What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

8x8 feet tent setup help.

Qorbani

Hi guys!

This is my first post😊 I hope to get some help from you guys. It is my third grow, but first time with bigger tent and scrog.

My setup is:

Tent: 8x8 ft (2,4m x 2,4m x 2m)
Lights: 4x600W HPS (MH for veg)
Grow medium: coco coir
Pots: smart pots 5gallons
Nutes: canna coco a+b, rhizotonic, cannazyme, pk 13/14, cannaboost and calmag(if needed)
Feeding: automated top feed once scrog is set up.
Intake, exhaust, circulation fans and carbon filter.
Techniques: topping, LST and SCROG
Strain: blue dream feminized seeds.

I’m going to scrog, and I going to top them twice. Because of the law I want to keep number of plants down.

My question is how many plant should I have in my tent?
Should I go with 5 plants or 9?

I want to cover the whole tent with canopy.

Thanks in advance for any help.

You should be able to comfortably fit 2 plants per light. Go as many as you can legally, and keep in mind to do less if you plan on cloning or anything like that.

I would not go more than 1 plant per sq.ft. Local dispensary does 3 rows of 3 plants (9 total) under one 1000W hps.

You can also do one plant per light, but it will need a longer veg time to completely fill up the trellis.

Higher plant count= shorter veg time

Higher plant count= shorter veg time

Sounds like the deciding factor is your plant count. But higher count will full canopy faster than a lower plant count.

Genes

There are a million ways to skin this cat. If you want a perpetual type system go with one plant per light. Topped about 4 times of so. If you had a 10 plants license, that would be 4 bloom and 4 veg all the time. One mom plant and room to start new fem seeds on occasion or an auto flower. The plant count should be your starting point. Imho.