What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trick my Pod - The complete Aeroponics primer

Pod Racer

It is the shiznit

It is the shiznit

Unfortunately I have to break it down here shortly and move it to another location. However I am a true pod racer. I am always looking at things thinking, "Can I use that to grow in?"

:bashhead:

But that is half the fun.

And yes, the 'Green Cylinder' is a Vapolution Vaporizer — the best in the biz in my opinion. Got turned on to it by a good buddy of mine (nod to bV.) and life has never been sweeter.

Though as you can see, I'm always trying to do myself in. The glass I have is a sweet ass bong that rolls perfect hits — adding the vapor to it just increased its power.

adding a stem full of fresh herb just adds nitro to the rig...and I am outta here. :biglaugh:

2is250

Pod Racer I know that you are very knowledgeable on many levels.... Do you mind taking a look on my thread that says "Help ASAP" for some answers as to what is going on with a grow. I saw you bring back some clones that you had a bad time with.

BlindDate

Veteran
This thread will end up like all of his threads. He has probably killed his plants by now and cannot continue to post the virtues of the "system" out of shame.

The guy is no grower, and worse, he won't take advice. Once the "Pod" flips to flower, it's all over.

Sad...so sad.

I posted this on 6-30-2007. So where were the pictures of that last grow Pod? What were the GPW numbers?

I hate always being right.

Last edited:

Pod Racer

Its all about Hybrids nowadays

Its all about Hybrids nowadays

Sure thing M8. Be there in a jiffy.

Blindcrate - I do believe I've already posted pictures after 6-30, try opening your eyes a bit. And the GPW is up your ass where your head is most the time. I'm sure you can see for yourself. :headbange

And for the last time, seriously tard, IT WASN'T A TAG GROW!

So there are no virtues to exonerate. This tread is about tricking pods out, not the How To that I've done about 6 times on this site alone. Put down the glue and pick up a clue my blind tool. You are just making an ass of yourself — again. :spank:

I don't do the show and tell, I'm not 5. :laughing: However, let us just say I don't have to beg my friends for lovin' anymore. :jump: I've gotten through about 8 plants on in that closet so far. Not in a hurry.

But getting back to my latest contribution to the tread (notice the word contribution) here are some shots of the inflatable pod.

Again, not a TAG this too is a Hybrid of misters and high pressure delivery, trying to see the difference in the roots and growth and bud development. So far, huge difference...obviously.

They are flowering on their own currently, I am going to be transferring them into pods at another location shortly. As you can see the roots are the same in all FAG (Faux Aero) or Low Pressure, though this is using a 45 psi pump, however I'm using spinners and misters rather than foggers to see if there is a perceivable difference.

And there was a request for more detailed shots of the rig. It is only about 1/3 full. Lots of open slots.

Last edited:

Pod Racer

Ain't nothin' special, just my bud.

Ain't nothin' special, just my bud.

How abouts one more, eh?

Last edited:

Boerman

Pod - Those spinners look exactly like the ones I am using. I can tell you from experience that you are making a mistake having them upside-down. When rightside up, they float on the stream of water as they spin when the pump is on. Upside down they will usually work, but sometimes they will jam. If they jam in just the right spot, parts of a plant's roots won't get enough water. If you don't happen to notice in time, your plants are going to suffer. When it happened to me, at first I thought it was a nute/pest problem and started treating it that way because because I knew I had enough pressure and a spot check of misters showed them to be working. After I found the real problem and re-did the misters to be positioned upright, I have never had that problem. Hope it all works out for you.

I like the use of the wood molding for support on top. I've had the problem of sagging, myself, and had been thinking about support from the bottom. But I like your idea better.

B

Last edited:
Hey Pod, How is everything?
That vapor jack is cool, Ill make one when I can. The buds are nice too, alot of crystals, cant wait to have kind bud.

Im getting hammered in school, its been a while since my last studies, so getting used to studying 5-6 hours daily has not been easy. The worst part is that my plants are suffering total neglect. They have outgrown the temp setup I had so, Im trying to make a final ez cloner to keepem alive. I will post this weekend for sure.

I still don't understand why your posts are so controversial, I guess innovative people will always find resistance, its a natural behavior. People are so afraid of change that they turn to old geezers in no time :laughing:

Hey BlindDate, some things never change...
Im ColombianGold, a Colombian who is bored of the tons of brickweed found here that Im building a TAG grow. I know TAG has its advantages and disadvantages but its completely proven by several users not just Pod, I can show you. You are correct the switch throws things of a bit, in some cases it ****s your grow, but Im not going to quit with one little problem i cant fix, I leave that for the pussies. Its just getting the hang of it.
Regarding your post GPW is a true a measure of efficiency but its a bit unprecise. The real one is GPW/year or per month. Time matters ALOT, GPW can give good numbers but I've seen people take the whole year just to get them, one year per grow, thats funny.
If we compare other systems to TAG in GPW, I guess TAG will lose, but if we add time, believe me there wont be competition. Im planning on harvesting every 6 weeks, not because I want to, because I've seen it.
The other things is costs, its takes less resources than any other system.
Anyways if you don't like it just use your system and leave this to us.

