What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LED growers please respond - True or False?

DoDad

I grow under LED. What temps do you gown under LED and how do you measure it?

This page says that par 1500 and 86* F is ideal.

http://magazine.cannabisbusinesstimes.com/article/january-2017/the-key-to-maximum-yield.aspx

In 2008, researchers at the University of Mississippi published a paper (“Photosynthetic response of Cannabis sativa L. to variations in photosynthetic photon flux densities, temperature and CO2 conditions") that validated the fundamental optimal growing conditions for cannabis cultivation to be light levels of 1,500 PAR [photosynthetically active radiation] and a leaf temperature of 86 degrees Fahrenheit.

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
You use a laser temp measure to see what temp the leaves are, you dont go off air temp.

1500 is up around light saturation point. If your running em that hard youd better be supplying the nutes and co2 in a near ideal environment.. my advice would be probably not to go so hard.

DoDad

You use a laser temp measure to see what temp the leaves are, you dont go off air temp.

1500 is up around light saturation point. If your running em that hard youd better be supplying the nutes and co2 in a near ideal environment.. my advice would be probably not to go so hard.

Thanks! What temperature do you keep your leaves?

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
25-28 but you can go lower than that.. make sure you match your RH for ideal VPD. 800-1200 par and around 1000ppm co2 :tiphat:

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
What kind of cannabis do you prefer? Trichome dense, or plant matter dense?

Plant matter dense, you want to grow tropical with high CO2, high heat and high humidity. You get explosive plant growth at stretch and really big flowers.

Trichome dense, you want moderate Co2 (under 800ppm), low heat and low humidity. Just like the best hash producing areas of the world. Under 70F and under 30% RH. ;) You'll have to veg longer for the same yield, but the terpene and resin ratios to plant matter is ridiculous.

:tiphat:

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
All this is explained and more in great detail in my lighting science Sticky thread in my signature. It depends on the efficiency of your lights spectrum, FLIR camera is needed for accurate results, not a laser temp gun...

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
All this is explained and more in great detail in my lighting science Sticky thread in my signature. It depends on the efficiency of your lights spectrum, FLIR camera is needed for accurate results, not a laser Temp gun...
It's not coool to shill :)

Latest posts

Latest posts