What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Harvest Cup-Worcester, MA-Dec 16&17

CaptainDankness

Well that's gay, I just heard of it today. Lol, so much for better a day late than a dollar short. But sounds like I didn't miss much, maybe next year.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
also, want to know how was the quality of the bud being offered for sale by the vendors at the event...what was the competition like?

people had High times quality in appearance with large well trimmed nugs but everything I saw was a commercial seed selection and very few had a smell that interested me.

I got samples of 2 buds that were good but I went looking for smoke for my head and found nothing I wanted to buy.

I don't even know how the competition turned out, it was slow on Sunday but our booth always had people there and I didn't get away from it for very long.

The photographer from the Globe was from SoCal and he wass pretty stoked by the smell in my aisle.:biggrin:

I slipped him a bud of 2.0 and some pimp juice and I think he must of liked it.

I cut branches of Forum cookies, OGKB 2.0, SFV, Fire OG and Sour Dubb and had them in vases so people could check them out.
they were at 5-6 weeks and nice and loud.

Hundreds of people smelled those flowers and Sour Dubb is the favorite of 90% of the smellers with the 2.0 coming in second.

sold out of the Dubble Baked seeds both days. the fresh buds sell more seed packs than dry flowers by a long distance.
I did way more business than any other event I've done including High Times.
I'll have some new lights soon if there's anything left after I get my car fixed.

What a joke, I had to work so couldn't go but sent the boyz there today. They said it was lame, I really sent them to talk and hang with O & T but they said their booth wasn't there???? So I called her, seems them and many others were booted for donating med extracts. Going to catch up with her in a few dayz for the whole scoop but I do know that they had a huge line at booth and it brought attention thus the boot.

who's O & T??? it was super quiet in there today I guess because of Football but it was much easier to talk to people.

I don't think anyone got booted for giving away product, they were kicking out some people who had "too much on them".
you are not supposed to have more than an ounce on you in public and some people had multiple units on the table and there were some people with cake pans full of rosin and shatter too sat before it opened so maybe they got bounced too.

some vendors with huge jars of buds emptied them out and just left a few grams in the jar to view and the other guys in my booth just put their flowers under the table and only vended them to people who seemed cool.

I heard multiple vendors who thought undercover cops were trying to entrap them to make large sales but I didn't get any bad vibes.

I didn't hear of any arrests just a few vendors getting asked to leave.

the cops seemed really tolerant, I really didn't expect uniformed cops would stand there and watch so much weed get sold in public in a big fancy convention center.

when I left the building tonight the guy in front of me was walking out with a giant plant that he could just carry and a uniformed cop held the door open for him. If I could have got a picture of that...

people who went there to shop for seeds were raving about the selections that were available from the multiple seedbanks who were there.

there was a really big online supplier who I won't name and a bunch of smaller ones.

just a few like me who actually made the gear they were vending.
I'm so happy that I hit up one of the small ones and he let me have a little space at his table.

90% of the seed shoppers wanted fems only and some of the more newb types were mad at me when I explained that my beans had males mixed with females and walked away pissed off when I couldn't tell them exactly how many females they would get.

one of the other thinks that shocked me was how many of the seeds from other breeders just had a name on the pack with no mention of the genetics involved, just a name like tangie whatever or halitosis breath and people were buying it up.

the other thing all the new growers wanted to know was the % of indica to sativa was in the packs.:laughing:

there was one asian older dude who barely spoke english who showed me his phone and it had a huge shopping list of specific seeds on it
that of course I didnt have any of.

I mimed him to take a picture of my seed packs to text to the grower and he did then came back and whipped out a wad of cash that was at least 10K and he took one of each.
I only brought about a dozen of my selections with me so I missed out with that dude.
90% of my customers end up buying whatever I pick for them and don't know OGKB from ECSD.
when I have 30 choices or more they get all confused and most want me to pick a favorite for them.

wish I could have smoked out all the ICmaggers who came to visit.

this weekend it was mostly folks who lurked here and don't post with a couple of exceptions.

Y'all come to the Ludlow Gene Traders next month and I'll droop your lids because it's a smoking event!

