What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Why seperate women?

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
u know this thread is in the womans forum ? just sayin...:)

most of those step dads dont really want the kids tho and lots of girls pick up guys just so they can get stuff for their kids much easier to find financial/job security vs love n stuff. :joint:

Being someone who had 2 horrid stepdads (or one legal and one de-facto) I would love to agree with you, but I can't. My brother has a son who the result of a 2 night stand with someone he worked with.(amusingly, this was while broken up with a older woman, who he went back to and she never knew about the kid for the following 2 years) My nephew's Mum is a lovely lass, they still get along great. She moved on, got married, and her husband is brilliant, he doesn't treat my nephew differently to his half bro, they both call him Dad( my bro is cool with that, can't say I would be), and the half bro calls him dad too. My nephew says "Dad at my house" or "Dad at Dad's house", or calls them "Bill-Dad" or "Ben-Dad" (names changed to protect the innocent).
I know lots of men who are raising other men's kids, some with involvement of the bio-dad, some not, and most of them love these kids dearly. There are always problems in families, and step- relationships can be tough, but so can biological ties.
My paternal Granddad died when my dad was 12, the man I knew as Granddad was my Dad's stepdad, and he was much more of a Grandfather to me, than my biological maternal Granddad, plus he wasn't a mad old racist, which was nice. He and my Dad butted heads when my Dad was in his teens, but my Uncle and Aunt got along fine with him.
My friend gt divorced recently, his ex had a toddler and was pregnant when they got together, the bio-dad was long gone. He has raised these kids, given them everything, lobed them like his own, and is even now, continuing to pay for the kids, and has no intention of ever not being their Dad while ever they want him.

There is good and bad everywhere, to say that most stepdads don't want the kids is daft. My Mum just happened to pick a couple of pricks. There is no shortage of selfish pricks.

Selfish pricks, here is the point when I weave a little golden thread of on topic into my post.;)
Selfish pricks are another reason for the existence of a ladies forum. Now was that smooth on-topic addition, or what:biggrin:

I would also like to add, that in my previous post, I said the forum was a safe space for ladies to talk about lady things. that was stupid. It is a safe space for the ladies to talk about whatever.

Last edited:

fabvariousk

Veteran
I don't know how any women have time to come on here. Shouldn't they be making a delicious meal for a man?

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
I don't know how any women have time to come on here. Shouldn't they be making a delicious meal for a man?

Oh no you didn't.......

I'm all for humorous post modern ironic sexism(That's my line and I'm sticking with it), but not in the ladies forum..... bad form sir , bad form.

:biggrin:

Sativa Dragon

Veteran
I am gonna take my raging boner to the Internet, where I can satisfy it's angry demeanor then I shall return to Icmag for more civil discussion.

Peace

supermanlives

Veteran
I have done all the cooking in all my relationships. I hate well done meat. and if I cook the food I aint got nobody to complain to. makes life easier for me and my ladies. I do however allow baking as I suck at cookies,cakes and such. peace

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
I have done all the cooking in all my relationships. I hate well done meat. and if I cook the food I aint got nobody to complain to. makes life easier for me and my ladies. I do however allow baking as I suck at cookies,cakes and such. peace

Sometimes I cook, sometimes they cook (by they, I mean the various women, I don't have a Harem, or indeed a steady partner), sometimes we eat out, sometimes we get a takeaway.

Last edited:

Sativa Dragon

Veteran
I am with you on the meat, medium rare is the most I cook my meat to. Baking is easy when it comes to cookies and shit, you just need the tools.

I spent a better part of 10 years unmarried after a Marriage abortion, I learned to cook after I got sick of tv dinners and fast food.

My Staples:

Red Meat, I have a grinder and a slicer and a vacuum packer a smoker and one gas bbq and a charcoal bbq.

Chili all different kinds.

Soup, made with marrow bones, mostly beef, sometimes a chicken carcass.

Any Small game can end up in my kitchen, I am a fully licensed Hunter.

Bear, Deer, Moose, Partridge, Wild Turkey, Domestic Cow.

All on my Game list.

Peace

fabvariousk

Veteran
Sorry ladies.
You know I kid, cuz I love.
FWIW I had a much funnier but much ruder one I opted not to post.
That has to be worth something :)

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's funny how threads can go in different directions!! lol it's seems to have morphed into a cooking thread....my hubby always kids me about women can't bbq, it's in a mans dna hahah

We are all different and have different life experiences, we need to embrace those differences and love each other.
Peace and puffs

MJBadger

Veteran
Plus a lot of ladies are awesome growers :

I have been on quite a few sites & know quite a few female growers so I will say that the above statement is the full truth . Keep it sweet & safe ladies .

Sativa Dragon

Veteran
Another night another steak, and another raging boner to tend to. ;)

Peace and love to all the like minded ladies here MUAH!!

Peace

supermanlives

Veteran
It's funny how threads can go in different directions!! lol it's seems to have morphed into a cooking thread....my hubby always kids me about women can't bbq, it's in a mans dna hahah

We are all different and have different life experiences, we need to embrace those differences and love each other.
Peace and puffs

hey cooking is cool. better than how the thread was getting sidetracked. always wondered how side tracked threads ended in the ladies section yall must pm the freaky stuff. lol. I done a lot of time in commercial kitchens when younger, I wont stop a lady from cooking me a meal but one well done piece of meat and there is no repeat.i have found most women don't ever complain if ya do the cooking . I cant remember ever a woman demanding to cook for me.but I aint been getting freaky with Martha stewart types either

1TWISTEDTRUCKER

Veteran
My Wife of 26Yrs is a good cook, generaly, but she cooks to eat.

I am The better overall cook.
I can NOT cook just cause We gotta eat, but when I feel like cooking,,, well I just start to go through the pantry and good things start happening.

My Wife loves it, and I love cooking for Her.
For that matter,,, it gives Me GR8 joy to see Folks put food I cooked in
Their mouth's, and see the smile ya get when its GOOD.

The best part is sitting down together at the dinner table to share the meal.

Peace & LoVe;1TT

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
I cannot believe this lame thread is four pages long. If you're a female, and you don't want to be in the Women's Forum, don't. And if you want to be in any other forum on ICMAG, what/who's stopping you?