What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
i had a great wed brother! hope you are having a great week as well
i hear you about spending quality time wiht just you and the mrs
even if its just a chill night at home, i think its good to just spend quality time together
even if you guys cant get out to a campground, go for a nice walk or watcha movie
as long as its jsut the two of you and you are btoh having fun its totally worth it
its nice we both like camping
everyone has thier own idea of camping,some people like having a few more comforts of home while other really like a more minimal experience in nature
but a night under the stars cant be beat and i think there is something very therapeutic about being outdoors
we are already planning our next trip and this one could be a really good one
we change the clocks this weekend and hopefully spring is in the air
have a great day my friend

Fiddynut

i had a great wed brother! hope you are having a great week as well
i hear you about spending quality time wiht just you and the mrs
even if its just a chill night at home, i think its good to just spend quality time together
even if you guys cant get out to a campground, go for a nice walk or watcha movie
as long as its jsut the two of you and you are btoh having fun its totally worth it
its nice we both like camping
everyone has thier own idea of camping,some people like having a few more comforts of home while other really like a more minimal experience in nature
but a night under the stars cant be beat and i think there is something very therapeutic about being outdoors
we are already planning our next trip and this one could be a really good one
we change the clocks this weekend and hopefully spring is in the air
have a great day my friend

Good afternoon pop_rocks.
This week is flying by and I'm looking forward to the weekend already brother! I hear you on quality time with the Mrs. My wife and I struggle with that because we work diffrent shifts and it can be hard to get time together. It really just means that we have to plan out when we can spend time and then just make it happen. She had a birthday a while back and we went out on a couple of "dates" which was nice. Im taking her to TOOL in June so we are both looking forward to that.
I'd say I love everything about camping except waking up wet or damp due to the rain or morning dew. I love being outside and even sleeping under the stars for sure. I love cooking and eating outside as well. And I absolutely can't wait for the weather to get nice so I can get the boat out and got on the water.
I can't believe that it's time to change the clocks again. I'm not a big fan of the change but I'll certainly enjoy it being light a bit later. Weather forcast is good weather this weekend so I'm looking forward to that for sure brother!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
yeah im not a fan of day light savings and dont like messing with the clocks either fiddy
but its a sign that means spring is on its way and im ready for the nice weather
sounds like you totally get the fun of camping
we brought a friend of mine on our last trip and i dont think he is really an outdoors type
he complained about the cold and stuff like that, but i was having the time of my lifei explained to him that i sit indoors all week and how rad it felt to be outside
i can hang out in a comfy chair at home anytime, but i dont get to be outside as much as i would like
i guess we all have our own idea of what camping is like and me and the mrs are on the same page about how we make do with less
thats great that you and the mrs can enjoy some good tiems together and hope you can find more fun things you can both enjoy
even if its something like taking the dog out for a walk or a fun night under the stars;its more about being with the better half and just enjoying the moments together

so on a more suckier note, the cat or something got to my clones!
i came home the other day to fund wilted plants and chewed tops
i snipped off the damaged sections, pretty much cutting my plants in half but i tihnk they will pull through
the cuts smelled so rank im hoping i can salvage something

hope everyone is having a great week and looking ahead to a great weekend

Sunshineinabag

Spring thx goodness

Spring thx goodness

Even the sundials thawed out.....looking across all ake Champlain at ny state

Attachments

• IMG_20200306_072749.jpg
    IMG_20200306_072749.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 8

Fiddynut

yeah im not a fan of day light savings and dont like messing with the clocks either fiddy
but its a sign that means spring is on its way and im ready for the nice weather
we brought a friend of mine on our last trip and i dont think he is really an outdoors type
he complained about the cold and stuff like that, but i was having the time of my lifei explained to him that i sit indoors all week and how rad it felt to be outside
i can hang out in a comfy chair at home anytime, but i dont get to be outside as much as i would like
i guess we all have our own idea of what camping is like and me and the mrs are on the same page about how we make do with less
thats great that you and the mrs can enjoy some good tiems together and hope you can find more fun things you can both enjoy
even if its something like taking the dog out for a walk or a fun night under the stars;its more about being with the better half and just enjoying the moments together

i snipped off the damaged sections, pretty much cutting my plants in half but i tihnk they will pull through

Good afternoon pop_rocks.
I don't like messing with the clocks either but I do like having the sun up later in the day and if I had my way I'd keep it on day light savings time all year. Up here I think it just works better. It's so depressing when it gets dark at 4:30pm here and I'd rather it be dark in the morning than early afternoon.
I defenatly get the fun of camping. I'd even consider sleeping in my back yard of the climate were conducive.
That's too bad that your buddy wasn't as happy in the great outdoors as you and your Mrs was. I hope he didn't complain too much and bring you down.
It's good that you and your Mrs are on the same page and can enjoy making due with less.
The wife and I too Eggo to the dog park a while back and had such a nice time that we decided to do it at least once a week together when the weather permits. Not only is it good for the dog and gives us a chance to spend time together but we also end up socializing with other dog owners which is nice.
I'm sorry to hear about your clones being damaged. Man that sucks! I think I've cut my mom plants almost in half in the past and they were fine. But they did take a bit of time before they started growing again. I hope your plants are going to be ok!
Do you have anything fun planned for this weekend?
Any good meals in the works?
I hope your week is finishing strong and you have a great weekend brother!

packerfan79

Veteran

Man pop Rocks,

That sucks about the cat. I got a car that is very interested in my plants. I have been successful in keeping her away. I am starting to flush tonight. 2 weeks to go. I can't freaking wait to blaze my own. It's been almost a year since I was able to finish a crop.

If the clones don't make it I got you. I need to up pot the ones I have now. I really like how this strain grows. I am contemplating a sea of green run with her.

Sunshineinabag

Its been oddly taking a year off from time to time and not freezing over, which is polar opp of how it was in my youth. I am so happy to not have to breathe in cold cold air ....a few months break was long overdue

packerfan79

Veteran
Its been oddly taking a year off from time to time and not freezing over, which is polar opp of how it was in my youth. I am so happy to not have to breathe in cold cold air ....a few months break was long overdue

It really wasn't a year off. It was 1 crop with PM at 3 weeks, one crop cloned and then killed when the neighbor burned down his dad's house, and put us in a hotel for 3 weeks. And then I kinda fucked up some shit with the wife , and she took it out on the 6 week into flower crop. I did have a couple breaks but was still trying. It's totally out of character for me. I have never lost a crop, before 2019. New year , new crop, new strain.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
thanks p'man! its good to know oyu got my back brother
i remember the stadium grown you used to run with man and those were some sweet plants
i know how it feel when you lose a crop and you just have to roll with it sometimes, but nothing beats your own home grown
i am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best so we will see how the plants recover

freaking-a sunshine!
love the pic man
that loosk like a nice view and whats the things all lit up in the water?
is that the lake champlain that has "champ" in it?
hope things are getting brighter for you and the days are starting to warm up
do you do much outdoor growing up that end
/are you from vermont; where did you grow up

me and the mrs have camped in the back yard before fiddy
we used to rolled out the sleeping bags and just slept on the grass outside on nice summer nights
its a lot of fun and just something different to do
i know what you mean about how the dark can get you down and its nice that we are getting to the nicer part of the year
i enjoy all the seasons but there is something especially nice about spring time in so cal
this is the weeeknd the mrs is taking her test
we have saturday free so we will go for a nice hike and then out to eat
she got some bogo coupons for a place called rubios; its a fish taco joint
we dont go there that much ebcause there are better places to get fish tacos here but when you can get a two for one deal it makes it totally worth it
im not too sure what we will eat on sunday because thats the day the mrs is taking her certification test, but if nothign else we can always get a couple pizzas or take out
thats a great idea taking ego for walks with the mrs
sometimes the best moments are just simple things
give ego a big hug and scratch behind the ear for me when you get a chance!
i hope you have a great night my friend!

Badfishy1

Just a quick stroll through the jungle. Hope everyone is doing well. Be good kiddos. If you can’t be good, be good at it. Stay safe <3

Fiddynut

Greetings friends and happy Monday.

I hope everyone had a great weekend and are happy and healthy.
Even though Monday's can be tough I guess those of us with jobs should be happy to be employed. That said loosing an hour over the weekend made my morning routine that much harder and I barely got to work on time today.
On a positive note it was absolutely beautiful here yesterday. It was unseasonably warm at 60 degrees and sunny. The wind was strong but the sun felt so good. I was able to take the dog to a local park for a walk and get a game of disc golf in which felt great. Let's hope that spring is here early and to stay this year!

@Packerfan. Yep I've heard that cats can be very bad for grows. I'm glad that the wife and I are dog people and none of my dogs seem to care about the plants.
I love to hear how close you are to a finished grow brother! You've had such bad luck but that can't last forever and you time is almost here.

@Sunshineinabag. The only lake near me that dosent freeze every year is Lake Michigan. Even in a mild winter like we had this year everything else freezes for at least a few weeks. I guess the ice fishermen need their time to do what they love as well.

@pop_rocks. How was your weekend brother? When I was a kid, probably early teens I did some "back yard" camping with friends. We could get away with staying up late, getting high and drinking, and then sneaking out of the yard and off to other friends houses. That was fun untill one of my friends decided to break into the neighbors house to steel their booze. The other neighbor saw all the activitie and called the cops and we got busted. Needless to say my family wasn't very popular in the neighborhood after that.
Spring always feels nice but in reality around here it's usually cool and wet untill sometime in May. It still feels great to have a day like we had yesterday. But today we are getting a bunch of rain so not a good start as far as getting the mountain bike trails open.
I hope your Mrs does great on her test this weekend! I will be thinking of the two of you. It sounds like she has been working hard at studying for it and I'm sure she will do great. You have a great idea to keep it simple with some pizza or take out. It's always nice to get through a big test and once it's over you can take a deep breath and say you've done all you can!
I will give Eggo a hug and pet for you and I hope your week is off to a great start!

@Badfishy. It's good to hear from you brother! I hope all is well with you and your family.

Sunshineinabag

texaco beach

texaco beach

thanks p'man! its good to know oyu got my back brother
i remember the stadium grown you used to run with man and those were some sweet plants
i know how it feel when you lose a crop and you just have to roll with it sometimes, but nothing beats your own home grown
i am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best so we will see how the plants recover

freaking-a sunshine!
love the pic man
that loosk like a nice view and whats the things all lit up in the water?
is that the lake champlain that has "champ" in it?
hope things are getting brighter for you and the days are starting to warm up
do you do much outdoor growing up that end
/are you from vermont; where did you grow up

me and the mrs have camped in the back yard before fiddy
we used to rolled out the sleeping bags and just slept on the grass outside on nice summer nights
its a lot of fun and just something different to do
i know what you mean about how the dark can get you down and its nice that we are getting to the nicer part of the year
i enjoy all the seasons but there is something especially nice about spring time in so cal
this is the weeeknd the mrs is taking her test
we have saturday free so we will go for a nice hike and then out to eat
she got some bogo coupons for a place called rubios; its a fish taco joint
we dont go there that much ebcause there are better places to get fish tacos here but when you can get a two for one deal it makes it totally worth it
im not too sure what we will eat on sunday because thats the day the mrs is taking her certification test, but if nothign else we can always get a couple pizzas or take out
thats a great idea taking ego for walks with the mrs
sometimes the best moments are just simple things
give ego a big hug and scratch behind the ear for me when you get a chance!
i hope you have a great night my friend!

ill get ya some more tomarrow ...that's a pumping station for old heating oil tankers that used to come up lake champlian.....they use the railway and cars now but that old pump station is a great reminder of our lakes history during the industrial revolution. Its reall gorgeous up here ive just lived here all my life and forget how nice it really is.

i hope you enjoy
https://youtu.be/DFi9kmulL_o

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
happening fellas!
hope everyone had a great weekend and you are all enjoying the extra hour of daylight

thanks for the well wishes fiddy!
saturday was a nice chill day and sunday we went for a nice hike early in the day to get the blood flowing and the mind alert
i was so worried that she would have difficulties and i wanted to do everything i could to help her start her day off right
but she passed her exam and we ended up having a fun time the rest of teh day
this is just the first one and she is taking a week or so off before starting the next course
hope you are enjoying the first unofficial day of spring time,(i think the official first day is later in the month)

thats a cool video of the area sunshine'
looks like some nice coast line with some nice forest surrounding it
i guess we all take our surroundings for granted from time to time and need to be reminded how nice things are
about how far off shore is that station? do people swim in the lake during the summer?
fiddy was getting into surfing a while ago, do yuo guys ever get any waves?
thanks for sharing your little piece of paradise brother!

hope everything is going well in the garden p'fan
im not a big fan of this time change bs, but its out of the way now and we just have to get used to it
hopefully we are getting past the colder months and it will start to feel like spring time here soon

my man fish!
glad to see you posting up brother! we missed you aroudn here
do you have anythign goign int he garden this year? how are they biting down your end?

so we got a reservation at a new camp site for this weekend
its a place called vallecito, at the edge of the anza borega desert
this spot used to be a stage stop back in the olden days and they still have a couple historic buildings onsite
plus their is a settlers grave yard complete with local lore of ghosts!
its just going to be me and the mrs this trip so we are we are bringing as little as possible
its goign to be so much fun; just me the mrs and the desert

Sunshineinabag

Where eagles dare

Where eagles dare

howdy gents...heres some eye candy...yes thats a perch in its talons,

Attachments

• 89366966_10216555011057497_527349317397118976_o.jpg
    89366966_10216555011057497_527349317397118976_o.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 89603553_10216555010297478_64079103875088384_o.jpg
    89603553_10216555010297478_64079103875088384_o.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 89722028_10216555012457532_437466281935896576_o.jpg
    89722028_10216555012457532_437466281935896576_o.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 89719084_10216555013737564_4988324344997347328_o.jpg
    89719084_10216555013737564_4988324344997347328_o.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 9

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.

It's good to see some of you who we don't often hear from posting, even just to say hi!

@Sunshineinabag. I will have to check out the YouTube vids on my phone because my iPad that I use is so old and decrepit that it won't even open my YouTube app. It says I need to update and when I go and update it says my operating system is too old to update apps. I should be able to stream it from my phone to my tv.
I love the photos of that eagle! The lake in northern Wisconsin that I went to all my life has a breeding pair of eagles and it's so nice to see those beautiful birds. From as early as I can remember we've been watching them on have and care for their young every 2 years. Even the juvenile ones are huge when they get up close or fly over you. Those are great pics man!

@pop_rocks. Whoops I thought the exam was this Sunday, my bad. I'm glad to hear that it went well and that must be a load off her mind. That's cool that y'all got a nice hike in and had a nice weekend!
You are living the good life brother with the camping trips! I will have to google that place you are going. It sounds great with some old historic buildings. I love that kind of stuff!
Have a great time brother!