What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ACE (and other sats) Indoor Tricks

Levitationofme

Panama question.

I was told the Panama likes nutes and to treat it as I have my last plants. Which were PCK x Kali China. I cant really do the same thing as i'm not using bubbler buckets or the same nutrients. You suggest going to a 30% mix which is interesting. Take 30% longer to grow.

The instructions with the nutrients tell me to do an occasional slurry test
6.3-6.7 ph and 300-500 ppm are good numbers.
I'm assuming that if I properly water with their food once a week I should be able to stabilize those conditions. Occasional flushing as necessary.

Should I now shoot for a lower EC due to the strain?
Following instructions with Pro Line and my R/O I get 2.1 ec or a little higher. Depending on how many bong hits I add.

My main problem is too much time on my hands. Makes it even easier to overthink everything.

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
I was told the Panama likes nutes and to treat it as I have my last plants. Which were PCK x Kali China.

I'm assuming that if I properly water with their food once a week I should be able to stabilize those conditions. Occasional flushing as necessary.

Should I now shoot for a lower EC due to the strain?
Following instructions with Pro Line and my R/O I get 2.1 ec or a little higher.

PCK x Kali China needs less food than most of the Panama's I've run, which tend to be hungrier. I would push the plants gently at each watering until the tips just barely start to claw and then back off a little bit.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Amazing work on your own hybrids Terpene :yes:

How would you rate your own Oldtimer's Haze x China Yunnan hybrid ? Looks the cross was not so haze dominant in behaviour, seems the chinese really added good indoor adaptability and lower down the size. How are the aromas and effect ?

The Zamaldelica and Destroyer crosses look top notch too, well done!

Terpene

Veteran
Thanks Dubi! Its easy to make really nice crosses with Ace's amazing genetics. :tiphat:

That particular Yunnan x Purple Haze was about 60/40 Yunnan leaning. It was surprisingly stretchy for how Yunnan-like the buds developed, but overall a strong happy plant with moderate-low output.

Flowers smell almost exactly as you'd expect. Yunnan's warm, creamy-wood is immediately followed by the lightly berryish sandalwood-incense of the purple haze. I really like this plant and its effects, it's a slightly psychedelic version of China Yunnan. Happy, very lightly visual, conversational and relaxed with that clear, floaty-dreamy purple haze effect.

I'm sure future beans will show more diversity within the line but I still think the Kali China x Haze is better in every way. I agree with you - Kali China just makes everything better. Buds are easier to trim, smell better, are bigger, frostier and the plants tend to be easier to manage.

Terpene

Veteran
Fack, has it really been 2+ months since my last post??

These three Tikal x Honduras are in my large veg cabinet just after some serious stem abuse. I am very impressed at how much more indoor friendly (bushy and sturdy branching) the Tikal x Honduras are over the Honduras landrace line. Also, just touching the stems on these plants means you stick to everything and smell fantastic. The nose on the stems is fruitier than I expected - strawberries with a tinge of Honduran's floral purple berry smell. I've got about another week before these get completely unmanageable in their space.
picture.php

picture.php

Ignore the four larger Purple Tom Hill Haze x Dj Short Flo in the foreground. The two seedlings in the background are "Panama Sue" (Panama x Suzy Q). Suzy Q is a 50:1 CBD line from Med Tree Seeds. The Panama genetics used in the cross are from a home made F2 round of Ace Seeds beans that came from this female:
picture.php

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Awesome work Terpene! That foxtail plant looks amazing! A++ work

LED's FTW! I currently use COB LED's but for the simplicity of these bulbs my future upgrade will be using them, way more affordable and similar quality!

Thanks for sharing these amazing photos! :)

Terpene

Veteran
I have good news and bad news.

Good news: California legalized recreational cannabis, so I can grow outdoors.
Bad news: Donald Trump will be president..

But we're all about good news here people, so I can grow outside now without fear of incarceration - yay! Since my Hondurans were getting huge, I decided my first outdoor plants will be the Honduran duo:

picture.php

They are very happy (and decently stinky) in the sunshine, though I will have to work on shooting the plants outside, its a bit more challenging to distinguish the plants on broken up backgrounds versus the solid "color" of mylar.

I will still be running my squatter plants indoors under the LEDs as per usual. Here's a shot of the Ace Early BubbaHash just starting out in flower:
picture.php

and PCK x Erdpurt around 3 weeks in:
picture.php

If my earlier bad news has still got you down: Monty Python - Galaxy Song

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Terpene,

Thank you very much for sharing such enthusiastic Haze x Kali China smoke report :)
Sounds exactly like what i was looking for for this cross.

I'm also very happy to see you are growing some of our latest hybrids, the ErdPurt crosses look fantastic indoors, and the Tikal x Honduras look also very promising, much more indoor friendly and with more tamed structure than expected.

The pure Honduras sativa looks beautiful and elegant, i think you are the first person outside my circle flowering this new sativa. Congrats for the steps towards legalization that your state and your country are achieving, i feel honoured that your first outdoor plants will be ACE genetics :yes:

Terpene

Veteran
Thanks Dubi, glad to see you back.

My two Hondurans are starting to stack up at 3.5 weeks of flower. True to their very "columbian looking" veg habits, one is ultra stretchy with puff balls and the other is stretchy, though a bit more columnar. Both are doing quite well outdoors despite it starting to get "cold" here in southern California at night (lows of 6-10C). I am hoping for maximum color from the plants as they're getting put out in the coldest part of the year here.
picture.php

picture.php

I decided that the Hondurans looked so good outside they needed a friend. So here's the big female Tikal x Honduras on day 2:
picture.php

I will still be running the other smaller Tikal x Honduras indoors. Should be a good non-scientific heads up test of how well the LEDs compare to the sun in terms of development.

Terpene

Veteran
Pakistan Chitral Kush x Erdpurt at 7 weeks:
picture.php

Honduran landrace at 4.5 weeks:
picture.php

BubbaHash x Erdpurt at 4 weeks:
picture.php

Tikal x Honduras about 10 days into flower:
picture.php

Tom Hill Haze x (White Widow x Purple Thai-Skunk) x Flo vegging away:
picture.php

G

Beautiful gardens,Terpene!
Do you use only screw-in leds for your indoor girls?

Terpene

Veteran
Beautiful gardens,Terpene!
Do you use only screw-in leds for your indoor girls?

Thanks Syd.

Mostly, I have a 240w Blackstar which takes up one half of flower - though frankly its not nearly as bright as my screw in 14w / 16w leds are. I figure I'll continue to run it till it burns out and then replace it with screw ins.

Terpene

Veteran
My green pheno of Pakistan Chitral Kush x Erdpurt is very done at 9.5 weeks of 11/13. The very signature PCK spicy smell is present, but the erdpurt addition seems to have made it a bit more fruity.

picture.php

picture.php

Tikal x Honduras around 3 weeks in, starting to push purple. Nightime temps have been in between 4-9C.
picture.php

The two Hondurans continue to truck along and seem to be generally unbothered by the low temps unlike the Tikal x Honduras.
picture.php

picture.php

Terpene

Veteran
Another shot of one of the larger buds on the thicker Honduran which is reacting to the colder temps:
picture.php

(Purple Thai-Skunk x Tom Hill Purple Haze) x Flo on day one in flower:
picture.php

Two phenos of Early BubbaHash which both lean pretty heavily toward what I remember of Bubba Kush from cuts floating around in southern California.
picture.php

picture.php

G

Great buds and pics man!That flo cross looks super sexy!
Will be waiting for the smoke report for the Hondura...How much longer do you think?

Terpene

Veteran
Great buds and pics man!That flo cross looks super sexy!
Will be waiting for the smoke report for the Hondura...How much longer do you think?

Thanks Syd. The Hondurans are at 7 weeks, day length is currently about 10D/14N. Dubi says his all finished right around 14 weeks, but I am running mine later in the season (shorter day length), so I figure I'll be done in about 6 weeks from today.

A friend of mine is running two (Purple Thai-Skunk x Tom Hill Haze) x Flo outside and they both are showing nice hints of purple, so I am hoping for tons of color from that cross. Only time will tell :watchplant:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Terpene,

Your pure Honduras seems to be the colombian pheno, like the mother i sent you seeds from.

I'm also very pleased to see your great results with the ErdPurt fem hybrids indoors,
they were designed mainly for outdoor growing but it's nice to see they work good indoors as well. Thanks a lot for the updates! ;)

Latest posts

Latest posts