I got some of your beans my buddie and his girl picked them up for me.
he was all over the old guy breath and that citrus ice cream
you cant really blame someone who only wants fem seeds.
I think all of us could find better things to do with our money ...first buy reg seed then grow it and then throw it? maybe in a legal state,who wants to get their house taken over a male no less:)
I will see you at Ludlow https://www.icmag.com/ic/vbglossar.php?do=showentry&item=Gene

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They are Canna-GODS!!!

No. For real. Some of the most real m'fers the game ever created. :respect:

I have family still afraid to eat medibles because of those peaches 'n cream...hehehe.

dank.Frank

Last edited:

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
some cup photos
IMG_2961-696x683.jpg

Above, Jeff Ruggieri of Rhode Island, left, and Alex Vincent of Somerset pose as Bluntman and Chronic, characters from the film, “Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back,” at The Harvest Cup in Worcester Saturday/Walter Bird Jr. photos

The first-ever Harvest Cup cannabis competition and trade show held court in the DCU Convention Center Saturday, with the two-day event expected to attract a crowd of thousands. Some 2,000 plus had already made their way through as of mid-afternoon Saturday.

Dozens of vendors – manning 135 booths in the main hall – greeted visitors and several participants were competing in various categories, but the real highlight of the event was the rolling of a 100-foot long marijuana joint, which prompted dozens of spectators to whip out their cell phones.

IMG_2954-696x522.jpg

https://worcestermag.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/IMG_3020.jpg

~star~crash~

I cut branches of Forum cookies, OGKB 2.0, SFV, Fire OG and Sour Dubb and had them in vases so people could check them out.
they were at 5-6 weeks and nice and loud...

Hundreds of people smelled those flowers and Sour Dubb is the favorite of 90% of the smellers with the 2.0 coming in second...

I'll have some new lights soon if there's anything left after I get my car fixed...

Y'all come to the Ludlow Gene Traders next month and I'll droop your lids because it's a smoking event!

^^^
:dance013:
seriously awesome!! & this are the best parts of Chunkys post ... peace

Eli Bloom

one person was at my table with a cut of AJ's sour D and said one of the booths was giving them away.

that's cause O & T got booted but the cops were cool and actually handed out the clones they had brought to sell...imagine a cop giving you a pot plant!!! brave new world.

P-NUT

Veteran
Are out of state people allowed to participate in Ludlow gene traders?

Last edited:

~star~crash~

Are out of state people allowed to participate in Ludlow gene traders?

from what i understand yes they are ... i can't get straight info though ...my best guess is that this scene is evolving every month and we have to go for ourselves pay the $20 to get in and then actually $ee what the deal really is ... could be very cool who knows

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
Who's going to the Harvest cup this year? I know of some legit clones available on the sidelines if you catch my drift.

Last year I saw some clones raffled there but didn't see any straight up for sale in the booths that I can remember now...

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
420giveaway
Who's going to the Harvest cup this year? I know of some legit clones available on the sidelines if you catch my drift.

Last year I saw some clones raffled there but didn't see any straight up for sale in the booths that I can remember now...

When/where is it?

Muleskinner

Veteran
I'm on the fence about going - it was fun last year, lots of bud and clones being sold - but the $40 entry fee really sticks in my craw. NECANN is only $25 and is a better event. Most of the vendors were at the Boston Freedom Rally a couple months ago which is a free event.

You don't get anything for the $40 except the privilege of paying vendors even more money. If I go I am going to stop by Summit Lounge and Green Light Cafe in Worcester to check out the coffeehouse scene. Summit Lounge is having a good event Saturday from 6-9, I may just go directly there and pay their cover charge which is a lot less than $40

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
what clones might be available?

Everything from your deepest fantasies, OGK, Headband, ECSD, sour dubb, Corey Stardawg, Sunset Sherbet, Chem 4, Chem D, Chem sis, '91, GMO cookies, Forum cookies, Dosidos, wedding cake, Super Silver Haze, TK, Gorilla Glue #4.....

Maybe a couple I forgot....:biggrin:

HerbChambers

Everything from your deepest fantasies, OGK, Headband, ECSD, sour dubb, Corey Stardawg, Sunset Sherbet, Chem 4, Chem D, Chem sis, '91, GMO cookies, Forum cookies, Dosidos, wedding cake, Super Silver Haze, TK, Original Glue #4.....

Maybe a couple I forgot....:biggrin:

Both Days? Will you be set up at a booth? I'll keep my eyes peeled.