What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

H3ad goes Coco

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
The difference between us BV... is that I've been figuring out what the plants need for years, then I use the calculator to see what that is... you have a preconcieved set of 'ideal' numbers in your head that you would like plants to prefer, but you've never grown a cannabis plant and have no practicle proof to back your math. As a non cannabis grower... why do you spend so much time here trying to get others to conduct your experiments on their plants?

HEY HEAD!!!!!

HEY HEAD!!!!!

WHEN YOU SAY 1g/GAL IS THST 1 GRAM???
SO YOU JUST USE 3PART GH BUT YOU DONT USE THE GROW DURING FLOWERING?
ALSO HAVE YOU EVER USED CUTTING EDGE OR HEARD OF IT??
ALSO HOW CAN YOU TELL THE N K MG LEAVES IN YOUR WATER WHAT DO YOU USE???
MAN TRYING TO LEARN IT MY TEACHER FROM LAYTONVILL PASSED NOW I'M TRYING TO FIND NEW HELP......

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
h3ad
Howzit brother...? Hope all is well the name sugaree fits perfect.. Cos its defintely sugaree on them thar leaves.. She look superb h3ad... bbl peace..

sack

G

just wanted to let u know Grat3 that cloning is coco is awsome, got roots in 9 days from a strain i heard from others that was hard to clone. all i did was went the coco really good at first, take my cuts and scrape the ends, then put it in a dome. never had to water again.

thanx man

2ezy

I'M EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After reading this thread from start to finish I'm now going to switch to coco.

I have some Casey beans that are getting lonely..

GH, I really like your view; The plant comes before the calculator, not the calculator before the plant..Oh and sweet looking ladies too mate:)

NOFpuXnk

hi grat3fulh3ad,
nice freakin grow u got here..
the thread too very informative
im gonna go read the rest of your threads..
ill throw you some K's for all this work on the posting...
later,
pux

JITAMON

aloha!

aloha!

GRAT3FULH3AD, I DID READ YOUR POST AND I NOTICE THAT YOU DONT TRIM OFF THE SUCKERS DOWN LOW,ANY REASON FOR THIS?. damn cap locks.lol .i notice my plants have the same profile as yours. I was wondering if you have dialed in the trim vs. no trim? :rasta: i'm an outdoor turned indoor refugee.FUCKIN DRUG WAR!! I never trimed till now. i just like the way your plants look thats why I asked. :joint: ALOHA.

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
I do trim some of them, but get lazy at times... the main result I see from leaving them is more material for the bubble bags :wink:

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
OK guys... time for an update... been running the GH in coco for a bit now, and have made a couple of slight changes...

I'm now running the 6 and 9 ratio up to the first third of 12/12, then 6 and 12 for 1 week, then just 9ml/gal bloom with no micro up until the last three weeks, which are just distilled water...

I'm sacrificing some of the yield for an improvement in the flavor and burn of the final product...

J

JimmynitZ

Hey bro!:wave:
I'm just loving the recent move I made to coco :smile: The growth rate and rooting blows soil out of the water! I did my homework before I started...checking n-p-k's and ppm's of different coco-specific nutes..along with people's own recipes here on IC and web searches. Most of what I have based my nute regiment and amounts is on info from Canna's site, and Lucas's 1st post in this Sticky in the Hydro forum...http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=21119 Plus, you have to love Cannastat's nute calculator....a very big help.
Like you Grat3ful, I'm basing my nute profile on fertilizers that I already have. With different combinations of Fox Farm Grow Big and Tiger Bloom,(Acckkk!) I can get the numbers pretty damn close. The only problem is all the friggen Arsenic in the Grow Big....10 ppms I believe:no: The Tiger Bloom is not that bad. Good News: I just found out that my local hydro store will be carrying House and Garden fertilizers....I'm sure I'll be picking up the Coco A+B when it comes in, along with some pk 13/14.:D

Jimmy's gone Coco too!!! :headbange

M

Mr. Nevermind

Jimmy's gone Coco too!!!

