Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Hobbies and Interests > Sports and recreation > NFL 2017

Thread Title Search
NFL 2017 Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-20-2017, 08:34 PM #21
Bababooey
Horse-toothed Jackass

Bababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to all
Every team is undefeated before the season starts; every rookie who puts up stats vs other rookies and undrafted guys during preseason games is a future hall of famer and multiple super bowl winner.
And then the season starts and your team starts out 1-4 or 0-5 and you're like 'ah crap'.

Vikings offense should probably be better this season, they have dalvin cook at RB who i think will put up better numbers than fournette in jacksonville. Is their offensive line improved though? Cant be any worse than seattle's, who just lost their starting LT yesterday...

Packers D was messed up by injuries last year, think their 4 top cornerbacks ended up on injured reserve during the season. If they have better health they should be ok, although to get back to the superbowl i think they need a top 10 or 12 defense. Rodgers cant do it all by himself y'know.

Pop is your new team the rams? Or the dolphins?
Maybe if the chargers are doing well this year you can go back to them. It's like that one chargers fan who got a free tattoo from a team promotion said: if your wife cheats on you, you cant take it out on the kids. So long as you're a fan of Rivers, and Bosa and the Melvins and Keenan, maybe you can watch them without hating on them.

Bears 1st string defense is looking all right, if any of those guys go down the depth will be an issue.
Glennon throwing into crowds of defenders and staring down receivers; it's deja vu (cutler) all over again...
Bababooey is offline Quote

Old 08-21-2017, 04:54 AM #22
pop_rocks

pop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond repute
thats one of the things i like so much about the preseason,baba
how each team could be a contender and all the young players have potential
i esp like watching the 2nd half of the games, where they pull starters and give the guys trying to make the team a chance to get out on the field
you never know who is going to impress
even us seasoned football fans are surprised from time to time

i dont really have a team right now
its cool that they are showing rams preseason games here in san diego and i hope to see some teams i would not normally see
for the time being im happy to just enjoy the game and watch football
i will be watching a lot of chargers games once the regular season starts butthere is no way that im going to be bandwagoning on the chargers this year
even if they went 16-0 i am still not a fan of the team,(more likely 7-9)

its going to be weird not really following a team
but no matter what i will always be a fan of the sport
pop_rocks is offline Quote

Old 08-22-2017, 09:28 PM #23
Bababooey
Horse-toothed Jackass

Bababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to all
Most of the ones with potential playing in the second half of preseason games are the draft picks; the rest of those guys are 3rd stringers or are going to be cut when rosters go from 80+ players to 54 players (or whatever final roster sizes are).
And you have to temper expectations until you see the ones with potential actually make plays against 1st stringers. It's all well and good to complete long passes against defensive backs who are going to be on the street in a week or two; try doing it against a good 1st team defense like the Broncos or Seattle.
I'm just saying this because Mitch Trubisky is getting a lot of hype for looking better than glennon has during preseason, but glennon is going against 1st team defenses and trubisky is playing against 2nd and 3rd teamers.

The chargers have a new coach as well, so that will be interesting to see how well they play under him. I think when he took over the bill's offensive playcalling last year they did a lot better, so maybe they can just outscore people this year even if the defense doesn't play great.

I can sympathize with you not following a team. The bears have had the worst record in the NFC over the last 3 years so it's been tough following them; I probably watch other teams more than the Bears - mostly the prime time games (MNF, SNF, TNF).
I expect things will only be marginally better this season, maybe 5-11. But if some of the young players look like future stars, that will give me more of a reason to watch, even if they're not winning games...

Old 08-22-2017, 11:23 PM #24
pop_rocks

pop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond repute
i try not too put too much stock in preseason performance
the starters are only playing so hard and like baba' said, lots of people who would not make the cut during the regular season
i think its a good introduction to the nfl for a rookie qb to play against the second teamers, but nothing can simulate real play once the season begins

yeah lynn is supposed to be very run orriented and i wonder how this is going to effect melvin gordons stock as a fantasy player
i think he will have an even better season this year under the new coach
otherwise i see the chargers struggling in a tough division

i am with you man
ive sat through a lot of bad football with the chargers
even when you werent winning, you find bright spots in the darkness
this goes back decades and you sort of see who the real fans are after a few years of loosing
i would have never thought about rooting for another team while the chargers were in san diego, but here we are
i cant wait for football!!

Old 08-23-2017, 12:31 AM #25
shithawk420

shithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond repute
yeah,Glennon looked liked Cutler saturday.we shouldnt have won that game.but i didnt think they were gonna win anyway.i dont think were gonna beat the Titans.
shithawk420 is offline Quote

Old 08-23-2017, 12:46 AM #26
pop_rocks

was talking to a friend at work today and the titans name came up more than once
i think the rams and the titans are going to be much improved in the up coming season
maybe the rams more than the titans nut i think the afc south is wide open this year

Old 08-23-2017, 03:50 AM #27
shithawk420

shithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond repute
Bears play titans next game so we'll see.Glennon scares the hell out of me.like Cutler all over again.

Old 08-25-2017, 03:48 AM #28
Bababooey
Horse-toothed Jackass

Titans went 9-7 last year, almost made the playoffs. They added Eric Decker and Corey Davis as receivers. Theyre a popular pick for double digit wins this year.

Not sure about the rams being much improved, but Goff should be better (couldnt really be any worse) and if watkins stays healthy, gurley bounces back, they could win a few more games, sure. I think their defense was pretty decent last year, and they have wade phillips as their coordinator now, so that area should be pretty solid this season.

Glennon is playing so poorly makes me think we should have kept cutler for 1 more season, it's that bad. But whatever, if he sucks early then we'll get to see what trubisky can do.
Some analyst compared trubisky's preseason performance to blake bortle's his rookie year. Scary.

Pop and Hawk, you play fantasy football at all? I'm wondering what will happen with Ezekiel elliott's suspension appeal. I'm thinking it will be reduced to 2-4 games...

Old 08-25-2017, 04:50 AM #29
shithawk420

I've been meaning to get into fantasy footballjust don't have much time.my sister does pretty good though

Old 08-25-2017, 05:27 AM #30
pop_rocks

"... Goff should be better (couldnt really be any worse) and if watkins stays healthy, gurley bounces back, they could win a few more games, sure. I think their defense was pretty decent last year, and they have wade phillips as their coordinator now, so that area should be pretty solid this season."

this all the way,baba'
i dont see goff becoming some great qb, but with more pieces around him the offence should put up more points
the D was solid and they look like a team that will improve on last year
/also a big fan of wade phillips

i dont play fantasy football either
its something ive been interested in but i havent pulled that trigger
i wonder how the suspension will effect elliots value, even a four game suspension will mean he misses about a 1/4 of the season
/better than his current 6 game suspension

10 wins gets you the afc south
bortles looks like he is all but done in jacksonville and we will see how the colts play this season
i tihnk the division is wide open