What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cuts in MA

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
I never paid for clones and never sold them. The six varieties I started with were given to me and one of them is still being grown. Since then I have shared those and others. The person who taught me and gave me the clones was a good guy and retired pro grower, who didn't know me from Adam. Since then we've shared jars, cuts, kief, etc. He can call any time and have a jar of anything I've produced, delivered if necessary. He would do the same for me.

Clones really cost nothing to make. Trimming and topping my veg plants, I throw that shit away all the time. Tons of it. It comes from seeds that I paid $5 - $10. So someone wants some and I juice up the cloner and let it run for two weeks. Whats the big deal? I chopped up a 14" plant yesterday because I'm short on room being a small rec grower.

Anybody wants clones of anything I've got, I'll give em to ya. Free. No hooks. No expectations. Have a ball. You'll get them in a 16 0z beer cup in coco with no bugs. They're not as exotic as some, but most are 20%+. Acapulco Gold, Ultra White Amnesia, White Widow, Northern Lights 2, Strawberry Kush. All genetics are from Seedsman or Barney's. You can look em up. A hundred bucks for a clone that's nuts.

Here's about 50 fresh cut clones in todays trash.
View Image

Why don't you root them up and give them away at the meet ups?
Hell I can even loan you an extra light if you need one, I've only got 100 watt service where I am and won't be able to use all mine

Craigslist is full of sick people looking for herb too.

I figure there will be 100,000 new growers this year in Mass, you could do fifty people a solid with those if you don't toss them out.

I don't have much to spare rooted yet but I gave a couple rooted OGKB 2.0 out last week.

The way I look at it its all fine to hook up your close friends but if you want to change the world you have to hook up total strangers and lots of them.

Joesy's glue is the perfect example. If people didn't sell tens of thousands of them at cannabis cups all over the country the past three years there would have been lines to taste it Sunday night at my booth.

Instead every one here has smoked it, lots of it for sale reasonably, people lined up at the club's beautiful free rosin press squishing it and giving away dabs.

It funny to me when people who sell weed think all clones should be free but not the buds that they grew.

Clones take work to make and passing them for free or profit takes energy and puts you at risk if you are carrying them around the country.

You can give that shit away legally all day now and an ad on Craigslist will cost you nada. Free gifted clones to whoever wants them, I look at Craigs list several times a week and never seen that ad.

I realize I'm an anomaly in the amount of weed I give away but all of us who grow need to do a little extra to pass along the best to the next generation.

Like you said those plants in the garbage are free to you but they could also save a life if you are willing to fire up your cloner and pay it forward.

Next month I'll bet you would find plenty of folks at the whaling city party who would really appreciate a gift like those all rooted up and healthy.

it would be great to vend clones, just gotta show up and see what the scenes is like in the infancy of a new market..or make connections to create a market..

i'm still kind of confused about these gathering CP's been posting about..is it legal to show up with clones? can u show up with flower? does anyone even show up? wtf?

No one shows up at all and there's definitely no cannabis there.

This is all Internet role play, you know, like your glue clones.:biggrin:

KONY

Veteran
I had a good time at the event. Can't wait to run that 2.0. It has been on my short list of clones for a minute. I asked a local guy up here on IG for it a few months ago, and he said it wasn't his to give out!

We have similar events up here in Portland with indoor smoking, however the venue that hosts them is really tiny compared to Tetra. Which is weird because Maine has so much open space.

~star~crash~

No one shows up at all and there's definitely no cannabis there.

This is all Internet role play, you know, like your glue clones.

gotcha... i could show up w/ trays of the healthiest rooted cuts of both Headband

and gg4

but why take the risk & make the journey unless it was worth it?? you know ??

Muleskinner

Veteran
just for the record i've given away flower seed and cuts and my time for free since 1999:biggrin: and continue to do so

I feel the same way - I just ordered 500 seed envelopes, I may have enough seeds to fill them all 6 per pack and give away. Overgrow! It's critical to get people self-vested in growing their own herb so they will fight to protect the law.....or just ignore the law by the thousands, which is equally effective.

I don't ask money for seeds or cuttings because it takes so little effort to produce. Usually it's just excess from what I made for myself. Producing excellent flowers takes months of work every time, seems like they should cost a lot more.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Why don't you root them up and give them away at the meet ups?

