What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
420giveaway
@Kiefcake , A simpler life is good!

I'm not sure about the minimum amount needed. I've read of people using really small amounts and getting good results.

I think that less than an ounce, especially if i's your first time is not good. Your going to like it and then be disappointed that you only have a little:ROFLMAO:

The first year I cobbed I made 4 cobs for myself totalling about 130g, second year 2/3 of my crop and this year every last gm is getting cobbed.

Tangwena

Veteran

I'm not sure about the minimum amount needed. I've read of people using really small amounts and getting good results.

I think that less than an ounce, especially if i's your first time is not good. Your going to like it and then be disappointed that you only have a little:ROFLMAO:

The first year I cobbed I made 4 cobs for myself totalling about 130g, second year 2/3 of my crop and this year every last gm is getting cobbed.
Yesterday my daughter came round with our 18 month old grandson.
I had been painting a bedroom all morning and had not chewed any cob as it didn't even occur to me to get high.
I was still high from the day before ha ha.
Anyway I was exhausted so at 2pm I chewed a Mulanje cob about 1/10g ha ha.
We had so much fun chasing each other around the house my wife said I was louder than the child ha ha.
My voice is a little hoarse this morning from all the screaming (me not him) ha ha.
Great pick me up in the lower doses just energizes me perfect for a boost at the end of the day ha ha.

Keif Cake

Veteran
Just got home and pulled these out the plastic, I think that did the trick this time! Much different taste to it now, it doesn't have the fuely Chem taste to it anymore like what's in the jar.

I haven't even smoked them, and I can tell they will be much better than your average run of the mill cannagar, and definitely much better than before.

That's what I was thinking, less than an ounce and it doesnt leave as many samples as you'd like. I'm sure I will work my way up to making more and more after having a stash of it.

And yes, a simpler life is very good! Just a couple years ago I was wasting my life away in restaurant management being miserable AF, working too many hours, not making enough money to justify spending the best years of your life for a little hope you may someday be able to enjoy it, but I've learned you have to take your time to enjoy it, nothing else is promised, not even tomorrow.

Attachments

• 20221201_155100.jpg
    20221201_155100.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 82

Lotto

Hombre, the Panama has never had that good lemon scent in 3 years growing it. Has not picked up much in the cob. The Kali China hybrid has got me puzzled. No smell after a few weeks in flower. Never grew a Kali that didn't have a great smell. I don't think a long cure will bring it out. Kinda of a dead smell, not pleasant. That was the main reason to cob it. I'll be a big believer in the process if the smells improve. Thanks for the support.
@Lotto ?, I don't have any C5H x KC, but if I did, then I would have tried some:ROFLMAO:

And I think you'll find that the 2 that you thought were too dry going into the sweat will be fine and that a long cure will bring out the magic in them.

What do they smell like?

RottyRzr

I couldn't agree more hash has done the same to me.
I dont like getting comatose you miss so much.

I chew the cobs I make to get things done around the house or to give me the desire to do anything at all really.
The cobs I have give me the energy and enthusiasm of a 17 year old thats the kind of high I'm looking for.

With the right plant grown well and cured properly I only use 0.1g thats 1/10th of a gram.
2/10th and I'm starting to trip.

When I say trip I mean a unique THC fueled trip unlike anything else its very seductive.

But first you have to cure it properly it takes a bit of practice so not everyone will master the art.
But those that do are in for a life changing experience. Its not for everyone but fills a niche market for those seeking more from their pot.
Tangwena, thanks for all your effort and sharing of this procedure. I cant wait to try my cob of the Killer A5 Haze but alas, I have to wait. Maybe Christmas will be a good time! My question this time is how do you use the 0.1-0.2 grams? Do you just leave it in your mouth like tobacco? Swallow it right away? Sorry for such basic questions but I've never tried the cobs. Just smoke and vape.
Thanks in advance

Tangwena

Veteran
Tangwena, thanks for all your effort and sharing of this procedure. I cant wait to try my cob of the Killer A5 Haze but alas, I have to wait. Maybe Christmas will be a good time! My question this time is how do you use the 0.1-0.2 grams? Do you just leave it in your mouth like tobacco? Swallow it right away? Sorry for such basic questions but I've never tried the cobs. Just smoke and vape.
Thanks in advance
I just chew it into dust until there is nothing left to chew.
Then wash whatever is left down with a glass of water or cup of tea.

