What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cream Mandarine and Sweet Cheese; F1 Fast Version OUTDOOR

Vesnican

Week 23 – 1 October.

Unfortunately I was pushed by several reasons to start to harvest earlier then it would be ideal.

Grey botrytis was devastating Diesel pheno and one more week would probably spoil all reasonable buds.

Caramel pheno was not affected much by Grey botrytis, but those bloody caterpillars decided to take over the plant. Interesting fact is, the on Diesel pheno there was found just about 20% of caterpillars then on Caramel pheno.

Pre-harvest pics Caramel pheno:

Vesnican

Diesel pheno – victims of grey botrytis

Here you can see how huge nugs D pheno produced. It lays on 5l ewer. This makes one almost cry..

Last edited:

Vesnican

I was having big problems with caterpillars until I sprayed with bti. They stop eating immediately and die slowly in the plant. The caterpillar shit doesn't seem to rot after foliar spraying with bti and I can find the caterpillars and remove them. Much less rot and damage now.

Thank you Squatty!

I was already thinking if and what to use next year in case those caterpillars appear again. I am quite conservative to spray my plants with anything, but those little bastards made me angry! How old are your plants when you apply Bti please? You spray only leafs or buds as well? I would be probably concerned to spray quite developed buds and still enjoy my vaping afterwards. I am organic weed nerd :biggrin:

Vesnican

Diesel pheno review

Diesel pheno review

Cream Mandarine FV Diesel pheno:

It is tall, Xmass tree shape plant. In unlimited soil, with no topping would touch 3metres with no problem. Branches keep sharp angle with main stem, leaves keep sharp angle with branches. Medium internodes. At 50 north lat it started to flower around 10 Aug. Under regular Biobizz fertile regime produces long fat nugs with long hair. My guess of ideal harvest is 10-12 Oct. Quite sensitive to grey botrytis. Intensive smell of maturing buds, mainly Chem and petroleum tones.

In my case grey botrytis (inner budrot) spoiled almost all main nugs. IMO those were so rich developed that the humidity was not able to dry in the buds and they started to rot from inside. Even though that September in my region was not rich for rain, the morning dew was this year very strong, garden stayed wet from 10pm to 11am. I have experienced same with Frisian Dew DP several years ago, when I was able to grow really huge long buds but majority got inner budrot. Solution would be application of something preventing budrot, but I try to avoid spraying anything on developing buds. So this pheno IMO is more suitable for dryer climates then mine. I believe that in hands of Indoor guys, who now how to keep their plant in right conditions to prevent budrot, could Diesel phenol perform great as well.

This is all I have gained from this plant, I guess about 35% of possible yield.

Solid plant base:

Rootball:

Last edited:

Vesnican

Caramel pheno review

Caramel pheno review

Cream Mandarine FV Caramel pheno:

It is big, bushy plant. Rich side branching. Something between medium and short internodes. In unlimited soil, no topping, would definitelly go above 2.5 metres. At 50 north lat it started to flower around 5 Aug. Under regular Biobizz fertile regime it produces rich buds, but with more open structure then D pheno. Hair are shorter. My guess of ideal harvest is around 7 Oct. It is more resistant to budrot, in my eyes way more suitable pheno for colder and humid climate. Intensive petroleum smell, definitely not sweet, honey or fruity. About 20% of yield lost, where majority caused by caterpillars.

Solid plant base:

Rootball:

Last edited:

Vesnican

Caramel X Diesel

Caramel X Diesel

If you are less or inexperienced grower at all, first try Sweet Skunk FV. Easy to grow and maturing little bit earlier. More info here: https://www.icmag.com/modules/ICStrainguide/index.php?eop=showreport&id=718

Those who are looking for more “exotic” Fast version for 50 lat and above, go for Caramel pheno. Regarding overall performance and climate resistance it is closer to Sweet Skunk FV.

Experienced northern outdoor growers (or indoor guys) try Diesel pheno as well and let me know about your results please ;)

IMO it might easy to distinguish both phenos. Diesel one was taller and faster then Caramel from early beginning. You can see it here on pics from week 3 and 5 (D pheno always on right side):

Vesnican

Yeas, you can use LST on Sweet Cheese FV, it is very vigorous plant, first one germinated and grew very fast, notice that they don't like small pots, transplant them couple of times or use pots big enough...about end product I can't tell you much because is still drying, but buds are compact, very stinky & sticky :D

Hey Zefy, you make me really curious to see the pics of your plants. Just bring it on dear colleague :headbange

Zefy

Here are some pics :D
I'm guerilla grower, my girls are most of the time on their own...

scfv 2.7..jpg

28.8. left is sweet cheese, right durban poison
scfv-dp 28.8..jpg

scfv bud 28.8..jpg

scfv-dp 12.9..jpg
scfv 12.9..jpg

scfv 27.9..jpg

about endproduct, gonna tell you in few weeks, when they are dried and cured :tiphat:

Vesnican

Great guerilla Zefy! :canabis:

It seems that Durban was faster then Cheese, right? I ran Durban few years ago, it performed very well and was done late Sep. What date you cut them down?