Welcome to the club. Nevermind just switched to Cococ as well. This thread is what sparked my initial interest then i read up in the rest of the coco forums. I have always respected any input from Grat3ful due to his being so humble and just trying to grow good pot, so watching him switch to coco really opened up my eyes.

I did order the canna coco A & B nutes as well as PK 13-14 to make my life a bit easier. Looks like a good club to be in, the coco club. I like the company here, first grat3ful, now Jimmy!! Nice club i gotta say

Nevermind

PS : Jimmy i cannot say enough good things about that Sour slut of yours you did years ago. Great cross bro

G

JimmynitZ said:
Hey bro!:wave:
I'm just loving the recent move I made to coco :smile: The growth rate and rooting blows soil out of the water! I did my homework before I started...checking n-p-k's and ppm's of different coco-specific nutes..along with people's own recipes here on IC and web searches. Most of what I have based my nute regiment and amounts is on info from Canna's site, and Lucas's 1st post in this Sticky in the Hydro forum...http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=21119 Plus, you have to love Cannastat's nute calculator....a very big help.
Like you Grat3ful, I'm basing my nute profile on fertilizers that I already have. With different combinations of Fox Farm Grow Big and Tiger Bloom,(Acckkk!) I can get the numbers pretty damn close. The only problem is all the friggen Arsenic in the Grow Big....10 ppms I believe:no: The Tiger Bloom is not that bad. Good News: I just found out that my local hydro store will be carrying House and Garden fertilizers....I'm sure I'll be picking up the Coco A+B when it comes in, along with some pk 13/14.:D

Jimmy's gone Coco too!!! :headbange

what took ya so long ? lol

the h&g ferts are some of the best available ,if i hadnt got access to canna thats who i'd use ,i use h&g multizym and its great shit

good luck in ya new venture and welcome to the elite growers elite way of growing :headbange
:wave:

Frog

:wave: Thanks Grat3fulh3ad. :lurk: This thread has got me to try coco also. I will be following your lead and look forword to seeing the results for myself.
To late for this years greenhouse harvest, but started some indoors to play with and get use to. Just got some of Rez's Chemdog D x SDIBL that will be the next to try in the coco. I also will be useing the GH nutes, so this thread is right up my ally.

G

great thread Mr G .

thanks for sharing the finer details , it s very helpfull .

WAMEN

Joint Date: Today.
Veteran
COCO is conquering the world! lol good job H3ad .. looking forward to some Primo budshots.. peace

gregor_mendel

High, Grat3fulh3ad. Your feeding regimen intrigues me.

High, Grat3fulh3ad. Your feeding regimen intrigues me.

How do you avoid deficiency going 4+ weeks using a solution without micronutrients? Do plants store enough in tissue to go this long?
Finally, what percentage of yield lost would you estimate?

I am about to do my first full run in coco (already switched mothers from ebb and flow with hydroton) using flora nova bloom, but I may pick a plant to give your regimen.

I honestly have never been able to tell the difference in my own flushed product versus unflushed, but I've never flushed for 3 weeks, either.

thanks for sharing your work

gregor_mendel

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
How do I avoid micronute deficiency?
Several factors...
first off, like you mention, is the nutrient stored in the plant...
Second, the nutrient cations held by the coco...
Third, the plants don't need loads of micros or nitrogen to swell and ripen flowers...

Arrived at the timing thru Trial and error, and collaboration with others I consider expert GH growers... Leaving the Micro in the mix any longer, I can tell it's still there in the smoke...

Properly flushing necessitates using up as much of the nutrient as possible that the plant has stored, so you have to time the removal of an element based on the time it takes the plant to metabolize all of it's stores...

As far as yield 'losses'... I'd say 10%... but that's somewhat an illusion as well, since I'd much rather have 10% less of a clean burning top notch product, than a few extra ounces of a throat burning harshness...

Latest posts

Latest posts