What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lebanese

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
dubi, how would you classify the lebanon regarding "stink strenght"?

Thinking on growing it this spring, per its description it should able to stand Seville weather with great potential, but... my concern being odour.

I have a great growing space, size won't be a problem, neither stealth (sheltered by 5-6meter reeds) but odour could.

Which ACE sativas with great (or only) outdoors potential would you grow here that have the least odour possible?

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Curbiechris, I'm still pissed at myself for missing out on them. Gotta have taxes and fuel bills paid before I can play. I really wanted a #35 male though. Now it's a roll of the dice. There isn't any place to get testing done in my state. It is what it is. Peace

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran

Thinking on growing it this spring, per its description it should able to stand Seville weather with great potential, but... my concern being odour.

I have a great growing space, size won't be a problem, neither stealth (sheltered by 5-6meter reeds) but odour could.

Which ACE sativas with great (or only) outdoors potential would you grow here that have the least odour possible?

Hi repuk,

Usually pure landrace sativas are super stealth regarding aromas in flowering, they don't stink like skunks, diesels and kushes do.

Landrace sativas have delicate and soft aromas in flowering, that can be only appreciated when you are very close to the buds in flowering, their smell is almost undetectable outdoors when you are a few meters away (considerig you are growing just a few plants and not a whole field)

Pure landrace sativas like Ethiopian, Honduras, Lebanese, Oldtimer's Haze or even Malawi have very discreet aromas in flowering and are very suitable to grow in your climate.

Hope it helps. Saludos! :)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi farmerlion,

Sorry to hear you missed the chance to get your Lebanese Breeders Packs.
There were only a few available, but we didn't expect they will sold out so fast ... just in a few weeks without any promotion.

Anyway, all the best lebanese lines are mixed and included in the normal Lebanese release, so you will be able to find the CBD rich parental plants you are looking for.
All the released lebanese lines are rich in CBD.

troutman

Seed Whore
Pure landrace sativas like Ethiopian, Honduras, Lebanese, Oldtimer's Haze or even Malawi have very discreet aromas in flowering and are very suitable to grow in your climate.

I grew the Oldtimer Haze when it 1st came out and I describe the aroma as perfumed.

It's not something most people would associate with Cannabis and easily hidden. I didn't need charcoal. :tiphat:

I still have 4 packs and will have to do something with them someday soon. They are the female #1 X male #6 line.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Hi repuk,

Usually pure landrace sativas are super stealth regarding aromas in flowering, they don't stink like skunks, diesels and kushes do.

Landrace sativas have delicate and soft aromas in flowering, that can be only appreciated when you are very close to the buds in flowering, their smell is almost undetectable outdoors when you are a few meters away (considerig you are growing just a few plants and not a whole field)

Gracias!

It helps, Definitely!

Intend to grow just a couple... I'm a happy camper now :dance013:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
I will be running four Lebanese plants this summer. I'm so anticipating spring to come. February is half over already, March snow storms and April showers. I wish you all the best with your upcoming grows. I will certainly post up some pictures later of mine when the time is right. Peace

Kaskadian

Veteran
I will be running four Lebanese plants this summer. I'm so anticipating spring to come. February is half over already, March snow storms and April showers. I wish you all the best with your upcoming grows. I will certainly post up some pictures later of mine when the time is right. Peace

Can’t wait to see your grow!

I’m going to take my chances on the Leb indoors once I have a little more room to get them going. Veg under 20/4 and see what I can do. :tiphat:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Kaskadian, I'm very interested in your indoor grow. I would like to switch my indoor grow room over to a mother room. Any information you gain with this grow, please share. I'm sure a few others will try her indoors as well. I have only ever kept one plant over the winter. It had it's own bedroom, but light scheduling didn't work out very well. With needing things out of the room at various times the light cycle was interrupted frequently. I wish you the best my friend. Peace

therevverend

Veteran
Good stuff. I notice in the pictures the flowers are made up of mini 'foxtails' not one solid 'bud'. I've noticed that in many landrace and Middle Eastern strains. It's a cool feature. Even though I consider Lebanese 'hashplants' I don't consider them Indicas because of this tendency. And because they're used to make hash. Leaves can be quite narrow.
In some ways the foxtails are more efficient for making hashish then thick buds. Because the entire surface of the foxtail is exposed. They break down faster so you don't want to thrash as hard as you can with an Afghan. I'm curious about info on hash making with this Lebanese. Micron size of the resin glands, are they sticky or dry, etc.
There's a good thread in the Landrace section about Lebanese with lots of great info. Recent pictures and comments, especially good stuff about Real Seed Company's Lebanese. I think it's very similar. Lebanese strains seem to have high to medium CBD and low to medium THC.
If you want to get super zonked you'd have to make a concentrate, hashish or whatever. Otherwise smoking a joint of bud will be a fairly light stone compared to the modern hybrids. This is a plus if you're a CBD user you can toke all day and still function with the benefits of the high CBD content.
These photo sensitive strains are a bit tricky. If they get root bound or stressed they can start flowering. If you're at a high latitude and start in March or early April they can start flowering in early to mid May. By the time they snap out of it they start flowering again because it's July.
I'd start in late March. They don't need a lot of nutrients, we've all seen pictures of them growing in the desert with no water or fertilizer. I've seen these kind of plants have a 'slow and steady' growth rate. If you're using a container you can choose a size appropriate for the size of the plant. Considering the plant won't get very big or bushy I wouldn't go much higher then 5 gallons. I've had success with 3 gallon pots with some liquid feeding.
Of course I haven't grown this particular strain but I'm confident my advice is good because I've grown other middle eastern hashplants..

Kaskadian

Veteran
Kaskadian, I'm very interested in your indoor grow. I would like to switch my indoor grow room over to a mother room. Any information you gain with this grow, please share. I'm sure a few others will try her indoors as well. I have only ever kept one plant over the winter. It had it's own bedroom, but light scheduling didn't work out very well. With needing things out of the room at various times the light cycle was interrupted frequently. I wish you the best my friend. Peace

I’ll make sure to log my grow with all the details brother! My only concern is the autoflowering tendencies that Dubi mentioned but I’m hoping by vegging under 20/4 I can avoid a lot of that.

Cheers man!

Kaskadian

Veteran
Good stuff. I notice in the pictures the flowers are made up of mini 'foxtails' not one solid 'bud'. I've noticed that in many landrace and Middle Eastern strains. It's a cool feature. Even though I consider Lebanese 'hashplants' I don't consider them Indicas because of this tendency. And because they're used to make hash. Leaves can be quite narrow.
In some ways the foxtails are more efficient for making hashish then thick buds. Because the entire surface of the foxtail is exposed. They break down faster so you don't want to thrash as hard as you can with an Afghan. I'm curious about info on hash making with this Lebanese. Micron size of the resin glands, are they sticky or dry, etc.
There's a good thread in the Landrace section about Lebanese with lots of great info. Recent pictures and comments, especially good stuff about Real Seed Company's Lebanese. I think it's very similar. Lebanese strains seem to have high to medium CBD and low to medium THC.
If you want to get super zonked you'd have to make a concentrate, hashish or whatever. Otherwise smoking a joint of bud will be a fairly light stone compared to the modern hybrids. This is a plus if you're a CBD user you can toke all day and still function with the benefits of the high CBD content.
These photo sensitive strains are a bit tricky. If they get root bound or stressed they can start flowering. If you're at a high latitude and start in March or early April they can start flowering in early to mid May. By the time they snap out of it they start flowering again because it's July.
I'd start in late March. They don't need a lot of nutrients, we've all seen pictures of them growing in the desert with no water or fertilizer. I've seen these kind of plants have a 'slow and steady' growth rate. If you're using a container you can choose a size appropriate for the size of the plant. Considering the plant won't get very big or bushy I wouldn't go much higher then 5 gallons. I've had success with 3 gallon pots with some liquid feeding.
Of course I haven't grown this particular strain but I'm confident my advice is good because I've grown other middle eastern hashplants..

Awesome advice brother! Thank you for sharing your experience with similar strains. I’ll be keeping all this in mind going into this grow. :tiphat:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
It's above freezing here today, I'm getting excited about spring planting. I hope that your girls are doing well. Peace

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran

If it can help you,Oldtimer haze(purple or green) x thai no have a more smell,you can be at one mt from a plant and you can't smell it...

Zitz

...These photo sensitive strains are a bit tricky. If they get root bound or stressed they can start flowering. If you're at a high latitude and start in March or early April they can start flowering in early to mid May. By the time they snap out of it they start flowering again because it's July.
I'd start in late March. They don't need a lot of nutrients, we've all seen pictures of them growing in the desert with no water or fertilizer....

I've found the same characteristics in middle eastern strains, a unique genepool for sure.
Not firmly sativa or indica, foxtails, Cbd pheno's etc...
Sometimes super nice smells and resin production...The minus side, flavor doesn't usually translate to taste, potency is usually average.

In northern lat's above 50 an annoying thing can occur with flowering.
Start in march under lights - In April/May put outdoor or G-house in natural light cycle. They chuck out preflowers within days and soon after that the first sign of buds. - By June/July however, they go back into veg, only to resume flowering sometime in september, finishing in late Oct into Nov.

Now this would be fine and dandy in a place with a dry autumn, but for wet areas it would be better for them to finish by late sept.

One option would be to pollinate the preflowers of the females when they first put them out in May (soon after putting them outdoor). This may keep them in flowering mode even in 18 hour days (?)...
Also it should not fill the buds with seeds as only the preflowers are pollinated.

Zitz

Thanks to Dubi for explaining the lineage of his lines in detail, I'm quite fed up of the various seed co's with their vague descriptions.

burningfire

Veteran
Thanks to Dubi for explaining the lineage of his lines in detail, I'm quite fed up of the various seed co's with their vague descriptions.

better vague than some made up mythical origin story involving an historical figure from the 14th century. Marco Polo definitely smoked this strain.

but yeah, I really like how ACE et Co. handle their business. much respect

Latest posts

Latest posts