What's new

recommendation for temp and humidity display

cravin morehead

Veteran
I'm at a loss for words here. For some reason i cant think of what they are called right now. :wallbash: I'm looking for recommendations for the thermometer and humidity sensor things that measure temp/humidity inside the grow and display it outside the grow. I would like a pretty accurate one. what have you guys been using?

cm

cravin morehead

Veteran
that's pretty cool, thanks. I like how you actually put the link in your response, not like me on a different thread, haha! is it pretty accurate?

cm

linky

that's pretty cool, thanks. I like how you actually put the link in your response, not like me on a different thread, haha! is it pretty accurate?

cm

Yeah, its very accurate, I have 4 different temp/humidity thingys in my room and all are within a degree or two and a few percent on humidity, including the connectsense.

I bought it because I wanted to be able to easily monitor my temps/humidity remotely and mostly be alerted when things are going wrong :)

linky

Here is a copy and paste from the website where you view your connectsense

picture.php

Genes

This actually looks exactly like what I was thinking of using - but the reviews on amazon have me skeptical. I hope you keep us updated of its performance - or any issues..

I noticed it comes with 500 alerts? That include email alerts? I was hoping for a system which would be unlimited? I imagine building some kind of aurdiuno monitor would be just as useful if you know how - unfortunately I do not.

Is it easy to connect to the phone to check? I think there is no app support for the moment , so you have to use their online portal no?

Thanks,
Genes

Check out Smart Bee controllers. They seem to be well received on instagram. Have not used em myself or know if they are the right match for what your looking for.

linky

This actually looks exactly like what I was thinking of using - but the reviews on amazon have me skeptical. I hope you keep us updated of its performance - or any issues..

I noticed it comes with 500 alerts? That include email alerts? I was hoping for a system which would be unlimited? I imagine building some kind of aurdiuno monitor would be just as useful if you know how - unfortunately I do not.

Is it easy to connect to the phone to check? I think there is no app support for the moment , so you have to use their online portal no?

Thanks,
Genes

Yeah the reviews on amazon had me skeptical as well but its been going for ~4 months now and has worked flawlessly. I have it setup on my wifi, I have it set to call me if the temp is over X and under X, same with humidity. I still have 484 texts left (used to have it set to text me instead of calling), about 8 of those texts used were from testing. Its 25 bucks to purchase another 500 texts. It comes with 60 calls, Its 10 bucks for 60 more. It may be unlimited emails, does not say how many emails remaining like it does with phone/text. I don't have it email me but you can have it email, text, call, tweet and web hook are options, can do one or all of them. Also keeps a log of past temp/hum you can view/download. I have it check every 5 minutes and report to the website/log.

Unless you set your rules to be really close to your room parameters you won't be using up alerts very fast, only if something is broke (ac, dehumidifier, humidifier etc).

Drop That Sound

You could also purchase or use an extra old iphone or android phone, and use a cheap baby monitor\security app with a low monthly alerts fee, and point the camera at a digital rh/temp monitor. That way you can also see the plants too in case you had a pump failure or even take pics if running a hydro system. Guessing they make a unit that does all that but cost more than linky's device... just an idea :)

Drop That Sound

otherwise I would just get these, not only do the display, they also control the equipment as well!

https://www.amazon.com/Digital-Humi...484472889&sr=8-3&keywords=humidity+controller
&
https://www.amazon.com/All-purpose-Temperature-Controller-STC-1000-Cooling/dp/B0084Y8HJK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1484472925&sr=8-1&keywords=image+stc+1000

Cheap, work awesome, and super easy to wire.

Otherwise why not just get this https://www.amazon.com/AcuRite-00782A2-Wireless-Outdoor-Thermometer/dp/B0009Y7RPS/ref=pd_cp_201_3?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B0009Y7RPS&pd_rd_r=6Q33VZAFE7B2RPPQN4BR&pd_rd_w=uwXM0&pd_rd_wg=LmX7u&psc=1&refRID=6Q33VZAFE7B2RPPQN4BR the most common wireless temp monitors there is, have em at walmart for like 12 bucks. only thing is they are cheaply made and if you bought 3 they will most likely display different readings. sometimes you get lucky but if you dont just exchange until you do, or buy 3 and take 2 back just in case lol

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Here is a VPD chart, which shows optimum temp to humidity ratio, in the gold color range -

Bobby Boucher

Sensorpush! $50 a pop. No wifi connectivity (which I prefer), but it updates via bluetooth every minute to an android or iOS device. You can also download the CSV files and export them to excel.

These things have exceeded all of my expectations. All three of mine came calibrated within a tenth of a degree/percent, they are extremely sensitive and seem to display actual RH in real time, and they throw their signal all the way through my big ass house from the corner of my crawlspace. They have left me wanting for nothing.

sensorpush-bluetooth-thermometer-hygrometer-with-iphone-ipad-android.jpg

Genes

I was looking around and came across something called the "temp stick" (by Ideal Sciences).. It seems like the unit Linky mentioned, the connetsense but does not seem to have any charges for alerts. It is the same price too.

Has anyone else come across this or used one?