What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HERE-i grow again--T-12

TGT

Tom 'Green' Thumb
Veteran
One question I have to ask, do you have any problems with burning with the bulbs touching the plants?

Very different grow to say the least. I have never seen anyone grow this style and I think it is great you are trying something new. Have you had a successful grow using this style before or is this the first?

Good luck and thanks for the interesting thread!

TGT

Bud Hi

NO, problems with heat, I even water with the lights on. this is the 3rd grow... still learnin as I grow..

Last edited:

Binnacas

That's great Bud Hi! A really nice way to use space. That would be great for a stealth.

I have a few questions:
-Do you bend the plants under the tubes to keep them from growing upwards? Like LST but using your lamps, which would be great :D
-How deep is the soil?
-And how much soil did you fit in there?
-What sort of soil mix do you use?
-Have you considered doing the same with a hydro system?
-Did you have to dismantle lampfixtures to get the center tubes "floating" or do they sell separate ends that you can connect with wires?
-And ain't it true that the plants can't process light from under the leaf, only from the top? I was just thinking that I might've raised those floating ones just a bit higher.

Sorry for the bombarment of questions, I'm just very interested in this setup. Might make something like this for myself.

Bud Hi

Binnacas -
Sorry for the bombarment of questions, I'm just very interested in this setup. Might make something like this for myself.

:wave: I'm just a old dog(51), learnin new tricks :muahaha: Thanks for the interest, this set-up is 3 years old, getting better each year. For laughes, I'll do a little history report..

I had to move inside, due to nosey neighbor.. :dueling: things I needed-low cost and low heat looked around to see what I had

a window fan and 4 footers

Bud Hi

also needed waist high, so I don't have to bend over (bad Back)plus, some thing to catch run-off.

being my FIRST grow inside. Didn't know if these lights would work. even though, the lights are adjustable, the plants needed MORE room

<<<<<< :muahaha: :muahaha:

Bud Hi

Dang, more room, More lights,, Where does it end???? :rasta: :jump:
Since I can't lift the top lights, I needed help,, so a 12v winch and a rechargable battery. to the rescue.

Bud Hi

I drilled the rivet out of the ends, so that I could mount them ANY WHERE I needed, with 1 screw..

Bud Hi

some days, the whole house stank..... to K.I.S.S. I installed a bathroom vent/fan in the closet.

Last edited:

Bud Hi

guess, I need a veg room too. Since I got the saw out..

double sink, with empty (meat package trays) for catch pans.

Bud Hi

where's it end???? :muahaha:
Now, I need a bigger reflector. ( a piece, off of a roll of alum. siding) and a way to adjust lamp height.. :joint:

Bud Hi

might as well, have more than 20 amp wall plugs :lurk: might go hydro, need pumps.. or a toilet tank.. to flood and drain... :muahaha: :muahaha:
Cover off.. for Photo Only<<<<

Last edited:

Bud Hi

next- looking to build a mister, like they use at the grocery store to keep vegs., moist... a spray mister, will bring the summer temps down..>>cool tubes<<< :muahaha: ..( planin-forward) self contained "Rain Maker" :joint:

Like a "Rain Forrest"

Last edited:

Bud Hi

here, I grow again,,#4
my starter kit :muahaha: condiment cups,from a fast food and a cake package,- Bag seed.