What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Round Infinity

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm under the impression that the clone-variety flo I am accustomed to here in CO is the Temple line that later became "flodica" the indica leaning side of flo genetic line.

not sure exactly which one mt.trogger used in the "trogger" crosses, but im willing to bet it's the same Colorado clone variety, Temple/Flodica (i originally got it via some older growers in leadville area).

I've always wondered about how people fared with packs of flo seeds (especially from different sources), and wondered how many seeds/packs were popped to come up with these keeper phenos that are widely spread and pretty easily available in CO... i'm guessing someone did a bit of hunting at some point.

I've also been told that DJ lines tend to be dominant in crosses made with them, and this has been my experience in growing Flo Crosses; Flo x Grimm Reaper, Flo x white ogk, Flo x Drizella, Rare Dankness Flo OG, now these Trogger lines. Personally I think the flavor of Bubba Kush (and therefore the RD Ox) really goes well with Flo, and the dense narcotic stone of BK/OX can only help Flo lines imo.
Kief- will be interesting to see how that flo x ( Ohaze x skunk1 ) will turn out, looks like the trogger in that it has more space inbetween nodes (round buds starting out widely spaced) than the flo's im used to (a line of budsites trailing up the stalks.) curious how the flavor will turn out, you say it's already smelling flo-y, that's a very good thing imo. :D

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
duno, bud... that's on you :D

welcome to the party
:party:

forgot to mention that i've put a pollinated female in the tents, it's a juicy fruit that was gangbanged by one Gorilla Glue x Blue Ox and one gorilla glue #4 x fire cookies
really pissed i had to kill those 2 males to protect the females in the house... i wish i coulda held them a few more days till i could make up a breeding chamber for them. (breeding chamber will be finished today, plants were cut beginning of this week when female budsites began to show in the tents. just had to err on the side of caution.

did some one say:party:
looking nice.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sup bug! thanks for stopping in!

that pollinated female that I put in the flowering tent is FULL of seeds from top to bottom, should be a small bounty of seeds from that, looking forward to making more.
the breeding chamber i built out is having a hard time holding temperature... gonna have to put that venture off temporarily, don't have a male ready to use anyhow... just plenty of ladies.

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
Will you need an AC this summer? This elevation is 5800 ft. but the neighbor lost the whole run this summer because the basement got to hot and fried all the plants. I have to grow outdoors in the summer because my basement also gets too hot.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Will you need an AC this summer? This elevation is 5800 ft. but the neighbor lost the whole run this summer because the basement got to hot and fried all the plants. I have to grow outdoors in the summer because my basement also gets too hot.

not sure if i will need ac or not,
in the past i have ran lights at nite time and used cool air intake and lots of exhaust to regulate temperature in indoor summer grows.

mtntrogger

Veteran
I'm under the impression that the clone-variety flo I am accustomed to here in CO is the Temple line that later became "flodica" the indica leaning side of flo genetic line.

not sure exactly which one mt.trogger used in the "trogger" crosses, but im willing to bet it's the same Colorado clone variety, Temple/Flodica (i originally got it via some older growers in leadville area).

I've always wondered about how people fared with packs of flo seeds (especially from different sources), and wondered how many seeds/packs were popped to come up with these keeper phenos that are widely spread and pretty easily available in CO... i'm guessing someone did a bit of hunting at some point.

I've also been told that DJ lines tend to be dominant in crosses made with them, and this has been my experience in growing Flo Crosses; Flo x Grimm Reaper, Flo x white ogk, Flo x Drizella, Rare Dankness Flo OG, now these Trogger lines. Personally I think the flavor of Bubba Kush (and therefore the RD Ox) really goes well with Flo, and the dense narcotic stone of BK/OX can only help Flo lines imo.
Kief- will be interesting to see how that flo x ( Ohaze x skunk1 ) will turn out, looks like the trogger in that it has more space inbetween nodes (round buds starting out widely spaced) than the flo's im used to (a line of budsites trailing up the stalks.) curious how the flavor will turn out, you say it's already smelling flo-y, that's a very good thing imo. :D
Yeah man . So from what I know about the Flo I used and grew for 5 years. It was from a DJ breeder pack originally. My good friend whom moved from up here in the mountains down to the Denver area to pursue larger scale growing passed me the clone. It came to him from (possibly through another friend) a guy named "Coach" who was growing this cut (from seed) in the Fort Collins area. There are tons of people who have different cuts of DJ FLO around here. I personally have seen at least 6 (likely more) different phenos, all pretty similar. The one I had was absolutely special. Incredible floral aroma, very complex nose, Buds always purpled up during ripening, with other fall colors present on different stages of foliage. The only issue I had, after years of growing her, is when she became stressed during flower she would throw a few late stage nanners, by few I mean like 2, really hard to find. I only ended up with like 10 seeds total in 5 years of growing her. But I do have probably 6 or 7 of those s1's left. I grew a few out, really similar to the original, just lacked a bit of the mothers charm. My Flo x F13 cross was similar, just missing something, lots of flavor and aroma but still lacking. BUT the Trogger crosses (especially the bx to the mom "bx1") Killed it ! Super similar traits to the Flo mom. But with a bit more density and a certain "perfume" note that the OX has (from the Katsu cut for sure) Hope this helps hommies

mtntrogger

Veteran
The Trogger bx1 is also stronger than the original Flo, My Flo definitely was Indica leaning , but not super narcotic. Relaxing , but motivational. Not a crusher or a panic inducer. Nice daytime buzz. The Trogger must be more cbd rich, judging by its buzz.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks for the info trogger, i think all the growers in Colorado are a little bit lucky that so many decent (worth growing) flo phenos easily available...
i certainly feel blessed to have had her in my stable, now blessed to be growing these great crosses made with her!
:wahey: :dance: :wahey:

nearly every seed is above ground today, prepping to transplant them all into cups, perhaps a few into 1 gallon pots.
also ordered a bunch of worms today from uncle jims...

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran
that a local co outfit? I could use a few handfulls of worms myself...
know a decent joint near the metro I can grab some this time of year?
I had reserved to waiting till spring....

EDIT:Answered my own question
http://www.abccomposting.com/

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
Hey SeafOur: I bought some red wigglers (composting worms) at Walmart about this time of year. That was several years ago but the Walmarts might have them this time of year again.

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran
well, place I listed is a worm farm NE side of town, list 30$ lbs shipped, but they got a phone number and I can skip shipping by just arranging a deal in person, which is how I prefer to do business in the first place.

I really dont care for walmart... avoid it when I can... but they put half the town out of business everywhere you go, so sometimes you've got no other option. Might be cheap, but you pay for it in shitty attitudes on extremely lazy employees...

HatchBrew

Veteran
bought 5gallon bucket of castings and 2 pounds worms from local guy. $45 total.
Got bin bin up and running again. get free produce from grocery that they would otherwise throw away

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
my local worm guy starts back up in march, and really specializes in castings. when asked in the past he suggested shipping worms - uncle jim is big net based place, today i got 2000 red wigglers (2 lb) and 100 red euro night crawlers for 52$ shipping included, not bad, they were having a sale.

planning on just adding these worms to my big pots in veg (7 now, 1 plant each) which will also be top-coated with ewc, compost and various amendments. hopefully they will directly help the plants where i need it most (large containers) better than if i cultivated a farm specifically for castings; since im using recycled soil there still are plenty of dead roots from previous cannabis grows to additionally feed worms that are right in the grow containers.

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
uncle jims is in PA i've always had good luck with them.

coot has recommended northwest redworms out of washington if you're on the west coast.

i know you guys are int he middle but i thought i'd share anyway :biggrin:

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
during the spring-summer there is several worm farms oround here,i bought a lb of red worms earler this year
about 3 weeks later i cought ,picked or waht have U about 3 lbs of worms in my own yard..

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran
...they will directly help the plants where i need it most (large containers) better than if i cultivated a farm specifically for castings; since im using recycled soil there still are plenty of dead roots from previous cannabis grows to additionally feed worms that are right in the grow containers.

thats what I want em for... plus I know I have some hydrophobic spots in one or two of my 20 gallon pots, and they'll help that as well.

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
planning on just adding these worms to my big pots in veg (7 now, 1 plant each) which will also be top-coated with ewc, compost and various amendments. hopefully they will directly help the plants where i need it most (large containers) better than if i cultivated a farm specifically for castings; since im using recycled soil there still are plenty of dead roots from previous cannabis grows to additionally feed worms that are right in the grow containers.

dat right durr. ;) If we are looking at natures template then we might as well replicate it as smoothly as possible. :tiphat:

G

dat right durr. ;) If we are looking at natures template then we might as well replicate it as smoothly as possible. :tiphat:

I've been running a small recycle/compost/worm bin for the last several years and almost always have some stowaways along for the ride it seems. I've sometimes wanted to ask if anyone else does the same but figured I'd get a response like "are you f'n crazy?, they'll eat your roots up" or something of the sort. Kinda seemed like a good idea to me and I haven't seen a problem. I just put em back in the bin along with the used soil and they do there thing all over again.

Last edited:

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
I've been running a small recycle/compost/worm bin for the last several years and almost always have some stowaways along for the ride it seems. I've sometimes wanted to ask if anyone else does the same but figured I'd get a response like "are you f'n crazy?, they'll eat your roots up" or something of the sort. Kinda seemed like a good idea to me and I haven't seen a problem. I just put em back in the bin along with the used soil and they do there thing all over again.

Big ups for the worm wranglers. :) I do have a separate worm bin going, but that is for certain kitchens scraps, bunny poo, and to dip into on occasion.

I have had even big night crawlers in containers as small as 5 gal for many months. Fed them like pets. They get some yummy pureed banana peels on the weekly. I'd bury it in a new location every week. ...

on the misty morn i'd find the precious trails of worm castings in piles on the surface. :D

You might be crazy. I'm only qualified to evaluate that if you are in fact crazy. :jump:

I have mostly red wrigglers in the soil it seems. Haven't spotted any signs of big wyrms for a while.

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
I received some Flo X Sourbubble bxiIV that i'm thinking about germinating sometime this spring. Seemed like something you'd like too. :)