What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Need help with plants Clawing!

dede1108

I am growing autoflowers in peat moss vermiculite mix. They started in organc seed mix and I added peat moss later on. All 5 are in 2 gallon smart pots and have been fed flora series at a PH of 6.3-6.5. Run off seems very low in the .5 range. Looking at the pictures, can someone advise on what to do to help them grow better. Light schedule is 20/4 and temps range from 75-85. There are 2 300W led grow lights and they are 3 weeks old

Attachments

• IMG_1772.jpg
    IMG_1772.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1773.jpg
    IMG_1773.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1774.jpg
    IMG_1774.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1776.jpg
    IMG_1776.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1777.jpg
    IMG_1777.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 7

Yormom

Dede

Dede

Hey Dede
It looks like too much water and too much nitrogen.
I would keep watering at 6.5 pH and no nutrients for at least one or two waterings.
Let your soil dry out a little. You can stick your finger in the soil and the first 2 inches should be dry before watering also pick the containers up and feel thier weight.
I would recommend a different soil mix next time.
I like Coco loco because it can be watered every day and still not show signs of over watering.
I bake any soil at 250 in a large pot in the oven for one hour or more. This will kill any bugs, it's time consuming but we'll worth it.
I always start my plants on quarter strength of recommended nutrients and work my way up to half or with some plants full strength.
Also, until your plants look better try lowering your light schedule to 18 on 6 off.
Good luck

dede1108

Update:

Update:

Here is an update on how they are doing. I watered with no nutrients at a PH of 6.5 a few days ago

Attachments

• IMG_1793.jpg
    IMG_1793.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 7

DjKinetics

I get "the claw" when the led is too close to the plants after raising the led it seems to stop further clawing.