What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fuel, rubber, grease

Among the various broad leaf landrace/farmed varieties, which specifically produce fuel, rubber, glue aromas and flavors? Looking for something pure that fit those criteria. Specific origins of interest to me are less common to see in circulation; Mongolia, Iran, Iraq, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, etc. Of course the right variety would be considered in any case no matter where it originates.

What terpenes/flavanoids are associated with those aromas in your experiences?

Koondense

Veteran
My most fuel/rubber scented plant was himalaya gold by greenhouse seeds, in my first ever grow.
Check also mandala satori if it fits your needs.

Cheers

Thanks, I'm not much of a greenhouse seeds supporter though.
Satori has always peaked my interest but it doesn't really fit the bill for what I'm looking for.

thejact55

I generally associate these stronger smells with more dutch type plants, not landraces. I dont even run carbon filters on my 3 tents anymore, the smells just arent super strong from a distance.
Rsc mazar shariff had a fuel/berry smell. Tropical seeds senegal had some phenos with a fuel type smell.

But IMO if your looking for a greasy plant that reaks of these strong smells, youll have to do some crazy selection with mass numbers.

cannaventure has a strain called daffie that's an la affie bx with chem garlic used for the outcross. also theres garlic breath. and the only info is that Tennessee hogs breath is the mom. theres also la affair (la affie x fire og). theres probly some super pungent and gnarly terps hiding in those packs. rare dankness has a cross that's called commerce city kush. the parents are chem #4 x rd#1. the description ive seen says its like a jet fuel tanker truck smashed into a cough syrup factory. so theres probably some dank phenos in those seeds too. a guy on here has a pretty nice grow journal on commerce city kush.

GoatCheese

Veteran
Derg Corra Collective has had line from Iraq (Iraq Pilgrim??), and iirc, they said it was fuely

There are also fuel/diesel phenos in X18
Here's one from Reserva Privada's X18. I called this pheno "the Uzbek" cauase i've seen pictures of similar phenos from lines people said were from Uzbekistan:

Oranges/citrus, diesel and parfumey hashish ..nice!
And stong as hell.

picture.php

Zitz

Derg Corra Collective has had line from Iraq (Iraq Pilgrim??), and iirc, they said it was fuely

I'l put my vote in for Pakistani varieties here.
The "Aunt of Farouk" can be fuely/meaty/rubber, but way more complex with various herbs and spices.

Another Pakistani, PCK (most of us know this one) is worth checking out for the green pheno, which I found strongly rubber/pukey!

The purple one is far milder, just sweet and fruity.

Thanks everyone. Sensi Star is one of my favorites but I'm not interested in hybrids.

I have a few paki's and others, none are reputed to fit the bill though.