What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cookies or Better ( Candy Rain Cookie Fam and more )

Illuminate

Keyboard Warrior
Veteran
Pot size depends more on how long you veg and if the plant grows roots after 12/12, depending on if you repot before flower or veg from cube in the pot. Plus how many can you fit in the area?

Jonny Lan

Pot size depends more on how long you veg and if the plant grows roots after 12/12, depending on if you repot before flower or veg from cube in the pot. Plus how many can you fit in the area?
I understand, but I mean are people doing sog in 5 gal pots? I figured it was typically smaller plants in smaller pots? I was trying to go with biggest pot size for an sog.

i usually work in squares. so 4x4 ill either have 4 9 or 16 plants based on wether I'm using 4.5 gal 3 gal or 1.8 gallon containers. with the 9 plants i use the most water but I find it's the right balance for me. (4.5 gal pot uses 1.5 gallon every watering, 3 gal -1gal and 1.8 gal - half a gallon) so instead of filling my space by vegging 9 plants in a 4x4 I would fill it with 25 3 gallon containers and train them for one single cola? i wonder if this would be more effective than the 9 plants filling the same space using 16 gallons more water?

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
the cut you're taking about, #3, was that your selection?

let's see a better picture of it, it looks like an OGKB pheno to me.
does it grow real slow, the leaves look right to me.
they can get by with less pot space.

the cookiefam seeds are regs or fems? you mentioned autos somewhere they are not auto are they?

you need to sandpaper those beans before you soak them to get the best germination, you'll have better luck sprouting them in paper towel until they toss the shells then go to dirt.

some are gonna need help to get the shell removed and they are easy to damage if you are trying to pull it off when it's already potted.

cookies make very strong shells on the seeds that can be hard to crack.

look for them in the runts and mutants you are finding.
don't toss the freaks, they are the ones you want.

these are some OGKB phenos that I've found in my beans.

Stink Panties was one of my 5 OGKB bagseeds.
picture.php

male SquareBreath- OGKB 2.0 2nd Bx
picture.php

other SquareBreath phenos
picture.php

Weirdo-si-dos (Forum GSC x 9GG#4 x OGKB male CookieBoi)
picture.php

picture.php

Jonny Lan

the cookiefam seeds are regs or fems? you mentioned autos somewhere they are not auto are they?

you need to sandpaper those beans before you soak them to get the best germination, you'll have better luck sprouting them in paper towel until they toss the shells then go to dirt.

some are gonna need help to get the shell removed and they are easy to damage if you are trying to pull it off when it's already potted.

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image
beautiful dude! last one looks kind of similar to the Ice Cream Cake #3 i found. Yes #3 is one of my pics from a pack of Wedding Cake x Gelato 33. Ill get more pics and throw em up asap!

I ended up just cracking the ones that woudnt open by hand. worked great!
Not surprised this #3 reminds u of OGKB, my number 9 tasted like OGKB

Illuminate

Keyboard Warrior
Veteran
I understand, but I mean are people doing sog in 5 gal pots? I figured it was typically smaller plants in smaller pots? I was trying to go with biggest pot size for an sog.

i usually work in squares. so 4x4 ill either have 4 9 or 16 plants based on wether I'm using 4.5 gal 3 gal or 1.8 gallon containers. with the 9 plants i use the most water but I find it's the right balance for me. (4.5 gal pot uses 1.5 gallon every watering, 3 gal -1gal and 1.8 gal - half a gallon) so instead of filling my space by vegging 9 plants in a 4x4 I would fill it with 25 3 gallon containers and train them for one single cola? i wonder if this would be more effective than the 9 plants filling the same space using 16 gallons more water?

Id go with 1.8 and a shorter veg, more plants. But do a test run with the var first to see if she fits the style. I like to use bigger pots, this run i used 9 1.8s per light and should have gone up one before flip.:tiphat:

Jonny Lan

Id go with 1.8 and a shorter veg, more plants. But do a test run with the var first to see if she fits the style. I like to use bigger pots, this run i used 9 1.8s per light and should have gone up one before flip.:tiphat:
how about 25 1.8 gallons?

You making f2's or nah?

Was thinking about it, id usually want at least 150 different plants to choose from instead of the 52 i have but with the price of these maybe it would be worth it?

Illuminate

Keyboard Warrior
Veteran
Yeah fuckit why not, not sure how these cookie types will do in sog with short veg, i heard they like a mature root system before flower.

For that money id make f2 with what i had then run as many as i could of those.

Jonny Lan

Yeah fuckit why not, not sure how these cookie types will do in sog with short veg, i heard they like a mature root system before flower.

For that money id make f2 with what i had then run as many as i could of those.
The candy rain I plan to do a decent veg, the Ice cream cake number 3 in going to try sog. actually might be a few other varieties in there as well. gonna get it started now!

That's a good idea, make f2's then pop 200 beans and find another male and female for future projects? I was considering something like this already but will see how these come out first!

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
how about 25 1.8 gallons?

Was thinking about it, id usually want at least 150 different plants to choose from instead of the 52 i have but with the price of these maybe it would be worth it?

Imo it would be very worth it so that the search in f2 which is will throw you some very unique phenotypes

Jonny Lan

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image
Sorry for the wait! here is some more Ice Cream Cake #3 Pics
Wedding Cake x Gelato 33

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

\

Jonny Lan

in the picture above, was it a good yield?
Well, I had 15 plants going, 1.8 gallon pots in a 4x4 the largest yielding was A Tina Danza (Triangle Kush x Georgia Pine) by Swamp Boys @62.8 grams
this #3 of ice cream cake yielded 35 grams.
The number 10 pheno of ice cream cake yielded 57.3 and was the best yielding of the ice cream cake

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
Well, I had 15 plants going, 1.8 gallon pots in a 4x4 the largest yielding was A Tina Danza (Triangle Kush x Georgia Pine) by Swamp Boys @62.8 grams
this #3 of ice cream cake yielded 35 grams.
The number 10 pheno of ice cream cake yielded 57.3 and was the best yielding of the ice cream cake

Haven't seen that many reports on the Tina Danza...I've always been curious though..What was the smoke like?

OP

Badfishy1

Yeah sad I missed this before! Love the colouring on cookies! Sadly yield woes have kept me away from running them, but there are few plants as sexy as cookies! Good luck m8

Jonny Lan

Haven't seen that many reports on the Tina Danza...I've always been curious though..What was the smoke like?

OP
It was great! I have 2 lime liquorice tasting ones. (#1 and #4) #1 i like a bit more as i feel it is stronger and the #4 is a bit more lime. My indica loving friends weren't into the sweeter liquorice lime tasting ones and preferred the #3 which I can agree was the strongest. The problem for me is that I felt it wasn't as evenly balance in terms of taste and potency. So my pic was number 1. They all yielded great and in the same size pots as the 11 ice cream cakes i was running, the Tina Danza yielded more than the Ice Cream Cake per individual plant!
Definitely would run the Tina Danza 1&3 again to see if I can get more terps from the 3.
I Feel it belongs to its own category, I love it as a great day time to mid day smoke where as all but one of the ice cream cakes (#10) makes me feel to chill to have during the early parts of the day.

Yeah sad I missed this before! Love the colouring on cookies! Sadly yield woes have kept me away from running them, but there are few plants as sexy as cookies! Good luck m8

Thanks man! oh boy the cookies are beautiful! nice well rounded smoke.
The yields are usually terrible and takes for ever to veg. but this number #10 Ice cream cake is good in veg and yields exceptionally well.
I Just Transplanted some clones into .8 gallons I'm getting ready to do a larger run with it.

20 Ice Cream Cake #10
16 Sirius (StarDawg x ChemBC3) - South Fork Seeds
4 Ice cream cake #3
Its gonna be nice man doing this in a sealed 10x10 room!

Illuminate

Keyboard Warrior
Veteran
Showed my offline buddy your pics of the dank in your thread and he got all wet behind the ears about it.

Latest posts

Latest posts