aren't ready but I took a couple of small branches from this because I'm very curious to try it.
picture.php

Bangi Haze #2
picture.php

Last edited:

two heads

Veteran
Here are the two Criticals. Critical #1 (this one got chopped completely)
picture.php

Critical #3 (before getting its top chopped)
picture.php

And after getting half cut (she's a sloppy drunk!)
picture.php

Juicy bud pics coming

two heads

Veteran
Bangi Haze bud shots. Looking good. They may not need till October 17 but I like the idea of bringing them home on legalization day so I may let them go that long.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

two heads

Veteran
That's it for now. I'll be back next week to get the bottom half of that Critical. Depending on how the Bangi Haze sample smokes, I may take some tops from them as well.

Here's what I managed to fit in my 36 litre backpack. I felt bad, treating these beauties like Jamaican brick weed but I made sure to get them unpacked and hung as soon as I got home.

picture.php

Here are the two Bangi Haze when I left last night, pretty much all that's left:

picture.php

I took a couple of interesting photos while I was on the site. First a small plane went over so, as always, I ducked into the bush. Looking up through one of the plants, I thought this was an unique perspective:

picture.php

Finally, just before I left, geese were flying over, preparing to migrate. I got a shot of them with my plants in the foreground and the evening sky behind. They're small, in the bottom right corner. Ain't I artsy?!

picture.php

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice shots two heads! I like that canadian geese shot! Glad to see the garden is doing well! Those critical 2.0 flowers have a lot of trichomes! Happy harvest! Grass seed bags work well to bring home for early picking.

Looks like the sun is running out there. October 17, you can make it! That will be a great day! Wow! Congratulations! :smoke:

two heads

Veteran
Thanks pipeline. If the Bangi Haze make it to October 17, I'll bring them home the Canadian way - in a hockey bag!

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah I guess it could freeze there between now and then! October 17, wont matter one bit if your bag smells like a cannabis garden! After harvest, after your hands are completely black and sticky, go to town and introduce yourself to some people! :smoke:

two heads

Veteran
Back to the garden on October 9 for a third harvest. I took the rest of the last Critical plant and, realizing I wouldn't be able to bring home both Bangi Haze on the next visit, I took several top branches from each of them as well. They are looking pretty close to being ready.

Here are the two Bangi Haze before getting their hair cuts:
picture.php

And here's the bottom half of the last Critical before it got chopped and bagged:
picture.php

The buds on it look ready.
picture.php

two heads

Veteran
Bangi Haze bud shots

Bangi Haze bud shots

Here's how the Bangi Haze buds looked on October 9. It won't hurt for them to get another 8 days but I don't think it was ridiculously early to take the branches I took. These buds look pretty sweet and the small sample I tried from October 5 has a strong, energetic high I love.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Some beefy Bangi Haze branches against the swamp background. I think I'll miss this place.
picture.php

gorilla ganja

Well done, another successful swamp grow.
Glad to see the Bangi finish for you, I tried it up North and it didn't stand a chance with an early freeze.

Peace GG

two heads

Veteran
Nice to hear from you gorilla ganja. Happy Legalization Day to you and all my fellow Canadians! Hopefully next season, you are able to grow indoors or in a greenhouse. I guess the question is, will we 'gorillas' miss being 'guerilla'?

I'm sparking up a BIG bowl of Bangi Haze and Critical + 2.0 mixed together and then heading out on my mountain bike to bring in the last of this year's harvest. What a wonderful day, even if it has rained, snowed and hailed in the last few hours! We're free!