What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Terp Heavy Sativas

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hay guys,,

Just wondering if any of you guys can recommend some super tasty Sativas for me to try in the future,,,

Years ago ,,haze was very very tasty, Kali mist was beautifully peppery ,,lately my friends tell me that Sativas are a little bland in the Terp department

Any recommendations?

I'm looking at things like seedmans sugar haze,,, Cali o x haze from Sam,,,sk1 x haze from Sam,,Malawi,,punto rojo,, chimeras frankincense haze,,,maybe something from referman,,,

I don't think I spelled punto rojo right but hay ho,,ya get the point,,

I just want that wow factor,,,so when I put that weed in the joint the taste just blows my mind

Thanks guys

Morphote

Veteran
Chimera released a couple of Congo crosses that are unique in the terp department: African Jack (Congo x Jack Herrer) and Congo x Sweet Skunk. Might also want to look into his Simply Irresistable (Incense Haze x Sweet Skunk) and Hawaiian Spice (Kauai Electric x Sweet Skunk).

M.

Croissant

Definitely the e32 trainwreck cut. Its not my favorite strain but it has a very loud distinct smell, crazy crystal coverage and is very potent.

The right cut of jack herer also just very distinct smell and insane crystal coverage. Idk how to describe that cut but it is not my favorite jack. My favorite jack isn't as loud but like lemon lime.

The right cut of sourd, green crack,lemon skunk, and white widow also.

I just wanted to mention that I don't really personally enjoy any of these strains I mentioned so I don't really recommend them.. Besides some jack herer phenos and derivatives and lemon skunk.

Last edited:

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Chimera released a couple of Congo crosses that are unique in the terp department: African Jack (Congo x Jack Herrer) and Congo x Sweet Skunk. Might also want to look into his Simply Irresistable (Incense Haze x Sweet Skunk) and Hawaiian Spice (Kauai Electric x Sweet Skunk).

M.

Hmmm. Congo...what does the Congo taste like?

Defo like hawaiian lines..always loved hawaiian haze from Dutch flowers

Incense haze sounds good too

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've never tried a good lemon skunk. I always found it lacking in flavour

Train wreck is good. Always loved how it seemed to be hazy..never grown it tho..

Widow never seemed to be terp heavy. .but I bet some make the grade

Green crack always sounded good just never seen it. Cant imagine it being as loud as cheese tho. .

I always preferred jack flash over jack h...jack f had a sativa pheno that I'm still looking to find ..il look for that one in the future

growingcrazy

Paradise Nebula. Haze x WW

You can find Widow leaning pheno's that are peppery and the Haze A/C(whichever it was) which lean towards the SSH/Mango has flavors. I have a haze leaning pheno that is the stinkiest plant I have ever run.

I don't know much about Paradise, but I know those seeds produce terps.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No idea why they didn't advertise that it's haze x widow. ..that's a good selling point to me...sounds like El nino.

Only issue with old seedlings like that and sensi star is that they seem to have changed over the years. ..sensi star was super strong and very good in the Terps department. .then a few years back I heard it had turned to crap with the rest of the good old lines..ssh used to be amazing now it's nothing like it used to be because original parents have not been kept to keep the true aspects of the line alive. ..

Gutted about ssh...

Grojak

Mango Haze or Super Silver Haze will not disappoint. Serious Seeds Bubblegum is a sativa leaner with that bubblegum smell. Check out Snowhigh Seeds lineup sure a few of those will tempt ya.

Grojak

No idea why they didn't advertise that it's haze x widow. ..that's a good selling point to me...sounds like El nino.

Only issue with old seedlings like that and sensi star is that they seem to have changed over the years. ..sensi star was super strong and very good in the Terps department. .then a few years back I heard it had turned to crap with the rest of the good old lines..ssh used to be amazing now it's nothing like it used to be because original parents have not been kept to keep the true aspects of the line alive. ..

Gutted about ssh...

I've heard about the Paradise fire (fortunate enough to have that old school Sensi Star) and I hear rumors about a lot of breeders who "lost their parents" and are using different genetics to make the strains and thus their different. What I have never seen is someone with a old school sensi star pop new school sensi star and compare (I wont buy fem'd seeds so i wont be doing it).

Lets just stop that nonsense lol Lets say Sensi did lose the parents to Sensi Star are you telling me their not smart enough to pop some F1's and pheno hunt and put out some F2's or backcross F2's to that killer female from F1.... I mean certainly even if a whole warehouse was demolished they can get or have back ups of their seeds.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The problem is... no I don't think many people put the work in or are capable of even doing the work needed to fix traits in a way that would be a good representative of the original

When a seedline is good. It's because you have 2 good parents. The amount of work it would take to increase inbreeding coefficients is huge... polygeneric traits are responsible for terp profile. recombination is different with different parents. . Who knows where the alleles will end up. Without the original parents it's a 2.0 or 1.1...it's just not a 1.0 once the parents are lost..the nature of genetic recombination will lead to a loss of bio diversity. .. your fuking super lucky if you get anything like the original release .. think about Co dominant traits. ..it's a fuking mess once the parents are lost

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
Tangie is a good. Just ran 24k by DNA, and the sativa tangie leaning phenos were excellent. Terpenes are insane...hope this helps

OP

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I ran 24k too...didn't get any real sativa pheno's. ..but I bet them sativa ones are the best...

I believe tangie is cali o x haze... bet them haze throwback pheno's are tasty. ..Defo be thinking about that one.... how many thin skinny ones did you get...

I wonder if tangie itself has many sativa pheno's showing up... I seriously love the sound of cali o x haze... I'm in a half mind to start begging sam to re release his cali o x haze

Croissant

I just want to mention when someone says something like "I have the old school sensi star" cut we need to say s1 it! Now before its gone forever and share with the community. This needs to become a sort of part of the culture.

Also idk about nowadays but the old fruity juice strain was bomb as fuck.

Chimeres got a few sativa doms that are reported to be terps heavy. Ace and cannabiogen too. Mr green genes cherrybomb. Ledo uno. Reefermans accidental haze is his favorite. Warlock, Alegria, etc.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Man...that old sensi star that the damkrink used to sell was strong weed. .Terps were good too. But wow that shit rocked my head. Stronger than ssh and that was some fire power back in 2001..

True...anyone with old school beautiful plants should S1 that shit an spread the love..id love to grow that sensi star.. paradise seeds nailed that one back in the day... edd borg did some work on it.. I wonder what he's up to nowadays

Never really liked alegrea. .but them other ones sound sublime. ..Defo going to check reefermans best as I heard he was the king of unique flavours back in the day...

I gota deal with chims stuff first... I've got a feeling il fall in love with some of his gear

Wasn't it called juicy fruit then it got changed to fruity juice...that one did sound good

Warlock seems to be lost like sensi star and sage.. I don't think people had the knowledge a few years back to preserve there shit propely. ..Adam at thseeds only lately seems to understand the deal with selfing...gutted it took them so long to catch up

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
Good ole sensi star. Passed a lot of cuts of that to OG members back in the day around 03..Man, those were the good ole days..

Popped a pack of ten seeds and had 3 keepers. One very indica leaning, and 2 very skinny leafed tall sativa leaning ones with a massive yield on all 3. I kept all three phenos they were so good. I've never done that before, but had to this time due to the taste and yield.

OP

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
As far as terpene profile yes. I'm sure there's better strains out there that kick out some bad ass phenos, but as far as taste, this is the one. Orange strains are coming back for sure. Crockett/DNA nailed it with this one.

OP

neongreen

Veteran
Trainwreck would certainly be a good one if you can get some. Trainwreck S1 x Cali-o S1 is something I'd like to do one day.

I'm sure I read somewhere recently that GG#4 was a winner for its terps.

I'd also look at Dutch Flowers' strains:

Chocolate Trip (probably where GG#4 got it's terps from)
Blowfish - growing it now for the 4th time
Lemon Thai

Sideshow-Bob

Veteran
Destroyer - Cannabiogen

Shitload of citrus terps with a bit of rotten meat funk, mouthcoating long lasting flavour (on par with nyc d ;) ). Strong (!) high of exceptional quality.

picture.php

One of the best breeding jobs of our time, if you haven't tried this you're missing out :)