Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seed Boutique > Seed Boutique Vendors > Chimera Genetics / Breeders Retail > Hash Plant x Blockhead

Thread Title Search
Hash Plant x Blockhead Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-02-2017, 09:01 AM #11
window

window is a name known to allwindow is a name known to allwindow is a name known to allwindow is a name known to allwindow is a name known to allwindow is a name known to allwindow is a name known to allwindow is a name known to allwindow is a name known to allwindow is a name known to allwindow is a name known to all
Hi Shmavis
This is a blast from the past for me, years ago I grew Hash plant and a few other of Sensi's broad leafed genetics, such as black domina, NL and I think it was Shiva shanti 2?
They all seemed to taste the same, a perfumed, rose oil type taste, I loved it!
I think the taste may have come from the NL and I believe that most, if not all the plant's I mentioned, contain NL, so was surprised that Chim's hash plant has a taste he considers bland, maybe the Blockhead will improve this? I bet it does

Can you tell us about your water only mix? Because, brother, they are looking Great!
window is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-02-2017, 10:49 AM #12
Kalbhairav
~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~

Kalbhairav has disabled reputation
It's one of the reasons I became a supporter of Chi back n the day. His lines were different to what a lot of the others were churning out. While many chase OG, Chem, Diesel etc, he was using verified old Canadian staples. The Canadian gene pool has got a lot less attention these days which is a massive shame. Even though it's great that there's options for cookies, chem, diesel and og, I also love the range of old Canadian classics - Soulshine, Sweet Skunk, SPG, Blockhead, Blueberry. Plus, a decent amount of landrace origin stuff - Highland Mexican, Nepalese, Burmese, Congolese, Hawaiian.

It's all funky an cool in my book

Quote:
Originally Posted by window View Post
Can you tell us about your water only mix? Because, brother, they are looking Great!
I second this

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-05-2017, 07:12 AM #13
Shmavis

Shmavis is a splendid one to beholdShmavis is a splendid one to beholdShmavis is a splendid one to beholdShmavis is a splendid one to beholdShmavis is a splendid one to beholdShmavis is a splendid one to beholdShmavis is a splendid one to beholdShmavis is a splendid one to beholdShmavis is a splendid one to beholdShmavis is a splendid one to beholdShmavis is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Hi Shmavis
This is a blast from the past for me, years ago I grew Hash plant and a few other of Sensi's broad leafed genetics, such as black domina, NL and I think it was Shiva shanti 2?
They all seemed to taste the same, a perfumed, rose oil type taste, I loved it!
I think the taste may have come from the NL and I believe that most, if not all the plant's I mentioned, contain NL, so was surprised that Chim's hash plant has a taste he considers bland, maybe the Blockhead will improve this? I bet it does

Hey window.

I think, like you say, that the NL in Sensi’s HP (and others) helped with taste - I grew it too. I could be mistaken but I think their HP is NL x HP. Could be mistaken on this as well since it’s speculation on my part, but I’m guessing Chimera’s HP is more “pure” ... (?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalbhairav View Post
It's one of the reasons I became a supporter of Chi back n the day. His lines were different to what a lot of the others were churning out. While many chase OG, Chem, Diesel etc, he was using verified old Canadian staples. The Canadian gene pool has got a lot less attention these days which is a massive shame. Even though it's great that there's options for cookies, chem, diesel and og, I also love the range of old Canadian classics - Soulshine, Sweet Skunk, SPG, Blockhead, Blueberry. Plus, a decent amount of landrace origin stuff - Highland Mexican, Nepalese, Burmese, Congolese, Hawaiian.

It's all funky an cool in my book

I second this
I’ve never been one to chase trends. I lost a seed vault (or rather a “friend” did) that was years in the making. One line I had worked for seven generations. Only in the last four years or so have I been rebuilding. And I’m looking forward to adding lots of the Canadian classics from Canadian breeders. I agree that it’s great that those other options are out there, but I’ve always enjoyed sharing something new (to them) with others. When you break out something that’s not the usual they’re used to, and it gets their attention... that makes me smile. “What is this?!?” I love hearing that! And when it doesn’t have the usual names attached to it, they just look at you funny, but then ask if you can get them some.

Thanks guys for the kind words. It’s a simple Fox Farm recipe. I grow from seed and have found it overall to be very accommodating - and more importantly, easy.

The recipe:

1 bag Ocean Forest
1 bag Original Planting Mix
1 bag Light Warrior
1 cup Happy Frog Fruit & Flower
8 to 10 quarts of perlite

Mix it all together and time transplants to coincide with nutritional needs. It’s water only but I like to add Maxicrop and some Superthrive or ThriveAlive. And depending on how things are looking I might add a tea of budswell in flower.
§467. I am sitting with a philosopher in the garden; he says again and again “I know that that’s a tree”, pointing to a tree that is near us. Someone else arrives and hears this, and I tell him: “This fellow isn’t insane. We are only doing philosophy.”

