What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gorilla Glue #4 from GGStrains

2ppl

I warn everyone I give a cut to that she's a light feeder,most seem to ignore the advise first run and wonder why she didn't yield better for them. I try to keep her 1.1-1.2 EC and only use V+B and calmag with a occasional tea,no bloom boosters and can yield 2.2 oz's a sq/ft with her indoors.

Yah my first run with gg4 I gave it higher ppm of bloom nutes and the colas didn't connect. My second run with it I gave it only dynagro foliage with no additives besides 1-2 ml of calmag and the cola connected way better. Forgot what the ec was but the ppm was around 700. But boy , 2.2 per square feet is kicking ass! I only got 1.8 per sq ft. How big r ur girls before u flip? How many colas per? Defoliate? Thanks in advance!

morgandecaptain

Yah my first run with gg4 I gave it higher ppm of bloom nutes and the colas didn't connect. My second run with it I gave it only dynagro foliage with no additives besides 1-2 ml of calmag and the cola connected way better. Forgot what the ec was but the ppm was around 700. But boy , 2.2 per square feet is kicking ass! I only got 1.8 per sq ft. How big r ur girls before u flip? How many colas per? Defoliate? Thanks in advance!

550-600 ppm with RO water for me and I usually scrog a single plant in a 3x3 tent and defoliate.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
I think Glue is unique in that it feeds differently with chem nutrients vs. organics.

True that....Who Dat! :)

I just use FFOF soil with no nutes and she grows marvelous.
Water only. I get fantastic results, and the taste!.......You cant beat organic!
My biggest yielders are the horizontal branch ones. The branches almost stick straight out and grow super vigorously. The more branching, the better the yields....atleast for me anyways.
This run I used my best yielding mom with huge branching action and I cant wait to flip these.

Chemdawggy Dawg

No I have not. But if I do have those issue , wouldn't it affect most if not all my garden? The first time I ran the gg, I noticed there were 7 clones that have the small leaf syndrome at the end of week one after rooted clones being transplanted and they all dudded out. I took clones from dudded plants and non dudded plants. I didn't know the symptoms back then. I had 24ish clones that had the small leaf syndrome that I dumped, I posted that in the dudding thread. The pics that I posted up a page or two ago shows the difference bet dud and regular gg4. Others have chimed in with the same experience. No ideal how or why it does that but u can tell during early veg that it's gonna dud out. Small fan leaves , tight internode spacing, almost U shape branching instead of V shape branching. I'm not hating on gg4 , I love the gg4!

Sounds like you need to get a different cut. I've had it for at least 2 years and the only problem I've ever had was over feeding and that caused root rot and low yield, not really a dud. I switched my nutes to jacks plus can nit and run my ec at around .7 to 1.0 and my last 2 runs have been killer. I mean huge yields of 🔥. I tried to add a pic but had problems.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
True that....Who Dat! :)

I just use FFOF soil with no nutes and she grows marvelous.
Water only. I get fantastic results, and the taste!.......You cant beat organic!
My biggest yielders are the horizontal branch ones. The branches almost stick straight out and grow super vigorously. The more branching, the better the yields....atleast for me anyways.
This run I used my best yielding mom with huge branching action and I cant wait to flip these.

For me she eats way more than most people on here. I grow in smaller containers though out of necessity so I think that's it. Also, it seems that more people feed synthetic nutes vs. organics too. I have progressed to feeding her more nitrogen longer into flowering as I always get an earlier fade than I would like. This time is no exception as I was growing them in 10 gallon fabric pots. I wanted to do 15s but the store didn't have them and I had to pot them up then. :dunno:

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
i wish you all would stop going on about duds and magical fairies. you fucked up the roots. and you didn't let em/ they didn't recover. those are the mysteries behind these duds of yours.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
i wish you all would stop going on about duds and magical fairies. you fucked up the roots. and you didn't let em/ they didn't recover. those are the mysteries behind these duds of yours.

I doubt it's something that simple. Also, you would be seeing that more with other strains too. I feel like if I haven't ever had a dud then it has to be something unique. (I used to suck at cloning)

2ppl

Sounds like you need to get a different cut. I've had it for at least 2 years and the only problem I've ever had was over feeding and that caused root rot and low yield, not really a dud. I switched my nutes to jacks plus can nit and run my ec at around .7 to 1.0 and my last 2 runs have been killer. I mean huge yields of 🔥. I tried to add a pic but had problems.

This is my 2nd different cut that I got. My friends cut were different also. I got my recent cut from Barc collective and they get it from midnight farm. I picked up 40 clones from them and 3 had the small leaves syndrome. I culled those 3 already and kept the rest. Thanks for chiming in bro!

oti$

I posted a while back about the foxtail/no foxtail plants next to each other. I tried to photograph the no foxtail plant and couldn't get a good shot, so here is the foxtail. It was only a couple branches and I'm chalking it up to limbs that got too close to the light/too hot.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

I've got another big one under a gavita in a more ideal spot, so hopefully she'll turn out pretty. I've also got a bunch of clones that will be a gg4 monocropped light. Since taking a short hiatus, I feel like I can't grow my way out of a wet paper bag with scissors in my hand. Hopefully I'll get it back together soon.
After a long wait, I'm finding out she really does live up to the hype. Thanks for sharing Josey and starting the trend of letting the good stuff out there for everyone to enjoy. And thanks to the homies for hooking a brother up, you know who you are...

windycitysmoker

⚖TrippleBeamDreams⚖
Veteran
picture.php
Looks like over feeding just a bit with the tip burns,and I learned the hard way about over feeding,that cut never fox tailed on me.
Idk still looks good :tiphat:
Some 1 should know here and I don't wanna here dud cause I have the same cut I'm feeding at about 1.0-1-2 to be safe she is taking off.when I was high like 1800 I had problems.i lowered the nuts and it started to bounce back ,but nothing like it could of been hope this helps

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Sometimes too.... in smaller pots, the soil doesnt get evenly wet and will have dry spots that just dont take water in. The pots will seem like when you water, it just all comes out the drainage holes. This will give you "DUDS" as well. Make sure the soil is evenly moistened. If you have one that isnt performing, take it out of the pot, break up the outside soil abit so roots show, and t/p it into a bigger pot and make sure it gets evenly watered.
If your having trouble wetting the soil evenly, use 1 drop of dishsoap per gln of water and this will help. I have 3 underperformers from this very reason. What I mentioned above really helped them to get going.

oti$

Yes, I've been using mostly 2 gal pots and in 3 gal amd don't get the burn or curl. I'm switching g everything to 3 gal. The 2 gals will sometimes completely dry out completely while I'm increasing water intervals causing all kinds of issues. I was being very careful not yo ket anything dry out in the gavita room and keep ec steady @ 1.2, but bc a couple family members had to be in the hospitol a couple days I was a day late fir my weekly res refill and half. The plants were dry, one of them was the gg#4, so my pretty plant may end up with some burnt tips. I'm on my way now to tie every thing up bc @ 4 and a hallf weeks, they are already floppping.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have fuked some glues bad. In the end the flowers where still quality. My mistkes never made the plants turn dud.. No clue why some get it. I do know most if not all of us that got GG#4 in 2012 have never had a dud.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Does nobody else think it strange that this phenomenon is pretty isolated, if not exclusively so, to GG4?

2ppl

Does nobody else think it strange that this phenomenon is pretty isolated, if not exclusively so, to GG4?

Yah it is strange, tho others have seen the dud issue on other strain but mostly gg4. Storm shadow from here was one of the first to spot the duds on this one dude named Stoney something , forgot what his handle ended with. That dude didn't believe it either. Then other chimed in about the dud. Storm shadow spotted the dud at around week 4-5 of flower. This one dude name making goo said he had duds with his wifi.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have had both for a long time. No duds have ever been found. No clue as I said why some get it. I dont think its a huge problem. Back when this was a major topic only a few had it if I remember right.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts