What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Ive read Nevil didn't get the real clone before.

Any of that's in seed form though is a hybrid.

Swami has the original clone, but used the Nevils 88 release at F4 of NL5/Haze as a male, and then backcrossed a male of the F1 back to the original clone. I cant wait to try those later on when available. I grew the Swami NL5/Hz, and it was very potent, but very long flowering. Ours best plant went 95 days.

NL5 IS a seedline, its not just a clone.

NL5 is NL x Hawaiian, basically a Hawaiian Bx since NL is Hawaiian x Afghan.

Swami says he has the original NL5 clone, but doesnt say who he got if from (prolly Nevil) and Greg didnt say he gave it to Swami.
Also, since Swami used Nevil's Haze, even if Swami did have the real NL5 clone, his breeding would be NL5 x NL5xNL2 x Haze.
But more likely, NL5xNL2 x NL5xNL2 x Haze

GoatCheese

Veteran
G `day GC

I don`t think it was intended as party weed .
Developed by Vietnam Vets for PTSD is my take .

Thanks for sharin

EB .
Well, i doubt that Black Domina was created for disco dancing nights either! :biggrin:

What i mean about today's NL5 hype coming from USA; legal canna business have brought in alot of new seed producers/breeders to the market, who clearly are using famous old school dutch-lines to make money off the legendary names; SSH/Jack Herer, NL5Haze, Nev's Haze, Skunk 1, DJ's Blueberry, C99 etc. I like some nice standard NL from Nevil/Sensi Seeds (NL5/NL2/NL1 hybrid) but some NL plants just aren't for me.

The cool thing about the NL lines, for me, is that NL Greg originally received only four "Seattle Afghani" seeds, according to him, so those few seeds have created quite a name and fame. But only 4 seeds from an Affie landrace/hash cultivar is quite a limited number, cause usually those lines have many different phenotypes. So you have to have good amount of luck with you to find top quality plants; even if you make re-production with the four seeds, it's still quite limited selection to start with. But you have to work with what you got, ay.

There are many different types of the "afghani effect" = not all stones are alike. There are also super stoney paranoia/terror inducing plants in Afghanistan, thou many times paranoia is associated with racy sativas.
My Ortega-leaning Black Domina cut has a 'blissful' effect, abit like some afghani phenos of Blueberry without the Thai/Mexi influences, very enjoyable potent stoned/baked. Great stress relief and for uplifting spirit, blissful like i said. And for me NL5 in many Nevil's hybrids isn't my cup of tea or what i'd look for stress relief. It sure is potent, but not as uplifting and joyful as my Domina. But like i said, you have to work with what you got.

For Haze/Skunk hybrids, i like the one's with Afghan T in them (ASH, Super Skunk), rather than the NL5 stuff, but that's just me.
:tiphat:

GoatCheese

Veteran
Now if you guys are not too bothered talking NL in a Skunk thread..

Was it Afghani #1 seeds Nevil sent to NL Greg to create NL#1? I read NL Greg stating something like this in one of his posts, but now i can't find that comment he made.
Hasn't Sam Skunkman sarcastically states he created Northern Lights too??!

GoatCheese

Veteran
Did anyone mention RKS yet? Can't have a Skunk thread without it. :laughing:
Or the bullshit story that claims Sam Skunkman snitched out Mungo Jerry and stole his Skunk1 created in late 19th century. What confuced me the most was, what happend to the Eggmen and the Walrus??
Goo goo g'joob,
Goo goo g'joob

:woohoo:I can come up with dum shit too.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
I cant remember if it was just Skunk1 or Affy1 that Greg used for NL1.
I wanna say yes it was Afghan#1

JetLife175

Veteran
420giveaway
I cant remember if it was just Skunk1 or Affy1 that Greg used for NL1.
I wanna say yes it was Afghan#1

All the NL lines are aghani, or has afghani as a parent. If it was Sams #1 line not sure but I wanna say that Greg said the 5 was Afghani x Hawaiian.

Last edited:

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
I said nl is an afghan in bred line earlier on....

This roadkill skunk sounds very similar to the exodus cheese and sheff bluez we have in the uk and with a name like that she would of originated from the same gene pool as both these cuts no doubt.

Both will penertrates brick walls but its the flavour and effects from the 70/30 that ticks my box all day erry day...

Some breeders have took the 70/30 skunk clone onlys and crossed with afghan but it makes it more 60/40 and it just aint the same trust me...

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
They say the UK Cheese originates from a plant selected from a late 80's Sensi Seeds Skunk #1 pack. :tiphat:

Yeah i know pal both cuts are supposedly from the same seed pool of genetics at the time so both the sheff and exodus are great exanples of that time era

I have the sheff blues clone and also acsess to the exodus but ive always prized the sheff bluez higher... i totally get the exodus story thing aswell... any person who has come into contact with the true exodus cheese cut will tell you that she originated as a non profit strain but obviously she fell into certain individuals hands who want to monitize on her but still to this day ive had nothing that tastes like the true elite cuts which is why they are elite clones..

Exodus is a harder plant to get hold of these days as most growers who care for her have her under lock and key...

Both legends in their own right though...

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Yeah i know pal both cuts are supposedly from the same seed pool of genetics at the time so both the sheff and exodus are great exanples of that time era

I have the sheff blues clone and also acsess to the exodus but ive always prized the sheff bluez higher... i totally get the exodus story thing aswell... any person who has come into contact with the true exodus cheese cut will tell you that she originated as a non profit strain but obviously she ill fell into certain individuals hands who want to monitize on her but still to this day ive had nothing that tastes like the true elite cuts which is why they are elite clones..

Exodus is a harder plant to get hold of these days as most growers who care for her have her under lock and key...

Both legends in their own right though...

I got the Exodus in '14/'15
I remediated her with probiotics for a year, then I spread her around.
I dont have her since the move, but she is stellar.
I do see everyone profiting off that cut now.

GoatCheese

Veteran
All the NL lines are aghani, or has afghani as a parent. If it was Sams #1 line not sure but I wanna say that Greg said the 5 was Afghani x Hawaiian.
Yea, NL5 is originally Afg/Hawaiian, while Nevil's NL5 is possibly from a back cross to the Afghan. So not the same as the Original US clone only mom.

But i think i read that NL Greg used Afghani seeds he got from Nevil to create NL1 with the Seattle Afghani. I think NL Greg implying it was actually Afghani#1 seeds Nevil sent him, genetics Nevil got from Sam originally. but like i said i can't find that post he made. He's possibly taken some threads/post down at GHS/StrainHunter forums, but i'm not sure. I couldn't find the NL5 pics he posted either, so i dunno.

ambertrichome

Veteran
Todd McCormick has Original Sk1, straight from Mel Frank, as given to Mel around 1984 from Sam Watson.... AKA Skunkman. NO CROSSES ect.
$20 a seed, and $25 shipping.

It IS the REAL DEAL GENETICS Sk1.

S

_stix

too much negativity... ive seen Island Sweet Skunk that was straight up roadkill skunk smell and taste.

just gotta get around to more seeds.... you sure wont get any skunky fuynky smelly good shit out of a pack of sensi skunk anymore.