Later
CG

Pod,

Some questions for ya, thanks for the info.
How did it go with the direction of your misters?
Do you have any horizontal ones in this setup?

Whats your view on the direction used?

Peace
CG

BlindDate

Veteran
Regarding your post GPW is a true a measure of efficiency but its a bit unprecise. The real one is GPW/year or per month. Time matters ALOT, GPW can give good numbers but I've seen people take the whole year just to get them,

Sorry,,,I was assuming that most plants flower in 8 weeks and we already consider SOG veg times.

So there are no virtues to exonerate. This tread is about tricking pods out,

So then, what is the purpose to "trick a pod out" if not to increase productivity?
You might just as well be growing in dirt. GPW is everything! Your problem has always been results not test.

Last edited:

Pod Racer

Ain't no grower

Ain't no grower

I think I'll change my monicur to NoGrower. I like that...lol

As for the misters, I have them upside down because I had to attach the pvc to the underside of the table. I'm using a 200 mesh filter so I'm hopeful they'll hold, and I'm also using the static misters (no spinning parts) there are enough that the vapor fills the entire area - so even if some stop up, I'm ok for now.

I actually had another breakout of PM, this room is shit for humidity and heat...I'm sure its been flooded many times in the past. However a mix of SM-90, H202 and H2O did an excellent job of clearing it right up. We are floating at around 600 ppms right now and they have all started to flower under their own desire. They have never gone more than 6 hours in the dark since being cloned. But I think my 600 had something to do with it. You can see the roots are very NOT TAG. I think that it says it all. The plants are still very healthy and growing strong and the laterals are getting some Aero mist as I am running at 45 psi (another anti-clogging measure). I need to get them into their new homes ASAP (which will be smaller quad pods in a plywood only environment ...no more carpet)

I'm going to be moving these plants and breaking this down for another install - with TAG Foggers...yes it does make a difference I found. :yes:

BD - NO, it is about tricking your rig— not production. Just because a car is tricked out with a monster soundsystem and ground effects doesn't make it go faster or save more money on gas. It is just a cool ass ride.

Tricking a Pod is about Tricks for problems or new ideas that might or might not work. This isn't a "I can net you a lbs of nugs per plant" thread or even a TAG How To.

Just a place for My buds and I to enjoy talking shop - not shit. :wave:

Last edited:

whereisbrianV.

Well Hello..................

I see that all is well in our home for "useless" coalition, I think it is time for me to post my last grow so we can roll right into my new.

I LOVE building TAG rigs. They are so easy and flexible you can make any space produce. This is number 4 for me and it gets better every time. This will be the best rig yet.

I am off now back to my paper and pencil!

hey

hey

hey Pod, how is everything? :wave:
any additions to the rig?
just a quick not to say hi.

I was not expecting that I would have no time at all for my plants so im on satndby for a couple of weeks.
Although one curious thing, my bag seed plants are looking nice, even though I havent added one drop of nuts nor checked ph or ec, it grows like weed!

later man

hgtv

no kidding where are you pod?

I am building a set up using something different on a larger scale
using 6 commercial sized HDPE bins that are 47x42x29

you can find them at melmatdotcom then click on Material Handling bins
they do make a 48x48x29, but they don't make lids for that size, so I am going to use the 47x42's for my project.

at first I was planning to put 64 units per bin, drilling holes into the lid itself.
but am rethinking of doing 36-40 slots per bin, x 6 bins under 2x1000w lights

I got pretty much everything except the bins, and should be here in the next couple of weeks.

the bins themselves are pricey, about 350$ each, and lids are 110 each, but strong and study and should last several years.

once i get everything I'll probably start a project thread. showing the build and hopefully good results.

hgtv

Hi Pod Racer.

Hope your father gets well soon! I went thru something similair recently, my father had a stroke 4 months ago, very stressful times indeed, I wish the best for your father, and hope you come back soon!

Pod Racer

Thanks all, I'll be back on once I get him through the install of his new fibrulator. He is going to be alright, just a lot of crisis and stress as mentioned. Thanks all for the support, its at times like these that we should appreciate what we have and the ones we treasure. Thanks for making my experience here enjoyable. Peace out.

Villain

Pod Racer I have a few questions I need to ask you dude.

1. Will this pump work well and do I need to add anything to it besides a transformer?
2. If it will work ok how do I regulate the psi to ~60?
3. I am using 1"OD PVC and plan on buying either misters or foggers, which do you suggest for that pump?

I have so many more questions to ask and not enough time geez what am I gonna do lol. Maybe we can use MSN Msg to talk back and forth on the fly... these forums can be very slow sometimes. Thank you

Last edited: