What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

METAL!!!!

soulfly22583

Trust me.. I'm A Professional..
Veteran
"Lie naked on the floor... let the messiah go all through your soul!!!"

Suite Pee - System Of A Down!

thatguy

"My girlfriend, you know, she lashes out at me sometimes, so I just fuckin' kick her, and ooooohhhh baby....it's OK!!!!"

Sugar!!!! SOAD

BTW- ARISE!!! is a link to the vid!

buckeye-leaf

cannabis enthusiast
Veteran
were takin over this town http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lv-XYTIfP8
dimesig4pq1mv.gif

Last edited:

soulfly22583

Veteran
so what has been everyone's favorite metal show they have been to?

I personally loved watching slipknot blow the power 3x at their first san diego show, or watching slayer and pantera on the same stage, hell getting to meet max cavalera 15 minutes before he walked on stage and RIPPED through an 90 minute set!.

All of these were great memories for sure, but my absolute favorite memory of a metal show I have had so far came from watching Moonspell, Cradle of Filth, and Type O Negative play at the Warfield in San francisco. Watching Moonspell was a trip, they were actually the heaviest band of the night by far!. This was my first experience with COF and very much an amazing night to say the least! They had a good 75% of their stage show/ carnival of the damned with them for this tour! This was also my first time seeing TON in a live venue. I remember being amazed at how Peter Steele drank, and drank, and drank and still sung the songs perfectly (made me question his sobriety during recording...).

Ive seen tons of great shows but that one just stands out (especially after watching COF take a 1 hour + delay of their set!) in my memory more than most. Im sure the company I had with me and the ensuing weekend had a lot to do with it but for what it was - that show as fucking amazing!

MYSTICK KREWE OF CLEARLIGHT

HIGH ON FIRE

(EARLY) NEBULA

BLACK SABBATH

THE MANEATERS OF TSAVO

SLEEP

TITAN

(EARLY) FU MANCHU

THE SWORD

EARLY MAN

CHECK EM OUT!!!!!

willostat

fav metal show was metal fest in 91 had about 30 bands play over three days which was basically the legends of death metal all in their infancy, mostly morrisound studio and roadrunner bands...been a while but some were morbid angel/blessed are the sick, deicide/legion, cannibal corpse/butchered at birth, bolt thrower/warmaster, sepultura/arise, malevolent creation/the ten commandments, obituary/cause of death, and a whole lot more. destroyed my hearing for a good chunk of a week.

Another with much better sound quality was Alice in Chains/Anthrax/Megadeth/Slayer. Alice opened up and most were still out in the parking lot getting ripped cuz no one gave a shit haha I love em now though.

But the absolute best show Ive seen was Pink Floyds Momentary Lapse of Reason and Division Bell followed by Rush dont remember which album hah.

Last edited:

soulfly22583

Veteran
Rocking out to some Austrian Death Machine! If you like As I Lay Dying (save the metal core shit talking) this is their lead singers side project. Pretty much a full CD making joyful fun of The Guvenator =)

greenhybrid

just caught the thrash and burn tour for after the burial

also whoever said austrian death machine is on the right path.

get to the choppa

soulfly22583

Veteran
Yo metal heads!

So I got text messages from two of my buddies saying I had to pick up the new Knot album "All Hope Is Gone". I trust both of these guys judgment when it comes to music so I stopped by Best Buy and picked it up. Loaded it up to itunes and have been rocking it for a while. Im definitely digging it! Not sure what track im thinking is the best - gonna need to get a fat blunt rolled and listen to it all stoned!

Great thread, only saw it now I think, hahah well anyway. I like me some brutality!

Here's some good brutal death tracks
Control Human Delete - Terminal World Perspective - Operation: Genesis Reprise. Got some incredible double bass action!
Cannibal Corpse - Kill - Barbaric Bludgeonings and Infinite Mysery (instramental)
Origin - Antithesus - Antithesus (title track) aslo Ubiquitous

How about something else
Meshuggah - Chaosphere- Corridor Of Chameleons, The exquisite Machinery Of torture. Love the use of strange triplets and time signatures.
Opeth - Ghost Reveries - The grand conjuration, Atonement, The baying of the hounds, Beneath the mire the whole album really
Opeth - Watershed - Hessian Peel, Burden, The lotus eater, the list could just go on and on, an amasing band! Easier to name whole albums really.

Keep it brutal! :bow: :headbange

willostat

origin for pure energy and to teach unruly neighbors manners.

was on the treadmill with music at a decent level. neighbor upstairs starts pounding on the floor. So played the entire echoes of decimation cd on a several hundred watt stereo at near max...never heard a peep out of him again. fuck him if he cant handle a half hour of cardio.

all opeth is the shit

soulfly22583

Veteran
willostat said:
origin for pure energy and to teach unruly neighbors manners.

was on the treadmill with music at a decent level. neighbor upstairs starts pounding on the floor. So played the entire echoes of decimation cd on a several hundred watt stereo at near max...never heard a peep out of him again. fuck him if he cant handle a half hour of cardio.

all opeth is the shit

nicely done =) \m/ rock on!