Yes sure, I will properly cure as well before I bring smoke report for Mandarine. 2 months I consider as ideal. Get rid of all chlorophyll, we got the same plan buddy :biggrin:

Zefy

Durban is faster than Cheese, both were cut down on 27.9. Durban was ready, Cheese a week to early, there was bad weather upcoming and caterpillars loved Cheese...
Durban is well suited for guerilla grow, was bigger than Cheese and yielded more but the weight is almost the same, Cheese has realy compact and heavy buds, but not so well suited for guerilla grow, also true that durban is mostly sativa strain and you can't expect so compact buds...
Yeah, after month or two of curing they show their true colors :canabis:

Next year I'm probably gonna try s.a.d. fv, should finish beginn October also mould resistant, also the incredible bulk, sugar black rose,...
You will have more strains or just one like this year?

Vesnican

Most probably I am going to stay with only one FV strain. Currently I am considering KillerKush and S.Cheese. SCh auto, which I ran last year, was great smoke. I have limited space and due to security reasons 2 big plants are enough. A then few autos too, to have more fun during summer :)

Please let me know once you have 50 posts, I want to send you something via PM.

Seeing great guerilla results from many people on this forum I wish to do some just for that feeling. I have to think about this deeply and try to identify some places, where to run it. I live in quite urban area.

But in this country people are really bit**es, stealing plants even from secured backyards. Nowadays when seeds are afordable/cheap and even total beginner can achieve some results quite quickly with autos, there is no excuse for stealing. But I believe that those thieves can never feel and enjoy that pure spirit of holy herb and rastafari thoughts as we do.. :rasta:

Zefy

I agree, it is pleasure to grow mary jane :canabis: I don't have so much problems with people, in 7 years only one place was discovered and ripped, but yeah, it is easy and afordable to grow and I prefer to help people in any way, just leave my plants alone because I invest lot of love into the grow :smokeit:
I like to grow a variety of strains, on your place I would grow 4 different plants in 40-50l pots, that takes 2-3m2 and can yield more than 1kg what is more than enough for myself :D
My Erdbeerli from 2012 in 30l pot, germinated in beginning of June I have used lst, ~200g of buds...
SAM_0853 - Kopija.jpg

I was using google earth for identifying places, of course I have checked them out after...
Where do you live? I'm guessing Czech Republic or Poland...

Vesnican

Hey Zefy, I am really wondering if you based your guess of my homeland on my statement "this country is full of bit**es" :biggrin::biggrin:

Yes I am from New Holland -> CZ :tiphat:

I prefer to run non auto plants in unlimited soil, they can go big. But then I have 2 plants on space where other have 4 or more :)

That Erdbeer looks great! You push me to search in my archive and upload some pics from the past, but I need some time to find it..

Zefy

No :D because of your nickname, it sound slavic and I come from slavic country, Slovenia :tiphat:

Do you need any special permissions for growing in CZ? how many plants you can have?

Finally got 50 posts :yay:

Vesnican

And My guess was you are from Austria :biggrin:

To have up to 5 plants is not a crime but only contravention, they can fine you but not arrest. Problem is to keep dry material, according to law you can keep only "smaller amount then little", which is in real few grams. The situation is the cops go after Vietnamese gangs having hundreds of indoor plants together with pervitin production, selling the stuff to Bavaria, but they almost not bother micro growers like me. If you keep silent and hide your plants, they don't give a s*it.

About 2 years ago cops did huge raid on growshops, confiscated a lot of goods, but finally no people in prison and movement continues.

My Aced Erdpurt 2013, great sativa for out. Seeds no more on sale :-(

Vesnican

Thread moved.

Thread moved.

Dear all,

This thread was moved from Outdoor forum on request of sweet boy Tommy G to share this grow and earned knowledge with Sweet Seeds fans and followers.

:tiphat:

Tommy G

:|Sweet Seeds®|:
Vendor
Veteran
Cheers!

What an amazing grow diary, thanks Vesnican!

This thread was moved (with help from the administrator of the forum) to the Sweet Seeds subforum ;)

All the best and sweet smokes!

tommy

Vesnican

Caramel pheno dry

Caramel pheno dry

3 weeks of slowly drying. Buds are hard and heavy :) I wish it could stay one more week out..

Comparison CM Cph (up) X SweetSkunk Gph