― Ludwig Wittgenstein, On Certainty
Shmavis is offline Quote

Old 12-05-2017, 07:24 AM #14
Shmavis

Shmavis is a splendid one to beholdShmavis is a splendid one to beholdShmavis is a splendid one to beholdShmavis is a splendid one to beholdShmavis is a splendid one to beholdShmavis is a splendid one to beholdShmavis is a splendid one to beholdShmavis is a splendid one to beholdShmavis is a splendid one to beholdShmavis is a splendid one to beholdShmavis is a splendid one to behold
Only girl: #2

Really happy with how uniform these plants turned out. The bummer is that I got only one girl. The other two undeclared ended up being males. #2 was labeled as such though because it was my second favorite. So I guess if I only get one girl it was better her than #5. I’’ll be trimming up, taking clones, and up potting her this weekend to put her into flower. More excited to see what she does than any of my others.

#4 & #5:

#2:

§467. I am sitting with a philosopher in the garden; he says again and again “I know that that’s a tree”, pointing to a tree that is near us. Someone else arrives and hears this, and I tell him: “This fellow isn’t insane. We are only doing philosophy.”

Shmavis is offline Quote

Old 12-18-2017, 12:35 AM #15
window

window is a name known to allwindow is a name known to allwindow is a name known to allwindow is a name known to allwindow is a name known to allwindow is a name known to allwindow is a name known to allwindow is a name known to allwindow is a name known to allwindow is a name known to allwindow is a name known to all
Thumbs up

Beautiful looking girl though Shmavis
Ah, so maybe Chim's Hash plant is not from sensi's line but something completely different, a pure affie maybe?
I like the sound of your soil mix, nice and simple, the best way.
window is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-18-2017, 02:53 AM #16
Raho

Raho is a glorious beacon of lightRaho is a glorious beacon of lightRaho is a glorious beacon of lightRaho is a glorious beacon of lightRaho is a glorious beacon of lightRaho is a glorious beacon of lightRaho is a glorious beacon of lightRaho is a glorious beacon of lightRaho is a glorious beacon of lightRaho is a glorious beacon of lightRaho is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmavis View Post
Hey window.

I think, like you say, that the NL in Sensi’s HP (and others) helped with taste - I grew it too. I could be mistaken but I think their HP is NL x HP. Could be mistaken on this as well since it’s speculation on my part, but I’m guessing Chimera’s HP is more “pure” ... (?)
Hi Shmavis,
When Nevil first got hashplant, it was a clone (female.)
The only way he could make seeds with it (and G13) was to do an outcross. He used a male selected from NL#1 seed for that.

Any Sensi Hashplant seeds sold would be HP x NL#1 (at best.)
"G13" seeds (not crossed with skunk) were G13 x (HP x NL#1)

No idea what HP line Chimera uses in this cross.

Everything x oBoy
Raho is offline Quote

Old 12-18-2017, 04:06 AM #17
Shmavis

Quote:
Beautiful looking girl though Shmavis
Ah, so maybe Chim's Hash plant is not from sensi's line but something completely different, a pure affie maybe?
I like the sound of your soil mix, nice and simple, the best way.
Thanks brother!

Honestly, I have no idea. I cannot remember the thread, but think it was 40 who asked about it - the maternal HP - and Chimera said it was from the 80s, a big yielder, but lacking in stink and flavor - a real commercial stalwart. (I haven’t really dug around, but will. See if I can’t turn up that quote.) [Hopefully it's not a false memory.]

Simple usually works best, for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raho View Post
Hi Shmavis,
When Nevil first got hashplant, it was a clone (female.)
The only way he could make seeds with it (and G13) was to do an outcross. He used a male selected from NL#1 seed for that.

Any Sensi Hashplant seeds sold would be HP x NL#1 (at best.)
"G13" seeds (not crossed with skunk) were G13 x (HP x NL#1)

No idea what HP line Chimera uses in this cross.
Hello Raho, (thanks for your time.)

I take this to mean my maternal and paternal designations are backwards, relative to Sensi’s HP? Should’ve read HP x NL, and not NL x HP, is that correct? Thanks for stopping in and setting that straight. I was working from old memory files. I thought “true” NL was clone only too. (?)

Shmavis is offline Quote

Old 12-18-2017, 04:11 AM #18
Shmavis

#2, day 5 from flip:

Getting excited about this one.

Shmavis is offline Quote

Old 12-18-2017, 06:13 PM #19
Raho

Raho is a glorious beacon of lightRaho is a glorious beacon of lightRaho is a glorious beacon of lightRaho is a glorious beacon of lightRaho is a glorious beacon of lightRaho is a glorious beacon of lightRaho is a glorious beacon of lightRaho is a glorious beacon of lightRaho is a glorious beacon of lightRaho is a glorious beacon of lightRaho is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmavis View Post
T
Hello Raho, (thanks for your time.)

