What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MotherLode Gardens 2017

EasyGoing

Essential oils are rough on beneficial bugs.

I have been having great results using Grandevo and Venerate. I use a respirator, but I am sure a dust mask would be just fine. Then the last month or so I would switch back to essential oils. Once buds form, I would rather spray something that adds to the terps, like orange, lemon or tangerine essential oils.

redlaser

Veteran
Is anyone using venerate, grandevo, bt, etc. passing microbial testing on finished product?
I was listening to a podcast with Dennis Peron and he was saying they won't use those things beyond week two of flower so that they could pass testing. He works at the only licensed, fully organic cannabis grow in North America

PDX Dopesmoker

Diluted ethanol will hassle the mites without leaving any residue in the bud. If the ethanol is at less than vodka strength then it won't melt your trichomes either

EasyGoing

Is anyone using venerate, grandevo, bt, etc. passing microbial testing on finished product?
I was listening to a podcast with Dennis Peron and he was saying they won't use those things beyond week two of flower so that they could pass testing. He works at the only licensed, fully organic cannabis grow in North America

What exactly are they picking up that is failing? I have yet to personally get my product tested while using Grandevo and Venerate, but I am not sure what is on the SClabs detection list that these products might fail.............

I call bs, but up for the conversation.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
I was wondering the same thing. Agree with Easygoing it's probably too late to spray those things at this point

redlaser

Veteran
What exactly are they picking up that is failing? I have yet to personally get my product tested while using Grandevo and Venerate, but I am not sure what is on the SClabs detection list that these products might fail.............

I call bs, but up for the conversation.

I have never tested for microbial, only THC, CBD etc. I'll probably test this year because I used venerate as a preventative at week two of flower, and it would be interesting to see what shows up if anything.

The guy I was referring to, Dennis Peron, is in Canada, and he was saying it was Actinovate and compost teas that they use that can give false positives after two weeks of flower. Not sure the exact microorganism that is showing up.

It's interesting to hear how they stay all organic, especially with their IPM. It's all greenhouses and they use sulpher and ozone between runs, and good cleaning of course. Insect and mite control is done with several predatory insects and mites. He claims to have not used an insecticide in two years. He doesn't claim to have zero pest issues, but very little.

Here is where the podcast is that has Dennis speaking. There are about nine podcasts, three with Coot, one with Microbeman, Steve Solomon and a couple of other guys too. I've listened to them all and learned a few things.
https://www.kisorganics.com/pages/podcast

The place Dennis works at is Whistlermedicalmarijuana.com, Whistler Canada. He's the head Agrologist there.

EastBayGrower

Veteran
From what I gathered speaking with multiple dispensery buyers is that the labs can't differentiate from the good baccilus species (along with others) and the few bad ones (only an issue for patients with reduced immune systems ie AIDS) ...

Also there coliform bacteria in city water supplies which will fail also, ash from wildfires will cause a failure, ect.. I heard that only 12 out of 100 pounds tested pass microbial (and it's worse for outdoor obviously)

gorrira_grue

Your welcome. Yes seems to be Fusarium. It usually get worse. Make sure you discard plant material. Don't leave it laying around. It spreads viciously
Potassium Silicate slows it down.
I used bleach to treat infection sites topically. Saved 70% of my crop.
It is a strong oxidizer. Much better than H2O2.
I'll take you through it if you like.
Just helped another guy with fusarium wilt in Coco.
Man so much Fusarium this year?!

I would love to learn more about this.

Do you just dilute bleach in water and spritz the infected areas?

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Fusarium?

Fusarium?

Fusarium infested material will have a very distinct (not nice) smell.

Sclerotinia makes collar rot too, but makes a white mold instead, does not stink like Fusarium.

Both pathogens need an opening in the plant to enter, often caused by copper deficiency or excess salts or excess water, to penetrate into the plant. Many of these pathogens are present in ALL soils. It is the good biology that controls them.

There are two routes to go. Try to sterilize (bleach, copper, etc) or try to dominate (probiotics).

Pick your poison wisely.

How are the caterpillars at your place this year Shcrews? I have a bumper crop this season. I've sprayed BT as usual but it seems good old fashioned picking them fat bastards off by hand is most effective this year. They are always on the biggest colas too...uhgg. I wouldn't mind giving them some smaller lower nugs. Anyone else have more cats than usual this year?

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Im getting viciously raided by cats/worms this year. Its the worst Ive ever seen it!!! East Coast.
Picking them out by hand is doing the trick, but I got 60 from within the buds on a small plant before they cauzed any major damage.
Thats a whole lot of fkn worms!
This whole crop would probably be a total loss if I dont go every other day and look through each and every budsite. Takes hours and hours but is sooooo worth killing them all! Incredibly hard to find them too if theres no rot yet. Just open up your buds abit and follow the poop trail. :eek:

Top_shelf_farms

I found a couple patches of russet mites a few weeks ago too... I sprayed every inch of the garden with Dr. Zymes, then released a shit ton of adult swirskii mites and time release sachets from @naturalenemies.... I couldn't find one live russet after searching for hours after the Dr. Zymes...

Top_shelf_farms

Hoping all the predator Mites clean up.... the time release sachets were andersoni mites which keep feeding deep into October when Temps drop....

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
Im getting viciously raided by cats/worms this year. Its the worst Ive ever seen it!!! East Coast.
Picking them out by hand is doing the trick, but I got 60 from within the buds on a small plant before they cauzed any major damage.
Thats a whole lot of fkn worms!
This whole crop would probably be a total loss if I dont go every other day and look through each and every budsite. Takes hours and hours but is sooooo worth killing them all! Incredibly hard to find them too if theres no rot yet. Just open up your buds abit and follow the poop trail. :eek:

Just look for any type of twisting or different coloring on sugar leafs, open it open and there they will be. either up the bud or down the bud

Latest posts

Latest posts