What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Haze at the moment?

too-dope

I don't think you can go wrong with the mango haze. I'd like to grow that one sometime in the future. Currently I'm growing Chimera's haze x ss, 'Simply Irresisitible'. I have two different phenotypes. One that is haze leaning and one that appears to lean towards the ss. There is quite a bit of info on it in the Chimera/Breeders Retail forum which is why I chose that one. The incense trait seems to be expressed quite often in this line. I'm getting a mix of menthol/incense from the haze pheno at 29 days flowering and incense/tropical sweetness from the ss leaner at 38 days. So far I'm pretty happy with the SI.

Haze is not what I'm most familiar with (more sour, og, gg4 type buds come around my way), but I am running Chimera's simply irresistible. FYI - Chimera's incense haze is the mom, so that isn't out in seed form, but he has crossed it to his jack, sweet skunk, chemdog (chimera selction), and blockhead. I've smoked on some I ran previously, and it is hands down the best Haze I've smoked in years, and with my most recent run it looks like I'm finally treating her the way she wants. If you want more updates when I harvest and smoke, I can pop back in

Here's some photos at day 67 I think, I've taken her at 12 weeks but this one might go longer

View Image View Image View Image

Dope. I hope mine turn out that well. I'll be looking forward to your updates.

Robney

I don't think you can go wrong with the mango haze. I'd like to grow that one sometime in the future. Currently I'm growing Chimera's haze x ss, 'Simply Irresisitible'. I have two different phenotypes. One that is haze leaning and one that appears to lean towards the ss. There is quite a bit of info on it in the Chimera/Breeders Retail forum which is why I chose that one. The incense trait seems to be expressed quite often in this line. I'm getting a mix of menthol/incense from the haze pheno at 29 days flowering and incense/tropical sweetness from the ss leaner at 38 days. So far I'm pretty happy with the SI.

Dope. I hope mine turn out that well. I'll be looking forward to your updates.

If I recall correctly ss has nl x haze in it, if not being just a special phenotype of nl x haze entirely, so some of the thinner leaved phenos will be ss leaners. The one I showed has a lemon incense funk to it, I also have another one that is just straight incense, but she's veggin and chillin till I got her backed up proper. Just take care of them and you'll have some amazing smoke

Paddi

GanjaGrower
Veteran
My Nevilles Haze
(FreeBee from Seedsman)
Someone told me, it´s just like mr. nice´s

I´mreally looking forward to smoke her :smoker:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

growthread here:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=339007&page=8

P :smoke:

Robney

Looks real nice Paddi, what day of flowering are you on and how long do they usually go for?

Robney

Only two more weeks? I'm not familiar with nevils, but to me that plant looks like it could go a longer than just two weeks (just from seeing some bunches of long white pistils), do you usually take her at this time?

Paddi

GanjaGrower
Veteran
Only two more weeks? I'm not familiar with nevils, but to me that plant looks like it could go a longer than just two weeks (just from seeing some bunches of long white pistils), do you usually take her at this time?
You are right.
Pics are a week old and I was thinking 2 weeks from today.
In two weeks she is 15 weeks.

Straininfo says 112 days. I´ll have to wait and see how she will grow.
Things have speeded up the last week ;)

P :smoke:

Last edited:

too-dope

If I recall correctly ss has nl x haze in it, if not being just a special phenotype of nl x haze entirely, so some of the thinner leaved phenos will be ss leaners. The one I showed has a lemon incense funk to it, I also have another one that is just straight incense, but she's veggin and chillin till I got her backed up proper. Just take care of them and you'll have some amazing smoke

Thanks for the info. I thought I remember reading that ss could be a haze variety itself though I wasn't sure. I'll try to get some better photos of the two I have to compare.

oldbootz

Veteran
I'll be running some Seedsman Sugar haze. Supposed to Colombian Red x Haze, so we'll see. I grew lots of Colombian Red back in the day, and it was good stuff. Hopefully I find something worth keeping.

I did do some research on this one. Looks like that plants that are coming out recently are very indica looking and finish around 55 days.

No doubt its probably going to be very tasty but I'm looking for something that will give me a long sativa like high preferably with typical haze terps. I think its going to be extremely rare to find a 55 day plant with these qualities. Perhaps 14+ weeks would do the job. At the same time I also have no patience for any plant that looks like it will go 19+ weeks with wispy hay buds. Got to find that middle ground :)

WelderDan

Veteran
I did do some research on this one. Looks like that plants that are coming out recently are very indica looking and finish around 55 days.

No doubt its probably going to be very tasty but I'm looking for something that will give me a long sativa like high preferably with typical haze terps. I think its going to be extremely rare to find a 55 day plant with these qualities. Perhaps 14+ weeks would do the job. At the same time I also have no patience for any plant that looks like it will go 19+ weeks with wispy hay buds. Got to find that middle ground :)

55 days does not sound right. While the Red we got did have big fat fan leaves, it was no 55 day plant. It got pretty tall and outdoors it didn't finish until mid November at least. And crossed with a supposed pure Haze should add more time to that...

I dunno. I got a couple that just sprouted. I'll know whats up when they get some size on them. We grew lots of Colombian and Mex and I'm familiar with what they look like.

Time will tell. They were free, so I can't complain.

Ncali

Veteran
G `day OB

Nevil`s / Mango is a goodn too .
If growing Haze indoors . Take clones and flower them . Faster finish from a mature mother .

Selection hunt . Find a good one and there`s nothing like it for head buzz .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Id just like to give a +1 to this, Elmer. She's good, and reasonably strong. In my experience to what i've found so far, NHM is not as strong as the pure electric Nevil's (which I cant find clones of:shucks:) but I did find a nice NHM with strong mango/fruit smell & good happy/up effect. I have like 3 more packs still to grow through, and I've found the MNS haze girls to be a bit more touchy than your average sativa hybrid. I really like Skunk Haze from MNS too, but I know a lot of people have something against dutch skunks.

I know a lot of folks have claimed the haze seeds available have degraded in quality the past few years, but what I've found is these girls do punish inexperience/mistakes/miscalculations almost instantly with stress onset hermaphroditic growth. Too small a pot? Herm. Over nute? Herm. Light issue? Herm. And so on and so forth haha. Its probably safe to assume that in probably all haze genetic pools the hermphrodisim genetics are in there somewhere, its just a matter of not triggering them...

I guess what I'm getting at is get a good source, mns, tom hill, ace/cbg OTH, chimera, whomever and just do your homework. Get your grow tight, ive seen a few grows here and elsewhere where some folks get upset because there are failures, and yeah thats frustrating. I just buy more beans and keep plugging away at the girls, chuck the boys, ruthless in culling the weak, non-smelly, grassy types... Work at it, these arn't easy girls in my short & humble amount of experience. But they can be rewarding. Just wanted to share my :2cents: before the "haze is trash now" nonsense starts haha

:tiphat:NC

Last edited:

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G `day Nc

I remember Nevil saying the cup winner SSH came from a batch of SSH that weren`t keepers .
1 outstanding individual out of many .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
more generations you go with nevilles, more its northern light dominant :D so homework with nevilles is useless ...

i would not say its degradation, its time its simply gone as it was all polyhybrids to bring commercial type of haze hybrid to the market, with no intention for further breeding, if you want something good as nevilles from 90s, you need to cross it with soemting else liek Neville did..with MM or Oaxaca..

cheers.

Elmer Bud

Veteran
more generations you go with nevilles, more its northern light dominant :D so homework with nevilles is useless ...

i would not say its degradation, its time its simply gone as it was all polyhybrids to bring commercial type of haze hybrid to the market, with no intention for further breeding, if you want something good as nevilles from 90s, you need to cross it with soemting else liek Neville did..with MM or Oaxaca..

cheers.

G `day MK

I dunno if the Nevil`s Haze outcrosses were a success , where are they now ?
What keeper cuts are in circulation ?

The Mullum crossed to Af/ SK x NL / Afg and Mullum / Kariba are still around .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
i think that nevs21xmm were success. but i didint grow it, i have to rely on info from other haze growers. i believe them, they are dedicated... some of them were talking very highly about it, its on my list. you grow some? you wastn satisfied? prefer current mns offerings over it?

floating cuts.. not sure if its real sign of quality.. i have tom hill haze cuts, that are better than any ssh cut floating around. ssh is just more commercial and less haze, thats why its floating around. sure you will not see 120days pheno of ssh floating around :D

mr. nice afghan haze has some awsome phenos , i have never been dissappointed with afghan haze ,mr nice la nina is also promising, I found a la nina pheno that was unique in the smell and high,leathery/relaxed with a expansive head high, have grown mango haze, nev haze multiple times and prefer afghan haze and la nina

liquidsblue

Beanhoarder Nevils Haze x C99
Found a nice 70 day haze keeper that has a lemony citrus smell and soaring high. He has quite a few haze crosses that sound nice. Currently trying his Sour D x SSH.

Elmer Bud

Veteran
mr. nice afghan haze has some awsome phenos , i have never been dissappointed with afghan haze ,mr nice la nina is also promising, I found a la nina pheno that was unique in the smell and high,leathery/relaxed with a expansive head high, have grown mango haze, nev haze multiple times and prefer afghan haze and la nina

G `day CH

I expect the Afghan Haze is Afghan S or T aka Maple leaf Indica from Jim Ortega crossed to Haze C .

Thanks for sharin

EB .