I take this to mean my maternal and paternal designations are backwards, relative to Sensi’s HP? Should’ve read HP x NL, and not NL x HP, is that correct? Thanks for stopping in and setting that straight. I was working from old memory files. I thought “true” NL was clone only too. (?)
Yes, your pedigree was backwards on that.
The best research on NL history has been done by Elmer Bud. He is tireless when on the hunt and has an amazing ability to retain and connect data.
The details below come from him.

Quote:
The (source of Nevil's NL) is a guy called Seattle NL Greg .
He told (EB that) he got 4 seeds from Sunlight Supplies store in Seattle . . .

He told me the original 4 affie seeds were inbred and reproed then crossed to every thing from Afghanis to Columbian , Mex and Thai . As well as the Affie x Hawaiian he got back from his buddy in Hawaii that he back crossed with his Affie . He said NL #1 was NL Afghan from Sunlight supply crossed to Sam`s Affie #1 .

NL#5 was Greg`s prized clone . He took it with him when he fled the Green Harvest crack down . Nevil got that clone or a cutting from it and several batches of NL# seeds .

NL#1 seeds struck - a male stud selected .
The NL#1 male was crossed to Hash Plant = HP #1 then a male from that line used on the G13 cutting to make G13 HP #1 . NL#1 Male crossed to NL#5 clone from Greg to make NVL`s NL#5 seedline.

NVL received the NL#5 as a clone.
Smuggled into holland in a terrarium.
He bred a NL#1 Male to it and started calling the seeds NL#5 . NL#1 was the NL Afghan X Afghani #1 . So NVL was breeding with it while throwing shade on Sam and saying he culled every thing with Affie #1 .

The NL #5 clone was an Afghan x Hawaiian ? Bx to Afghan . NVL told the story about Thai in NL . Yes the NL# 9 was Afghan x Thai .
Relevant posts from NL Seattle Greg on MNS, courtesy of EB:

Quote:
https://www.mrnice.nl/forum/206820-post130.html
Aloha, If anyone has any questions about my Northern Lights Strains feel free to ask. Sam the Skunkman has claimed a few things that are not true or factual. I brought NL Strains to Ben and Nevil in the Netherlands and genetics from California were not involved as the strains from Hawaii were superior at the time. At that point and time the Californians were coming to Seattle looking for the wonder weed coming out of The Emerald City and the Pacific Northwest.

https://www.mrnice.nl/forum/97345-post121.html
Indoor Sun Shoppe - Plants This is where the original NL #1 seed was obtained and the original clone of NL #5 which was a hybrid of NL #1 crossed with a strain from Hawaii.

https://www.mrnice.nl/forum/178688-post15.html
Aloha Ortega Seeker, There has been a lot of misinformation about the origin of the Northern Lights Strains sent to The Netherlands in the 1980s. Seeds of ten strains were sent to Nevil at the Seed Bank and the famous NL# 5 was a strain that came from Seattle and is a cross of an Indica from Afghanistan and a short season Sativa that came from Hawaii bred by Herbie who worked at a well known grow shop in Seattle.
and then something from NL Seattle Greg posted here at IC
Quote:
Originally Posted by NL Seattle Greg View Post
Aloha,

The base plants for the entire Seattle Northern Lights strains 1 to 10 was a batch of seed sent from Afghanistan that ended up in Herbie's employers hands who just happened to be an old friend from High School so I was able to get four seeds. Then I started doing seed crops of the pure Indica and crossing it with other strains from Nepal, Mexico, and Columbia.

I had clones and seed and NL#5 was Hawaiian x Steve Murphy's Afghani Strain that is what I sent to Nevil. Steve Murphy owned The Indoor Sun Shoppe in Seattle. NL #5 was a F1 hybrid in 1982.

Northern lights # 1 was Nevils Afghani crossed with the Seattle Afghan strain form Steve Murphy.

I have been breeding since 1970 and he got NL from me. I sent seed to Ben and Kees at Sensi too for giving me the nutrient formula for Grodan and Seattle water.

The 11 strains were graded by height and flavor for indoor growing. The #1 was a short phenotype pure Indica from Afghanistan as was #2,3, & 4. #5 to #11 were the Hybrids with the narrow leaved strains we worked with.

The 11 packets of seed Nevil received were graded the #1 ,2, 3, were 100% indica, #5 the clone I traded Herbie Nelson for was 50% Afghani & 50% Hawaiian sativa. The others #6-#11 were crosses with Columbian, Thai, and Mexican Sativas. Nevil then sold out to Ben, became partners with Arjan, and then hooked up with the Mr. Nice Crew.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....ativa&page=624
There's a lot more info on this out there. I know some of this is redundant. Hope it helps.

Everything x oBoy
Raho is offline Quote

Old 12-18-2017, 07:15 PM #20
Slab

Slab is a jewel in the roughSlab is a jewel in the roughSlab is a jewel in the roughSlab is a jewel in the roughSlab is a jewel in the roughSlab is a jewel in the rough
Very nice looking plants Shmavis. I am looking forward to watching them develop.
I have my eye on these seeds too. A good hash plant is something i am always on the look out for.
Best of luck with your grow.
Slab is offline Quote