What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi x Panama

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi gaker,

Glad to hear your Malawi x Panamas are producing a very high yield.
Would love to see some pics before harvest if you have the chance.
Thanks! :)

the yield is incredible with this strain, and the buds are solid on two of the phenos. I'm hoping an extra week or two and the others will catch up.

high_altitude

So excited after reading this thread - I had ordered this strain from Ace a while back and am about to pop it.

I noticed the OP ran an 8 week veg which seems wild, I don't need that much size, would a 4 week veg period suffice? I have a 6' tent but am nervous about these banging into my lights!

M

Mr D

My Malawi x Panama produced what I would suspect was a 50/50 mix of both parents. The yield was very high. She had a lemon fuel funk after a proper cure. The effects were an equal mix of the parents. Very pleased with the results.

high altitude you can veg for 4 weeks, then take some clones, top her and then put her in to flower. She will get big but topping will help.

high_altitude

My Malawi x Panama produced what I would suspect was a 50/50 mix of both parents. The yield was very high. She had a lemon fuel funk after a proper cure. The effects were an equal mix of the parents. Very pleased with the results.

high altitude you can veg for 4 weeks, then take some clones, top her and then put her in to flower. She will get big but topping will help.

That's actually the duration I was thinking, thanks for confirming!

Ditsöwo

Outdoor

Outdoor

Lower branch of a organic grow by my friend in the costarrican central valley, great oily taste and super potent high, the pic tells better about the production than words. Shout out to all the growers here and ofcourse to the magitians of ACE you guys rock!

Attachments

• IMG-20190301-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20190301-WA0000.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 75

HerbBert

Hi all,
I started my 9 Malawi x Panama fem seeds too soon so they spent around 6-8 weeks in 1l pots, they didnt show any need for feed until the 6-8 week mark so gave them a small feed.

Soon after I topped them for mothers and cut off some branches leaving just 4 on each plant potted them up into 10l air pots (25% Canna coco professional plus 75% Plagron Batmix) and tied the branches down, I watered them in using RO water with calmag up to 0.4ec (my base water for now) and added 1ml/L Terra Vega 2ml/L Rhizotonic 2.5ml/L Cannazym haven't had to water again yet but will use the same but with no Vega or Flora the new fresh growth doesn't seem to need it and i dont wanna burn them.

Here they are on day 1 of 12/12 under a 600w MH for now
picture.php

Day 7 or 14 ill trim them and take a abetter pic :)

F2F

Lower branch of a organic grow by my friend in the costarrican central valley, great oily taste and super potent high, the pic tells better about the production than words. Shout out to all the growers here and ofcourse to the magitians of ACE you guys rock!

Holy ma-cola-roni!!! That is a job well done by your mate Ditsowo👏👏

orfeas

Veteran
Veg or no veg? A dilemma I have stumbled upon a number of times and went for the latter. Forty five days ago I had this M x P break ground in soil, I grow organic, she's had two repots and toppings sitting now in a 25 lt pot under 315W CDM and next to 400W and 200W HPS...

Obviously the veg deprivation has taken its toll, sizewise :) However, I am optimistic a jot this lady will turn into a chabby fruitful one and dare the tigress... or should I be a jot more demanding? :biggrin:

Well, there you are then, what say you lads?

:tiphat:orfeas

Attachments

• P1110012.jpg
    P1110012.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 46
  • P1110014.jpg
    P1110014.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 42
  • P1110013.jpg
    P1110013.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 35

SolarLogos

Veg or no veg? A dillema I have stumbled upon a number of times and went for the latter. Forty five days ago I had this M x P break ground in soil, I grow organic, she's had two repots and toppings sitting now in a 25 lt pot under 315W CDM and next to 400W and 200W HPS...

Obviously the veg deprivation has taken its toll, sizewise :) However, I am optimistic a jot this lady will turn into a chabby fruitful one and dare the tigress... or should I be a jot more demanding? :biggrin:

Well, there you are then, what say you lads?

I'm still trying to figure out what you said :biggrin: but I'm being a jot more facetious than you, lol. I would be awfully proud to have those ladies in my grow room after only 45 days. I'm not a big indoor grower, so probably Terpene, Syd, Yukon and a lot others would be better answering your questions. I have never flowered from seed, so I veg and pinch 4-6 weeks before the flip. I know you can still crop and train at the beginning of flower, but I don't know the details or the pro's and con's of doing it either way. Sorry I'm not much help, but your plants look great!
Peace, God bless

Last edited:

YukonKronic

I think she looks beautiful! If it were mine I wouldn't do much more than smell it every day :biggrin:... maybe lollipop a little on the very bottom of plant but it looks pretty well set to make a nice showing. I bet a light fertilization w/some kind of rooting stimulator right now would bump yield a touch... maybe give her some seaweed and silica? I like to keep them pretty moist until buds have finished thickening provided drainage is good...

orfeas

Veteran
I'm still trying to figure out what you said :biggrin: but I'm being a jot more facetious than you, lol. I would be awfully proud to have those ladies in my grow room after only 45 days. I'm not a big indoor grower, so probably Terpene, Syd, Yukon and a lot others would be better answering your questions. I have never flowered from seed, so I veg and pinch 4-6 weeks before the flip. I know you can still crop and train at the beginning of flower, but I don't know the details or the pro's and con's of doing it either way. Sorry I'm not much help, but your plants look great!
Peace, God bless

Facetious? You? Oh dear, your user name speaks otherwise... :)
And yes, you are of help for chiming in is quite an encouragement for me and why I thank you for your kind words!