The only problem I have is that the pieces are too small as I enjoy a good chew ha ha.
Anything over 2/10th of a gram is much more enjoyable as it takes longer to chew but I get so high I cant concentrate on chores I have to do ha ha.

I really enjoy chewing I have some flavorful cobs that I love the taste of but they are the strongest also.
If I want to trip out its fine I can chew to my hearts content and just leave reality behind ha ha.

From what I have read the Killer A5 Haze is very potent so should be a gas cobbed.
My current favorite cobs are very different in effects from each other.
One is like ecstacy all trippy and energetic with warm feelings of love for everyone.
The other is crazy energetic totally off my face I feel like I'm king of the world and super powerful physically and extroverted.
Like chalk and cheese in effects but I love them both just choose each to suite how I want to feel that day.

sneezydog

i just cut 6 sheep on some mulange cob, not a nick from the blade and im wishing i had more to do...such an immersive into life feeling, it definitely makes me more extroverted and chill at the same time. I can be a bundle of nerves. My lambsbread x ohaze was more magical.
this is very clear and like someone just turned up the lights. One special plant was amazing, it was also the heavily seeded one. Have to keep trying to pop, had bad storage.

And Lotto... smells will change insanely. have some basil and cheese smelling colombian red. crazy.

island_organics

The Panama x Pakistani cobs have been curing for a few weeks now. When opening them today they were stickier than last week with each cob needing to be peeled away from the bag like a piece of high quality hash. The aromas are developing nicely too with the two smaller cobs having a strong, sweet tea tree oil smell, and the bigger piece smelling like dark, dried fruits.
Both cobs have lost six grams of weight and are being dried for the last time now before being sealed up for ageing.
9C5A73C2-4499-4689-9923-88A96F86364B.jpeg
269A0ED2-F60D-4D66-AB00-4F0AC0E1F6A5.jpeg
DB98B4CC-DF9C-4B95-80E3-361764ADDC78.jpeg
A61081BD-BB36-4DC9-98B0-8D6B16121818.jpeg
F064FF5D-7860-4676-A4FF-C4BB6FBF3557.jpeg
9A4AF642-83D4-47EF-BA1E-594FD73A69FF.jpeg

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
420giveaway
The Panama x Pakistani cobs have been curing for a few weeks now. When opening them today they were stickier than last week with each cob needing to be peeled away from the bag like a piece of high quality hash. The aromas are developing nicely too with the two smaller cobs having a strong, sweet tea tree oil smell, and the bigger piece smelling like dark, dried fruits.
Both cobs have lost six grams of weight and are being dried for the last time now before being sealed up for ageing.
View attachment 18787903 View attachment 18787904 View attachment 18787905 View attachment 18787906 View attachment 18787907 View attachment 18787908
They look divine!

CDNINCA

Here's a few shots of my first attempt. The Malawi Gold that I plan to use for this was harvested a few days ago and is currently hanging to dry. As it has a ways to go before I can try this process with it I thought I'd give it a go on some of last years crop. I present to you some well-cured (65% RH) Saturn Citrus from Equilibrium Genetics. It's a cross of Super Lemon Haze (F) x African Orange (M) so I thought it would be interesting to try. It has oxidized somewhat while vacuum sealed and stored but the quality is completely there - great aroma, nice effect!

I wrapped them in corn husks - forgot to use the sushi roller so it's a little "lumpy". Next time, I'll tidy things up a bit, then into a sous vide bath for 12 hours. I thought I'd start there and see how things work out.

It's just come out of the bath and I guess it's time to open it up and dry it? I think it sweat - the look is different than when I put it into the bath at least? After drying with paper towel I will re-seal it and let it ferment somewhere warm for a week. If anyone has suggestions on how to proceed other than what I think I should do please let me know.

So interesting, enjoying the process! And, does it ever smell interesting! I think fermentation has begun.

Attachments

• IMG_0516 2.JPG
    IMG_0516 2.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0517 2.JPG
    IMG_0517 2.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0519 2.PNG
    IMG_0519 2.PNG
    403.4 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0522 2.JPG
    IMG_0522 2.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 54
Last edited:

Tangwena

Veteran
View attachment 18787903 View attachment 18787904 View attachment 18787905 View attachment 18787906 View attachment 18787907 View attachment 18787908
Nice cure man when I first saw the pics I thought it was one of mine ha ha.
Your doing a great job on the cure providing the original buds had strength the aged cobs will be a great chew the buzz should be awesome.
Or smoked if thats your pleasure nice job.