What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Seed Junky Genetics -- Anybody running this stuff?

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
Gelato 33 S1 from Seed Junky

picture.php
[/IMG]

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Popped SJ's WC x G33 seeds alongside some other strains (Bohdi, Chimera) ... they split in 12h, up in 24h, ahead of all others and carrying on so, real vigour, very healthy plants, super happy.

B

beanz

Looks nice, is she your only female?:tiphat:

Peace

I,m finding seed junkie gear to have alot of variation in them ...there are some nice plants to be found know doubt . but there all not winners . like any strain

I think when you see rooms of clones pumped out it gives you the idea there full of show stoppers ....when in fact there,s lots variation, in fact probably more than most strains . I have some plants at 6 feet while same strain the other sibling is 2 feet ....some bean poles others are chunky and fast .

I,ll be posting pics when there done

thats not a bad thing , I,m just pointing it out from a marketing point view , they did a very good Job with jungle boys showing of show stoppers ....they are in there though and mostly likely get couple nice plants per pack ....just some will be bellow ordinary from what I,m seeing so far .

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
I,m finding seed junkie gear to have alot of variation in them ...there are some nice plants to be found know doubt . but there all not winners . like any strain

I think when you see rooms of clones pumped out it gives you the idea there full of show stoppers ....when in fact there,s lots variation, in fact probably more than most strains . I have some plants at 6 feet while same strain the other sibling is 2 feet ....some bean poles others are chunky and fast .

I,ll be posting pics when there done

thats not a bad thing , I,m just pointing it out from a marketing point view , they did a very good Job with jungle boys showing of show stoppers ....they are in there though and mostly likely get couple nice plants per pack ....just some will be bellow ordinary from what I,m seeing so far .

After a bit of practical experience, I seriously have to wonder that some of the variation that we see (in many breeder packs not just SJG) is actually different males or reversed pollen contamination. It makes way more sense that pollen is chucked and accidentally lands on flowers in another space, than that plants are capable of such wild diversity.

Coughie

After a bit of practical experience, I seriously have to wonder that some of the variation that we see (in many breeder packs not just SJG) is actually different males or reversed pollen contamination. It makes way more sense that pollen is chucked and accidentally lands on flowers in another space, than that plants are capable of such wild diversity.

Firstly,
Hardly any breeders work their lines far enough to fix traits..

Secondly,

[youtubeif]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_1dTvszV4Y[/youtubeif]

Around 22 minutes in.. Although the first twenty minutes is solid knowledge for context.

Thirdly,
I picked up some Wedding Cake F2's for some projects I have in the works...

B

beanz

no the resemblance is there , i commented as I normally don,t see such a wide range of pheno,s in most seed packs . I wouldn't say stray pollen is the cause here ....lots diversity . I grow alot f2 so I,m used to seeing alot difference in genetics .
mind you its over a small field I,m noticing only 4 or so females of each strain ....not sure thats a good or bad thing .

I like the quality of some , others little less impressive . same with alot strains though.

I,ll update when I,m done with pics

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
no the resemblance is there , i commented as I normally don,t see such a wide range of pheno,s in most seed packs . I wouldn't say stray pollen is the cause here ....lots diversity . I grow alot f2 so I,m used to seeing alot difference in genetics .
mind you its over a small field I,m noticing only 4 or so females of each strain ....not sure thats a good or bad thing .

I like the quality of some , others little less impressive . same with alot strains though.

I,ll update when I,m done with pics

Nice. I was not implying that Seed Junky was a chucker, just that I understand now how difficult it is to work with multiple males at the same time. In House would be a great example of someone that puts out a stupid amount of crosses that use probably several dozen males and reversed females. He plays with lots of fire and some are misses, but I also found a couple of my best female keepers from a few of his fem lines. When I see wide variation now, it just has me thinking a little bit. Some lines, like Goji OG, have almost unlimited variability, so like some people said, you get random results with poly x poly.

As to SJG in general, there are many, many insane photos on IG that clearly speak for themselves. I actually like that you have to hunt for keepers, as that is part of the fun of growing new seeds anyway. I would have scooped a bunch of his packs, but I had already checked myself in seed-buying rehab (aka 10 Step Program to Not be a Seed Whore) before he made his recent comeback...

B

beanz

Nice. I was not implying that Seed Junky that was chucker, just that I understand now how difficult it is to work with multiple males at the same time. In House would be a great example of someone that puts out a stupid amount of crosses that use probably several dozen males. He plays with lots of fire and some are misses, but I also found a couple of my best female keepers from a few of his fem lines. When I see wide variation now, it just has me thinking a little bit. Some lines, like Goji OG, have almost unlimited variability, so like some people said, you get random results with poly x poly.

As to SJG in general, there are many, many insane photos on IG that clearly speak for themselves. I actually like that you have to hunt for keepers, as that is part of the fun of growing new seeds anyway. I would have scooped a bunch of his packs, but I had already checked myself in seed-buying rehab (aka 10 Step Program to Not be a Seed Whore) before he made his recent comeback...

I recently had approx 40 odd males , and around 100 females I was pollinating ....so I know exactly what you are saying .
I,ve seen your thread also .

the only pic I got on hand atm is the cola in front of the sativa ....wifi 43 x hi octane ...its a decent plant imo but the others are very small flowers and bean poles .
picture.php

Last edited:

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
I recently had approx 40 odd males , and around 100 females I was pollinating ....so I know exactly what you are saying .
I,ve seen your thread also .

the only pic I got on hand atm is the cola in front of the sativa ....wifi 43 x hi octane ...its a decent plant imo but the others are very small flowers and bean poles .
View Image

Mad respect bro! I am quite envious of you outdoor guys, as not many things make me more happy than to see a fucking giant cannabis plant.

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
Lovely looking flowers

When the times right can you let us know how she smokes please :tiphat:

Peace.

Well i smoked the gelato for 3 days so am starting to get a feel for it. Had to bag it often to draw the moisture out of the interior. Was spongy for quite awhile but now it's solid as a fucking rock and just as hard. No moisture at all. It still has it's great smell- Hashy, minty sweet with a hint of rotten meat roadkill. I can detect it's Durban Poison lineage. I was skeptical of some of the reviews on this strain that gave it 5 stars but now I'm starting to really appreciate it. Just my kind of smoke- great headkick-heavy-handed euphoria like they say. Very Potent- heavy body buzz also sets in after 15 minutes or so. Holding up my card- 9+ I plan to get the thc tested someday. The taste lasts while smoking, came out ultra smooth with only white ash. Fine wine with a tequila burst. My new favorite strain. Ticks every fucking box except one- a oz in a sandwich bag only fills it half way.:biggrin:

JWB

Here's a few pics of a Seed Junky Gelato 33 s1 I took down at 65 days. Very pungent plant..lol and really nice smoke. :)

Attachments

• G4.jpg
    G4.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 33
  • G1.jpg
    G1.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 31
  • G2.jpg
    G2.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 30
  • G3.jpg
    G3.jpg