What's new

Blueberry X Blueberry

smilley

Veteran
Last year I bought myself a pack of Jordan Of The Islands BBs and a pack of BCBD BBs. I selected a very nice JOTI female and reversed it to produce feminized pollen and pollinated the nicest (in my opinion) BCBD female to produce a feminized Blueberry cross.

Here's a nice example of the results at Day F30.

picture.php

picture.php

This girl stopped stretching at 21 days from 12/12 flip so I'm hoping it'll finish fast. I have several pouches of the same feminized pollen I used to create her and I've gone ahead and back crossed this girl. I'll post a few more pics as she gets more mature and we'll see how much color she produces......

s

Genes

It certainly looks healthy and beautiful. Never had a DJ BB look even half as good. Hope the smoke is just as awesome.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Very nice work, smiley!

I had a BubbleBerry from Sag that was very similar in structure. I like that proportionally top-heavy cola profile.

:tiphat:

smilley

Veteran
Day F55

Thank you everybody for looking in and commenting. I haven't been on the Mag much and this is my first opportunity to update the post.

picture.php

Here's the backcross mother next to a larger sister growing under the same 360W conversion bulb. I chose not to pollinate the larger sister as she stretched for 5 weeks and started as a mutant producing the unusual 3 top structure. As these examples only vegged for 4 1/2 weeks I expect them to finish in 10 weeks, the larger one could probably go 11 weeks. I need the room for the next crop at 10 weeks, so, ready or not at 70 days it'll be chop/chop.

Below are a couple of cola close ups. Still no color. The JOTI reversed father produced lots of blue leaves and a nice blue shadow on the buds. The BCBD mother produced no blue leaves but the buds had a nice lavender hue to them and a fruity odour. Still a couple of weeks to develope some color. I have 5 Green Crack plants growing alongside the BBs and their odour overpowers everything in the grow room.

picture.php

picture.php

I have 4 larger BBs that are 1 week behind in flower but with a 5 1/2 week veg. I expect them to finish quicker, about 9 weeks. I'll post a few pics of them soon. I have 12 more of these BBs coming up for crop #2, 4 under the conversion bulb and 8 around the 600hps vertical set up. The next crop will get at least 6 weeks of veg.

smilley

Veteran
Day F69

Day F69

I harvested the BX1 seed mother today. She could have gone a few more days but I needed the space for the next crop. The other plant from the previous pic is finishing in my vertical 600 hps room. I was hoping for a 9 week flower period but it looks like closer to 11 weeks. Maybe the back cross will speed up the hybrid. The JOTI BB's finished in 8 - 9 weeks.

picture.php

picture.php

Anyway, I'm not totally disappointed. The buds are nice and resinous and they're fat and dense. I'll post some pics of some larger specimens as I harvest them over the next week.

smilley

Veteran
Got any pics of the JOTI BB? Was it a sativa pheno like this one? Love me a nice bb satty!

This is similar to the BCBD mother.
picture.php

This was a typical JOTI female.
picture.php

Both the JOTI and the BCBD BBs had good and bad features. The BCBDs leaned more sativaish than the JOTI and have a sweet smell and taste. The JOTIs have a lot more color but tend to be less flavorful and a little less potent than the BCBD.

smilley

Veteran
I'm really happy with the cross Bubs. The buds are fruity smelling and fruity tasting. They even put a little color on late in flower. I expect the back cross to have more color, we'll see. I've already collected 40 seeds from the back cross and expect to find a few more as I smoke through the first plant.

Day F75

Here's the other BB that I featured earlier and put next to my 600 vertical set up to finish.

picture.php

picture.php

smilley

Veteran
So, the BBs finish in 70 - 75 days. Not what I was hoping for but still ok. I'd really like a nine weeker but I'm happy with the the flavor and potency. I'd like a bit more bag appeal (color) and a shorter duration. The yields were pretty good. Around the 600hps with a 5 1/2 week veg they averaged 35g per plant. Considering I stopped feeding them at 7 weeks I'm quite happy. I've got 8 more around the 600 now a week into flower. They've had a full 6 week veg and were topped at the second node as seedlings. I'm hoping for 40g + this time around. We'll see.

smilley

Veteran
Second Crop

Second Crop

This crop consists of 12 BB fems. 4 under the 360 conversion bulb and 8 growing vertically around the 600hps.

360 Conversion Bulb
These 4 plants are at Day F49. I topped each of them early in veg at the 2nd node and again at the third nodes to produce 6 main branches or spears per plant. I vegged these plants for 32 days. I'm hoping for about 150g of dried "A" quality bud from this planting.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

smilley

Veteran
600 HPS

600 HPS

These 8 plants vegged for 42 days and are at Day F38. I topped these plants once at the 2nd node early in veg. Because of the extra veg time and extra light intensity, these plants are much larger than the other 4.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts