What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

open source breeding /legalization DAY GIVEAWAY

clearheaded

anyone into getting some free beans? would be cool to send out few dozen packs to folks to grow out. we then select best male and female as a group and then send pollen(s) to best female(s). may be a little tuff to co ordinate but think would be a great way to do things. few hundred plant sift perhaps 3 times and may end up with a nice little "legalized it" cultivar lol.

there is other ways to go about it ie find best males and share and just determine what would be a good "f1".
but idea is basically to use a mass of people to select and not just "test". So open to ideas.

Last edited:

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Would be interesting to see how something of this nature would turn out.

I think this idea has come up in the past and basically fizzled out or got moved out of sight.

Gmack

Sounds cool but don't use ic messages to set this up. Buying selling trading is all aginst tos. Don't get banned. Exchange email addresses only via pm them discuss the details of your trades there. But post the results of the grows here lol.

PARADOX

I set up a group on FB(private) called "The Great Canadian Pheno Hunters" Same idea.. Share seeds within the group. Hunt for keeper male and female phenos.. Share said pheno hunting within the group. It works out well .

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
be cool if we saw some trading boards on the forums for cuts in canada now. i didn't have any cannabis growing friends, so had to spend 1000 on seeds and having so many phenos makes it hard to do side by sides and learn. Don't care anymore I suppose, Ive got the seeds and the moms from them lol. but looking back, it wasn't that easy, future generations will have it easier.

I set up a group on FB(private) called "The Great Canadian Pheno Hunters" Same idea.. Share seeds within the group. Hunt for keeper male and female phenos.. Share said pheno hunting within the group. It works out well .

Brand new here but I would be interested in that.

clearheaded

hmm well no trading but could giveaway ya? dont think they speak canuck so doesnt matter, maybe? anyway id be happy to toss out beans for it, but cant think what might be good. and again happy to hear ideas even if organize and then have to use different site thats fine.

i imagine autos would be easiest to get most folks but doubt really worth it. search through an f1 hybrid? ie ssh x black domina.

other ideas would inlclude cbd var. have to pass out koh and everclear to do a beam test is only issue. but not huge deal. or 2 samples worth sent to someone to do beams. but another layer which would make it harder to actually do.

has to be something folks want to grow aswell so feedback on what types of var you would like. or better yet, what traits do you want to see? sweet citrus fuel? long trichs, type of effects?would have to be very general uppy, moderate or downy.

Nobody take pollen from Rider420
He will take the powdery mildew from his palms and armpits and mix it into the pollen, infecting your precious girls on contact.