I think she looks beautiful! If it were mine I wouldn't do much more than smell it every day :biggrin:... maybe lollipop a little on the very bottom of plant but it looks pretty well set to make a nice showing. I bet a light fertilization w/some kind of rooting stimulator right now would bump yield a touch... maybe give her some seaweed and silica? I like to keep them pretty moist until buds have finished thickening provided drainage is good...
I keep them happy with water alright but I'm afraid to give her seeweed because there must be quite a lot of Nitrogen in the soil judging by the looks of some leaves that claw a tad and since pH is around six I take it out on Nitro...yet I'm thinking of giving her some molasses and Epsom in the near future... tah for your response, mate!

P.S. As for smell, she barely emits any apart from the stem, when rubbed, giving off a faint citric aroma... I do have mixed feelings about this 12/12 from seed scheme, catching meself tainted with guilt over compelling the plant to go straight into flowering...that ain't a happy jolly start... :)

Last edited:

damien50

Germinated 6 six seeds in coco. One sprouted the cotedylons but they didn't fan out and when I pulled it out the root was still in the seed. I buried it and it came out the coco again so I'm guessing it won't die. Another seed germinated twins.

Attachments

• IMG_20190316_214849760.jpg
    IMG_20190316_214849760.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 23

orfeas

Veteran
55 day old M x P steaming ahead getting fatter by the day, a vague orange blossom scent reminiscent of a P x M I grew coupla years ago...a tantalizing smell that is... :)

P.S. Oye conso, that was the one poking into the tigress :biggrin:

Attachments

• P1110029.jpg
    P1110029.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 49
  • P1110030.jpg
    P1110030.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 48
  • P1110032.jpg
    P1110032.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 40

damien50

I have 6 MxP vegging 3 weeks with the small lines in the front germinating late and the big one in the back to the left are twins.

Attachments

• IMG_20190403_184051116.jpg
    IMG_20190403_184051116.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 33

SolarLogos

55 day old M x P steaming ahead getting fatter by the day, a vague orange blossom scent reminiscent of a P x M I grew coupla years ago...a tantalizing smell that is... :)

P.S. Oye conso, that was the one poking into the tigress :biggrin:
Very nice, but I expect that from you, all your grow reflect your fine skills my friend. You can see the malawi, especially in the shorter wider leaves. I can see mucho resin from the last pic, even though it is not a close-up. Nice cola's for going into week 8, but your grows always impress anyways.
Peace, God bless

damien50

It has been a pleasure so far growing this strain more than anything else I've ever grown and I'll be monster cropping and scrogging this strain again once I find some favorite phenos. They've been light feeders that have done exactly what Ace said they would and after switching to flowering they've developed a wild skunk smell.

Here they are at 5 days into flower with a 23 Day veg grown under bridgelux EB2 44" strips at 480 watts in a 4x4

But I have been wondering how much more stretching I should be expecting for the next two weeks

Attachments

• IMG_20190415_055846528.jpg
    IMG_20190415_055846528.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20190415_055828667.jpg
    IMG_20190415_055828667.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20190415_055729237.jpg
    IMG_20190415_055729237.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 39

YukonKronic

First pic March 19 pre-flowering and beginning stretch.
Second is April 3. They started stacking more now.... I’ll get a pic and post it this week.

I’ve been lollipopping and Bending/super cropping. I did some defol. t’other day too.
Edit: forgot to mention the mal x pan are down the middle of the box.... lol actually it’s pretty much everything but a foot down left side and 1 small plant tucked against right side.

psychologos1

Hello again.First,Sorry for my english...
Here are some pics from my malpan. first pic is 4 days before and the others are after the ''cleaning'' the down side (i noticed a faster rippening these 4 days).
It is 42 days (6weeks) old and i think it is very close to cut.
I have grow many Ace seeds(malawi(x5times),kali china(x2times),orient express,bangi haze,zamaldelica,snow moon) and i have noticed all that finish much sooner than the weeks of reference!but the quality is always very good.

Attachments

• DSCN9264-2.jpg
    DSCN9264-2.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 71
  • DSCN9371-2.jpg
    DSCN9371-2.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 63
  • DSCN9380.jpg
    DSCN9380.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 55
  • DSCN9391.jpg
    DSCN9391.jpg