What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Tangwena

Veteran
Hello cobbers. I promised you some pictures.

View attachment 18778591
View attachment 18778592

Some stayed this light green color but most faded quickly. I made 16 small cobs. 4 to 10 g. Some were almost dry enough to smoke. The later ones were pretty wet after just 2 days drying. All popcorn buds.

I kept adding to the warm box at 36 °C, so some stayed there for 11 days, some for 4 days and the last one just for 24 hours. This one is the only one that developed visible condensate in the bag. It smelled the strongest when opened.

I decided to switch off the heating and keep them at room temperature from now on. I will take all cobs out of their bags for inspection and dry for a day.

Fun project so far. The bigger and juicer the cobs, the more fun it is.

This is the last one I made:

View attachment 18778593 View attachment 18778597
View attachment 18778601

Made from this:

View attachment 18778603

I wish everybody happy curing.
cool experiment now just give them time to cure and remember to take notes on what happened to each package.
If your anything like me 6 months later I cant remember whats what ha ha.

Tangwena

Veteran
Ive been reading through this thread and planned to try making a cob or two when my plant is harvested. I am puzzled however when I read of those that chew on the cob and get high. I thought weed had to be decarbed before THCA gets converted to THC in order to get high. How can this happen with the cobs when Im not seeing the temperatures required for this to happen?
I do apologize for my rant yesterday. I have been laying wood flooring for 3 days and many more to come and the glue is starting to freak me out big time ha ha.
I have a respirator ect but still get headaches from it at the end of the day. Whenever I take headache pills I get crazy.
Add to that no cob for 3 days and its not a good mix ha ha.
I tried it high but production was lower as I kept finding better things to do ha ha.

Calle Minogue

Brother of the COB
B1EB1F91-4DAB-40EA-A3CC-DCE0B8E29415.jpeg

2 Weeks of cure now. Today I will do my last cob for this season. Keep you updated.

revegeta666

I do apologize for my rant yesterday. I have been laying wood flooring for 3 days and many more to come and the glue is starting to freak me out big time ha ha.
I have a respirator ect but still get headaches from it at the end of the day. Whenever I take headache pills I get crazy.
Add to that no cob for 3 days and its not a good mix ha ha.
I tried it high but production was lower as I kept finding better things to do ha ha.
Ranting in a cannabis forum? Never heard that one before. I certainly haven't ever done it myself 🙄😂

Here are my 2 little Zamal x Jamaica cobs by the way, just opened them after 1 week at 30°C. They smell heavenly but there hasn't been a dramatic change in smell since I opened them after the 24h sweat.
IMG_20221107_112109.jpg

IMG_20221107_112655.jpg

I tried to take some macros but they didn't come out that great. In person you can see a lot of sugary crystals moving them under the light.
IMG_20221107_112356.jpg

IMG_20221107_112348.jpg

IMG_20221107_112250.jpg

What do you guys think? Are they ready for long-term storage at room temperature? Or should I keep them in the warm Tupperware a little longer?

Tangwena

Veteran
Ranting in a cannabis forum? Never heard that one before. I certainly haven't ever done it myself 🙄😂

Here are my 2 little Zamal x Jamaica cobs by the way, just opened them after 1 week at 30°C. They smell heavenly but there hasn't been a dramatic change in smell since I opened them after the 24h sweat.
View attachment 18778767
View attachment 18778768

I tried to take some macros but they didn't come out that great. In person you can see a lot of sugary crystals moving them under the light.
View attachment 18778769
View attachment 18778770
View attachment 18778771

What do you guys think? Are they ready for long-term storage at room temperature? Or should I keep them in the warm Tupperware a little longer?
Totally awesome and ready for the long cure they are going to be sticky chiko rolls by Christmas.
AND crystals are a sure sign of magic dust brother they should be extra trippy chewed over Christmas.

island_organics

Cool thread @Tangwena. My first attempt at cob curing using 36 grams of Panama x (Bubbahash x pck) with about 70% moisture after four days of drying. This plant is Panama dominant with lemon, vanilla and incense aromas and a little bit of sweet fruity terps from the Pakistani.
I wrapped the cob tightly in parchment paper and then an oven bag, and let it sweat for 24 hours on a heat mat. It felt slightly moist when opened up today but no visible condensation in the bag. The smell was incredible though… very pungent with a more pronounced sweetness to it. It’s now vacuum sealed and curing.
3FB7911B-B8C2-4E7B-83F4-8687F21D9D7B.jpeg
5EB8C361-A4B7-4BA0-B3B5-6A6E1449C7AC.jpeg
FC5F791E-7985-4259-A51B-CB94CFDE3D6F.jpeg
E740B4FA-098E-449B-BB67-6FC82B32717F.jpeg
6354422C-B8D0-42E0-8C77-32A7F02EF0E2.jpeg
9A81DDBD-B60D-4ACC-B75F-C5C35E122648.jpeg

island_organics

Excellent Island-Organics. Those buds looks really nice and so do the cobs.

When you wrapped them in paper did you wrap them tight with twine to compress them?

The color of the cobs is cool looking are marbled with the colors of the buds.
i did'nt use any twine, just wrapped very tightly with the parchment paper and then with an oven bag. The cobs are very dense as they are and if necessary i'll pack them a little tighter when i seal them back up in a week.

Tangwena

Veteran
Cool thread @Tangwena. My first attempt at cob curing using 36 grams of Panama x (Bubbahash x pck) with about 70% moisture after four days of drying. This plant is Panama dominant with lemon, vanilla and incense aromas and a little bit of sweet fruity terps from the Pakistani.
I wrapped the cob tightly in parchment paper and then an oven bag, and let it sweat for 24 hours on a heat mat. It felt slightly moist when opened up today but no visible condensation in the bag. The smell was incredible though… very pungent with a more pronounced sweetness to it. It’s now vacuum sealed and curing.
View attachment 18778838 View attachment 18778839 View attachment 18778840 View attachment 18778841 View attachment 18778842 View attachment 18778843
That looks divine my friend loud terps and colorful cobs are a good indication of future excellence thats the kind of colors I like to see at this stage.
By Christmas they should be incredible.

Tangwena

Veteran
Excellent Island-Organics. Those buds looks really nice and so do the cobs.

When you wrapped them in paper did you wrap them tight with twine to compress them?

The color of the cobs is cool looking are marbled with the colors of the buds.
Some of the best cures are not highly compressed there is more than one way to skin a cat so they say.
But I find it easier if you have killed them first they are too agile while still kicking ha ha.

RyanR

Can anyone explain to me the point of doingsmashing the bud and trichomes? Couldn't this be done by lightly packing a jar and storing in the same conditions.

Latest posts

Latest posts