What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RIP Dick Dale

MrBungle

RIP Dick Dale.... I can't say I was a huge fan, but I am sure familiar with a lot of your tunes! I didn't dislike your music, I think it was just a bit before my time...

I'm sure that you have fans here on this forum. So maybe they can offer up a better tribute!

Thanks for the massive riffs that forever remind me of summer time.

Nico Farmer

Not a huge fan too but this man had nice riffs!
Great songs to go to beach with my board.
RIP

picture.php

this pic is from here, funny thread :biggrin:

SuperBadGrower

Dick alone had more integrity and quality than all of today's sony vevo puppets combined. He will be missed, and hopefully in the future musicians will pick up the legacy left behind by Dick and his contemporaries. Real instruments, real music and real skill, real recordings and real performances... All the more beautiful is the music of those times in contrast with today's garbage, where the absolute lowest skills and behaviors are not only accepted but applauded. What made Dick Dale special is his dedication to play until the grave, for himself and his wife, and for the fans, while being sick and in pain. RIP, the Bill Monroe of Surf rock

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
Dick Dale was one of the first guys to play really loud and really big! Rock and Roll would be 10X wimpier without Dick Dale, King of the Surf Guitar!

...and you'll never hear surf music again...

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Some of the best learned from him; The Beach Boys, The Ventures, bands in the British Rock invasion, and Jimi Hendrix were citing Dick Dale as a direct influence.

Riffing in heaven.