What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

bud shots...

G

Nice pics Doc!
I will be starting some angeldust soon, I have had a foul up with the mail. :(

I was screwing off and tried this.
5334closeup3.JPG

I put a jewlers loop over my camera lens with my macro on.
I think I am going to tape it on and try and dial it in.

KingRalph

loupe! hehe jk Legit, great makeshift macro, the loupe right on the lens is a good fix.

second pic looks more natural growdoc. i thoroughly enjoyed your bubbledust nugshots, they were clear n gorgeous without a doubt, so you've definitely got some method down workin for ya well :canabis:

messing with features is even better than a manual! :) i find a flash just right can fix the hps glow n even get a decent background. some of your last bubbledust nugshots had this same glow. but sunny n southern have great advice to go with stellar pics, follow their impeccable budshots!

a tripod would've made this shot 10x better, a must for macros

Growdoc

Cannabis Helper
Veteran
Thanks for the good adivce LegitUser and KingRalph...

I will keep on trying... i hate the glow

Growdoc

G

heres mine

heres mine

ok here is a kali bud i took .. wished i could take pics like my brother southern .. he can take some pics,, :wave:

G

GD, so glad your finding the right filters, whew!! Almost had to buy you a new camera :redface: Don't forget digital zoom and micro settings and your set except for all the practice.

G

Try photo'ing in very low light using an L.E.D. flashlight to illuminate the subject....

Some really nice shots in this thread BTW...

G

great pic there growdoc
the more pics you take the better you become or so i'm told
:wave:

G

You've done it GD. That's a fine photograph. I'll be looking foward to seeing more from you.

kov

Polskaaa, bialo-czerwonaaa
^^^Well Growdoc, in my humble opinion you really got your skill tuned in. Great work!

Now, with that last nice pic, I would like to think about how to improve it by creating a nice surrounding and background

We don't want to see these ugly straps of twisted foil in the background, do we?

There's an infinite field for experimenting with different colors, textures on a sheet of paper or some fabric that you will put behind that beautiful bud, in order to let it really shine.

You will quickly learn what colour compositions will suit your bud best.

What do you think? It's worth a try!

Edit: sorry to post my pic in your thread as an example of what I am saying. Also, by no means do I think my pic is great or anything. I just want to illustrate the importance of background.

rgds, kov
4497Orig_flo_45d_flo_11_04_05.jpg

Last edited:

Growdoc

Cannabis Helper
Veteran
Thank you Kov... sound advice... maybe i find some cool cloth!

Pieturänni, cool pic... what kinda camera?

Jah-Jah, peace and love...

GrowDoc

Growdoc

Cannabis Helper
Veteran
Night shots...

Night shots...

Took some pics at lights out... hope you enjoy them.

Above pics are Mummia, 13 days into flowering...

Above pics are BubbleDust at 44 days flowering...

GrowDoc