What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Critical Jack freebie run

Spaventa

Veteran
Very nice tent. I love when pistils turn orange like that. Do you expect the frankincense terps you're looking for will come out later? Are there any unexpected keepers in there or is it all too early to tell? How does Delicious stack up against Sensi?

Sorry for all the questions, I just want to make sure I order my beans from the right breeder lol. The cheaper price of the beans are enticing, but quality over economy every time.

Im pretty sure these will deliver incense aroma when they burn. Everything Ive grown that had incense aroma to the smoke smelt of sweet musk and leather while growing so yes my hopes are bolstered by the aromas in the tent at this stage, very :)

There were 2 distinct phenotypes in the pack of 10. One is a runt phenotype, the other is VERY promising so far. I was wrong about 10 weeks - these are meant to be 9 so 10 should be all they need. I will go by what i see not the date anyway.
If what i see happening continues and these are was good as the smells currently indicate, I will definitely be selecting a keeper. The structure, flower time and ease of growth is awesome if it also has haze incense aroma too, it could be a grail selection. If so I will be testing all the other Delicious seeds strains next :)

My very next run in the other tent is Sensi seeds Mothers finest regulars - a hazier selection "from the Jack Herer genepool" so look out for that soon :)

Those look nice mate, thanks for sharing. I love Critical Jack Herrer and have been growing it for about 7 years. Great high and taste and growth.:woohoo:

Spaventa

Veteran
More pictures of that odd NL#5xHaze cut, next to the Panama Haze, in the left corner.
She smells sooooo good of leather and a sweet musk.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

This is her in veg

picture.php

Spaventa

Veteran
Thanks insomniac ;)

I highly recommend this strain because its proven to be fast, good yield and chunky but most of all for the smell it has - leathery musky and sweet. These always translate to excellent smoke in my experience. When those tops are dry I will report on the "just dry" flavour and effect.
Im so impressed, Im going to buy some of Delicious Seeds other strains. I think their kali mist cross might be next :)

insomniac_AU

I'm happy for you mate. Hope it lives up to your expectations. Looks like you've got a very similar set up to mine. Is that a 1.2m x 1.2m tent?

insomniac_AU

No Ive got two 90 x 90 or 3' x 3' tents. Got em cheap ;)
Pretty close to the same size. :)
I'm in the market for a new tent myself at the moment. Mine is an Indoor Elements but it's 10 years old. It must have had 50 crops at least in it. The seams are falling apart and the zips are just about screwed. Going to go for a Gorilla Grow tent I think, it's height adjustable. I need the extra height. 2 metres just isn't enough.

Spaventa

Veteran
Pretty close to the same size. :)
I'm in the market for a new tent myself at the moment. Mine is an Indoor Elements but it's 10 years old. It must have had 50 crops at least in it. The seams are falling apart and the zips are just about screwed. Going to go for a Gorilla Grow tent I think, it's height adjustable. I need the extra height. 2 metres just isn't enough.

Mine are only 1.8 meters and all I grow is Hazes - I enjoy the challenge lol

Have a backup plan though... id just cut the tents floors and raise them up onto some brackets screwed to the walls as they each sit in a corner. Id close the gap with some something or other... but so far, no need to resort to that. Loads of topping, strict diet till over the stretch and pray :tiphat:

insomniac_AU

Mine are only 1.8 meters and all I grow is Hazes - I enjoy the challenge lol

Have a backup plan though... id just cut the tents floors and raise them up onto some brackets screwed to the walls as they each sit in a corner. Id close the gap with some something or other... but so far, no need to resort to that. Loads of topping, strict diet till over the stretch and pray :tiphat:
Haha that would be a challenge. That's not a bad idea cutting the floor out and raising it. I think I'll just get a new tent though. Mine's worn out now anyway. There's only so many times you can use zips before they break.

Spaventa

Veteran
You in Australia? Must be looking forward to september? I would love to do some outdoor growing. My brothers and his family are in NZ but are moving to Wellington soon.

insomniac_AU

Yeah in Australia, I've been a Richmond fan since I was a small boy. So yes I am actually looking forward to September this year. :)
I've never had much success growing outdoor here at least not a guerilla type grow. It's just too hot in summer and plants require constant water and attention. I've done well growing plants in my backyard though over the years because I can look after them.

Spaventa

Veteran
Yeah in Australia, I've been a Richmond fan since I was a small boy. So yes I am actually looking forward to September this year. :)
I've never had much success growing outdoor here at least not a guerilla type grow. It's just too hot in summer and plants require constant water and attention. I've done well growing plants in my backyard though over the years because I can look after them.

Guerrilla growing is another big challenge I fancy.
If I can find something that does well here I will but Ive tried a few things in the greenhouse and good cuts came to nothing. We do get some sunshine but its sporadic heatwaves and then weeks on end of cloud. You wouldn't ever be able to count on it and if you did get a good result you would have to put it down to a lot of luck as well as judgement. I planted a load out one year with someone and they robbed the lot. Whatever I do, if I do anything guerrilla, it will be on my own, thats for sure.

insomniac_AU

Yeah that's why I've almost given up on it. I don't seem to have any luck. It's too cold at night and too hot and dry during the day. Then there's pests, animals eating them, thieves and cops. I can't have that sort of random chance of success that's why I started growing indoor. I couldn't grow in my backyard here either it's too exposed to the neighbours.

Spaventa

Veteran
The CJH have been hanging, minus main leaves and will remain so until they are almost dry. . I will post pictures of the harvest trimmed and ready to go into jars.
Here are the remains plants, the Panama Hazes
picture.php
picture.php