I just offered them up for free in that post. Tell me what you want, wait two weeks and there ya go. Free.

I wish I could get seeds that easily.

At the local meet up, people have been offered freebie clones and I'm doing a custom CBD grow for someone in need for free. Keeping mothers and only having six in bloom, there's allot of trimming.

Right now, I'm at max capacity in a 5x5 veg tent and just unloaded the cloner. Every clone is either given away or a keeper for me. One even got chopped that was in veg two months to make room for the clones. That would have been a great give away. This's a long stretch from the $500 clone guy.

MeltingPOT

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The lucky peeps who got those free clones appreciated the hell out of them, Starcrash! You passed Mako, ECSD and Sour99 to me without ever meeting:tiphat: Such a mistake losing that haze! What a plant!

~star~crash~

The lucky peeps who got those free clones appreciated the hell out of them, Starcrash! You passed Mako, ECSD and Sour99 to me without ever meeting:tiphat: Such a mistake losing that haze! What a plant!

much love goes around!:ying:peace 2 u

i'm bringing the Mako Haze back into existence this spring...here R the seeds:biggrin:

Americangrower

Veteran
I paid $300 for a legit chemd cut like 5 yrs ago. Wasn't happy about being charged but I wanted it so I paid. The amount of runtime I got from her it was worth it. I passed her around a little for free or trade but was selective who I gave her to. I wish now that I was not as selective because I lost her and the few who got her aren't around anymore. Shame, she was a great plant.

Not sure how I feel about selling elites for big $. On the one hand if I really wanted something I'd pay for it to a limit, but selling cuts for $500 to strangers just seems wrong to me for some reason. I guess if it's real and people willing to pay then all's fair. I'm more used to just swapping with friends or giving to someone I know who I think is a cool person and I know it would make their day.

$500 for ChemD..ouch You should have just gone to Nugs n Jugs and got it for free from Chemdog himself
I can't remember how many cuts O, myself and every1 else gave away.

Scrappy-doo

Ah man if I'd only known!

Having to pay for her cost me a weeks pay but she was a pleasure to grow for 4 years and I'm happy I was able to share her with those I did. God that smell was incredible. What a great plant! Best chem I ever ran.

Ph-patrol

Veteran
Ah man if I'd only known!

Having to pay for her cost me a weeks pay but she was a pleasure to grow for 4 years and I'm happy I was able to share her with those I did. God that smell was incredible. What a great plant! Best chem I ever ran.

Do you still have Her scrappy?

Scrappy-doo

No I lost her in late 2015 when some fungus gnats got into my cloner. The mom was outside flowering by the time I realized. Took some new snips from her anyway but they didn't root. Such a dumb mistake.

~star~crash~

I'm so relieved :woohoo:to have found a grower for these Headband clones so they won't go to waste:biggrin: donating them gladly for free

Fish_n_Grow

I've used cloneguys out of RI before. I saw their ad on Craigslist and checked out their website. They carry a lot of great genetics. Their prices were more than I wanted to pay but I've been wanting chemdawg 91 since I first read about it in the early 2000's. With all the hype I've read about gg #4 ,I decided to get a couple of those too. I was a little sketched out meeting up, but they picked a populated spot during the daytime and everything went well. If your from Ma or Me you have to text them a photo ID before they will deal with you. Hopefully I will be meeting up again soon to get some gelato 33 and grape ape.

I have ran into someone who wasn't happy with their clones and teens (saying they were dying and stretched out) but the clones I bought were healthy.

~star~crash~

u should be wary .. one of the problems w/ dealing craigslist to find connections is scammers will set up a deal just 2 rob u in person...so i've been told

KONY

Veteran
u should be wary .. one of the problems w/ dealing craigslist to find connections is scammers will set up a deal just 2 rob u in person...so i've been told

I think you are confusing 2 different situations. One is someone goes to buy a car on craigslist with cash and someone tries to rip them off, or on that same sorta idea, someone tries to meet someone on craigslist to buy weight.

No body getting robbed over a small clone purchase.
Or rather the potential rewards far outweighs the minimal risk.

I would be most worried with getting pests, mold or getting a cutting that was labeled one thing and is something entirely else.

Last edited: