What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Honduras sativa

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thank you so much for sharing such beautiful smoke report on Honduras and Honduras x Panama with your friend :smoke:
We at ACE love these type of sativas effects and we do our best to speak the word out loud although in a 'Cookies world' only a few listen and pay attention.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for your support Kiefcake much appreciated!

Take a look to the descriptions of each line included in the Breeders Pack and start the ones that motivate you the most or have more potential for your current projects.

If you ask me, i would start New Caledonia and the purple Colombian line from the Honduras pack.

Kiefcake

Thanks for your support Kiefcake much appreciated!

Take a look to the descriptions of each line included in the Breeders Pack and start the ones that motivate you the most or have more potential for your current projects.

If you ask me, i would start New Caledonia and the purple Colombian line from the Honduras pack.
I did take many looks at breeders description before ordering, and it only helped eliminate the rare one from being the 1st to start. I was leaning towards the Columbian line from the description

I very much appreciate the response, and your input greatly valued. I think from a practical standpoint, New Caledonia will be 1st, since i was only able to get 5 and not 10, I'll go ahead and start all 5, and then 4 columbians the following month. I run a perpetual setup, which really helps with patience on very long flowering ones, and most importantly on not having to do so much trimming at a time.

Cactus Squatter

If any of you haven’t run the Honduras yet and you have room for large, long flowering Sativas, run these ladies!!! They don’t grow dense buds but they do produce phenomenal smoke.

I still can’t get over how fast the green pheno knocks out headaches, migraines and especially menstrual cramps for women without putting them to sleep. The green pheno has been a huge life improvement for my wife and all of our friends.

The Purple Colombian pheno…
I always forget how good this one is and it just keeps getting better the longer it cures. All head. Like my entire skull is full of helium and rocket fuel but in a very pleasant soaring/floating kind of way. No other smoke I’ve had feels like this stuff. Even the small larf buds I saved from the bottom branches is an instant lift off.

wutwut

Veteran
420giveaway
If any of you haven’t run the Honduras yet and you have room for large, long flowering Sativas, run these ladies!!! They don’t grow dense buds but they do produce phenomenal smoke.

I still can’t get over how fast the green pheno knocks out headaches, migraines and especially menstrual cramps for women without putting them to sleep. The green pheno has been a huge life improvement for my wife and all of our friends.

I always forget how good this one is and it just keeps getting better the longer it cures. All head. Like my entire skull is full of helium and rocket fuel but in a very pleasant soaring/floating kind of way. No other smoke I’ve had feels like this stuff. Even the small larf buds I saved from the bottom branches is an instant lift off.
interesting. i am also suffering for migraine attacks and that terrible head pain. i've kept looking for right strain to cure it completely, but it's hard, because some strains might lose the potency after couple of times, and some might even trigger it worse. now i want to try this honduras sativa. thanks for sharing.

Cactus Squatter

interesting. i am also suffering for migraine attacks and that terrible head pain. i've kept looking for right strain to cure it completely, but it's hard, because some strains might lose the potency after couple of times, and some might even trigger it worse. now i want to try this honduras sativa. thanks for sharing.
The green pheno has been awesome for everyone I know for headache/migraine. Sometimes I’ll get that initial insane head explosion after a hit if I already have a bad one going, but it almost always knocks it back after a few minutes.
On a negative side though, the green pheno will actually give me a gnarly headache if I smoke a bunch of it all morning just getting baked on it. We really only use the green pheno medicinally anymore and it’s amazing for it.

F2F

The green pheno has been awesome for everyone I know for headache/migraine. Sometimes I’ll get that initial insane head explosion after a hit if I already have a bad one going, but it almost always knocks it back after a few minutes.
On a negative side though, the green pheno will actually give me a gnarly headache if I smoke a bunch of it all morning just getting baked on it. We really only use the green pheno medicinally anymore and it’s amazing for it.
As myself, family, and friends slide into the later years I’m paying attention more and more to this sort of perspective. Psychologically, I’m finding solace and inspirational creativity in cannabis these days - in youth it was “fun” and “sociable”.

Nowadays, euphoria, energy, calm, and expanded mindset are boxes to check personally. Occasionally pain relief or fatigue. With cancer and surgeries amongst my family & friends - I’m processing product to fit and help their needs, and thinking about specific strains. Bravo Cactus for your insights here!

Peace
F2F

Cactus Squatter

As myself, family, and friends slide into the later years I’m paying attention more and more to this sort of perspective. Psychologically, I’m finding solace and inspirational creativity in cannabis these days - in youth it was “fun” and “sociable”.

Nowadays, euphoria, energy, calm, and expanded mindset are boxes to check personally. Occasionally pain relief or fatigue. With cancer and surgeries amongst my family & friends - I’m processing product to fit and help their needs, and thinking about specific strains. Bravo Cactus for your insights here!

Peace
F2F
Honduras has been a phenomenal medicinal aid as has KaliChina for ptsd/mental trauma issues. At least the pheno I keep on hand.
Dubi and the ace crew have some true gems in their catalog that I’m so thankful to have been able to grow and experience.

Shua1991

My Golden Tiger pheno hunt was a success, I got a stable stress-resistant male and a few female plants I'll be growing again to finalize their selection for breeding with, including the "rotting meaty/foie gras" smelling phenotype.

Now I plan to go through 4 packs of the Honduras landrace, I'm looking for the phenotypes which express high b-caryophyllene, which apparently degrades under UV into skunky mercaptans. The old colombian phenotype should provide the proper building block to make a modern "skunk" with greater sativa influence, sadly upon research I learned that humulene aka a-Caryophyllene is less medicinally effective with less anti-inflammatory and neuro protective cb2 activity, so the skunkier, the less medicinal, select for one thing and lose the other in similar proportion, like cbd/thc ratios when regarding psychoactivity.

Perhaps my rotting meaty Golden Tiger pheno will serve as the mother plant to provide greater potency and the honduras will lock down certain terps/thiols while not degrading the pharmacological makeup I desire(anti inflammatory, anti-depressant sativa dominant). About a year+ ahead of me before I can determine which plants are which, but ace seeds always provides the goods!

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Exciting indeed Shua1991 ! Glad you are motivated to explore now in depth Honduras line after pheno hunting Golden Tiger ;)
If you are planning to go through 3-4 Honduras packs then I would highly recommend you to get Honduras Breeders Packs since it will increase your chances to find best expressions from each main phenotype and track better the linage of the Honduras plants and lines you are growing.

MrFancyPlants

Hello folks! It's really great hearing about everyone's positive experiences with this variety.

I've been growing out some progeny from the two best females out of a 12-seed pack, pollinated by a late flowering, purplish, stinky male from the same pack. This run is kind of a fun experiment, trying to observe how the male pairs with the two females, and generally see more of what is in the gene pool. I decided to run 11/13 light cycle from seed. This light cycle strategy succeeded at keeping 4/5 manageable; #2 in the back did not seem to care and her tippy tops are still stretching 3.5 months from seed. They were started in small nursery pots, then transplanted into a single large 25 gallon organic soil container about 4-5 weeks from seed. As they are all using the same soil, the variation in growth patterns may also provide clues about nutrient needs of the different phenotypes.

IMG_20220816_174338.jpg

#1 (H2xH4)​

The overall structure of the plant is similar to her father, while specifically flower structure also being very similar to her her mother, except for not having H2's thick stigmas. She is, at this stage, less resinous and less fragrant than her mother, and is a bit leafier. I think the soil may be a bit too rich in nitrogen for her.

IMG_20220816_173511.jpg

#2 (H2xH4)​

This phenotype, on the other hand, took all the extra N and an away with it. Looks very much like her mother, but again with smaller stigmas, and a loose, stretchy bud structure, similar to the more equatorial-leaning females I have seen. The stem rub is distinctly of her father, with a very loud chemical, sunscreen lotion feel; flowers smell like her mother's but not as strongly, but more complex, with a more pronounced fuel or fermented citric note.

IMG_20220816_173521.jpg
IMG_20220816_173542.jpg
`

#3 (H11xH4)​

On to the other mother, H11, a wild equatorial phenotype with loose, stretchy buds and a Mexican-leaning bouquet. The overall structure is similar to her father, if on a weaker frame; but the flowers don't look very much like her mother's, being much tighter, in fact being the most conventional looking of the group. The bouquet is somewhat unclear; it's somewhere on the Mexican side, with a more green woody aroma against a slight chemical/fuel note.

IMG_20220809_225951.jpg

#4 (H11xH4)​

Seems closest to her mother in terms of overall look and flower structure, but with a clear admixture of a phenotype I have not yet seen. Lanky, with flexible and floppy branches. Smell reminiscent of her mother, but with a slight note of incense to go along with the citric/fuel/woody combination.

IMG_20220816_172524.jpg
IMG_20220816_172642.jpg

#5 (H11xH4)​

The smallest plant of the bunch, she took the longest time to begin bulking up. Flower clusters look similar to her sister, #4, but much more compact. Very different smell, with a dominant incense and old wood component, clean, without the green funkiness or the loud top-end citric note of the other plants. It reminds me very much of Panama as well as one of the Killer A5s I grew recently.

IMG_20220816_172749.jpg
IMG_20220816_183905.jpg

Really looking forward to the end of the run. A few observations so far. I realize I don't have the numbers to make any conclusions, but it's fun to ponder these things anyway.
  • H11 was a very wild, stretchy phenotype. Interestingly, all three of her children are on the smaller side. Does the male help impart a smaller size, at least when grown at 11/13?
  • H2 has the thick stigma trait, similar to what was described by @dubi as the late-flowering phenotype. Neither of her daughters have it, so it is seemingly a recessive trait within the line.
  • The strong incense smell of #5 was a surprise, because both mothers fit the "Mexican" side of the bouquet range. Is the male responsible for this, or is there enough variation in the line for the different phenotypes to pop up seemingly out of nowhere?
Happy growing!

Attachments

• IMG_20220816_173459.jpg
    IMG_20220816_173459.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 75

Lebanizer

`
How does it compare to Panama ?

Cactus Squatter

Panama is a really refined, easily commercially viable sativa with consistent strong terpenes, denser bud structure (bag appeal kinda thing). I really like the Panama a lot. Good social smoke, great fishing smoke. Mellow but not couch locky.

Honduras is straight up old school. Loose/light buds but with good effect. The green pheno is really similar to a good old school “Mexican” I used to get as a kid, and the purple is a really heady soaring high. So far the Honduras has been consistent across different plants within the same pheno as far as smells, flavors and effects. One of my friends did have 1 green pheno that was pretty lackluster, but I honestly think a lot of that was on him with bad growing and timing on harvest.
We use the green Honduras to take care of menstrual cramps as well as migraines. It works really well on most headaches without causing the immediate heavy banging pain like some smoke does. Oddly enough though, just like the old school “mexican” I used to smoke, if I don’t have a headache and I smoke too much of the green pheno it will make my head buzz in a weird way and I’ll end up with a burning headache on comedown.
I usually smoke some of the purple when I want to listen to music or freak one of my friends out with a feeling they haven’t experienced with commercial stuff. It’ll sneak up out of nowhere and let you know you’re really head high. 😂

I’ve grown Panama indoors and out and find it super easy to grow in all aspects. She lets you know when she’s hungry and doesn’t care as much if you accidentally over feed.
Honduras I have only grown outdoors and not pushed feed wise. They get freaking massive fast. Both green and purple were freaking huge as is every Honduras cross I’ve grown. They just wanna be freaking trees.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts