What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Yayyy! My first colloidal silver generator (photo)

NPK

The female pollen on my plant didn't easily drop. I had to basically rub the flower clusters over the receiving plant, because dusting wouldn't have been possible. Also, I used the pollen immediately. When I tried to repeat the procedure with the same flower clusters a few weeks later, it failed completely. So freshness is important for good results.

rave420

i believe you can only feminize plants that have SOME hermie-genes in them.

If you have a plant with 100% female genetics, then how the hell would it be able to produce pollen? If the genetics contain the hermie trait, even something like 99% Female 1% male then the CS activates these genes and the plant turns hermie.
Otherwise, it's producing sterile nutsacks that contain no viable pollen.

By no means is that a scientific explanation, that's more like common sense to me. But if someone actually knows what they are talking about, feel free to educate me :rasta:

conehead

Hi Pheno, great cutting edge thread, just a cople of questions for you bro. Using this method of spraying CS is there any chance of your whole crop going to seed whilst stirring fans are running?. Is it possible for selective controlled seeding of "a" branch, or is the spread of pollen indiscrimenant. You mentioned that you must collect the pollen, can the plant not self pollinate on its own or pollinate other plants in same room. Or must the pollination be done by hand which would be beneficial to the small home grower.
"Hey pheno that mullet is in the running for best ever"!
Thanks for sharing Pheno "Kewl"

conehead

Have you had success making pollen and seeds with this frequency of spraying? With all due respect--if you haven't, I don't think you should advise people to go against what has been repeated throughout the thread, and proven to work: spraying once daily for the last three weeks of veg, and the first three weeks of flower. Follow the directions to the letter, and this is what you'll get:

One small clone on a single branch yielded more than 120 healthy seeds (not counting unfinished green ones). These are Hindu Skunk x Dream Goddess. Shit works!

Hi bro could you please let me know how you pollinated one branch did you bag it or does this CS pollin not spread to whole crop. http://www.icmag.com/ic/images/smilies/1zhelp.gif

NPK

conehead said:
Hi bro could you please let me know how you pollinated one branch did you bag it or does this CS pollin not spread to whole crop.

Hey conehead, I just basically clipped of clusters of male flowers and manually rubbed 'em on the receiving buds. I had to do it this way because the pollen didn't drop the way it does with normal male flowers. That's also why it didn't spread where I didn't want it to!

K Double O

arr K Double O them buds look so jucie but we cannot smoke it right? cuz of the CS, ......can someone re shed some light on this would be ashame to thro away
love GeD

K Double O how u get on m8, did u smoke them buds or thro them? PhenoMenal wa you think m8 can u smoke the buds is it safe?

Not really sure about that. I dont have any intentions on smoking them. I am using the Fem pollen for my LA Confidential, DSD, & Abussive Bubba moms.

C

Cinderella99

S1 Genetic Question (SuzyCremeCheese where are u?)

S1 Genetic Question (SuzyCremeCheese where are u?)

Deft asked :
Why would two identical sets of genes cause a problem, would it not just be a clone in seed form? Something to do with crossing over or some other mix up in meiosis?

Yes, there seems to be some value in storing some of these poly-hybrid elite clones in seed form. Although I'm sure there's some variation, to what degree?

Forgive me if I sound naive, or if I missed something in my cursory reading of this thread, but can someone address the range of variation to be expected from the parent in relation to the parents stability:

Ie: It's been asked in another thread what to expect from S1's of a poly-hybrid like "Tribal Vision". What is the range of variation from the parent. Would it be a tighter phenotype range between S1 and parent than say F1 and F2 of that same strain?

I realize that there's probably some tendency for negative genetic traits, such as natural hermaphroditic tendencies, to be doubled or exponentially amplified with the direct inbreeding, but does anybody have observations they can share regarding S1 phenotypic variation from the parent from, say, S1's of more true breeding strains or simple hybrids compared to S1's of more complex hybrids?

Do the S1 phenotypic ranges increase dramatically based on the complexity of the parental hybrid?

I apologize in advance if the answer is redundant or off track, but any Mendelian observations would be of great interest. Thanks!

C

ChaosX

ok, I made mine today. Used 9V 500ma AC/DC adapter from access point :) it was really quick and easy. Now I'm waiting for coins, I ordered two 999 pure silver coins, half oz each. I think it'll be enough.

genw.jpg

Last edited:
i sprayed some clones late in flower and one a week or so in flower will se if it works as i know this was not the proper method i may spray with ga also to make sure something happens.

DemonsGate

Thanks PhenoMenal for making this awesome tutorial. I've created a generator and I'll have to post pictures later on once I've harvested some seeds.

H

h^2 O

this is awesome! If I had any technical capability I'd make one of these and one of those suction machines

thekingofNY

Cannasseur
Why not just use light poisoning? I guess i dont understand why one would wana use silver when light poisoning will work just as well?

J

JackTheGrower

You know damn well I'm adding a post after reading the whole thread!

You know damn well I'm adding a post after reading the whole thread!

Outstanding!

I see!

I figure the rods can be ordered from health food stores. Wire from eBay. Coins and Bars can be had relatively easy.

I see 300 ma to 600 ma @ 9 Volt and wouldn't you know it that broken wire transformer hanging around is 9V 300ma

I read that 10 to 15 PPM is the goal and that I can use a PPM meter from eBay..

From some general searches and links provided some folks who use Colloidal Silver for health use a small air stone to keep the water moving. Another said to heat the water to boil before starting to jump start the process?

So I'd like to confirm:

I can use a PPM meter? I have never used one before.. I know laugh.. I'm an all organic soil grower.

Also I assume a hydrogen peroxide bottle would be an ideal storage bottle..

The air stone.. it wouldn't hurt?

To the poster who had his plants die Colloidal Silver will kill the beneficial microorganisms in the soil so care must be taken to avoid dripping into the soil. The plant actually interacts with the microorganisms in the soil so disrupting this can cause problems. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhizosphere_(ecology)

Other then that am I right on?

Learning all the time!

Going on the To-Do list!

Jack

FarmerGreen

Yo. Just give it a whirl. Chances are you've got plenty of weed at home and wont run out if a plant or two die. If a plant or two do happen to get sick it wont be the end of the world, but if it does work you'll be able to continue your favourite strain on forever and ever and only have female plants

Latest posts

Latest posts