What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help developing a consistent Nutrient schedule

Stank TaNk

As the title says, I'm turning to you guys for a little help dialing in my Feeding schedule, specifically during flowering. I have 7 plants, in 3 gallon pots of FFHF soil, under 1 600w, Ushio HPS. Temps in room is 78f lights on, 73f lights off. RH is about 20 - 30 %. Nutes I use currently are GH Floranova Bloom and FF Beastie Bloomz. Plants are about 4 weeks into flowering. I tend to water with about 5 gallons plain water spread out between all of them. I then mix about 1 - 1 1/2 tsp of FNBloom and 1/4 tsp of beastie bloomz in a 2 1/2 gallon jug of water and then spread that out between the 7 of them. I water about once a week or about every 5 days or so. Sometimes my plants begin to yellow around this time and I don't know if Im over fertilizing or under. Ive never been able to lock in a consistent feeding schedule and wondering if yall have tips and suggestions. here are pics, 4 weeks into flowering. (Plants previously had spidermites right before flowering but have since been eliminated)

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm wondering if your are suffering a pH issue due to salt building up in your containers due to little or no runoff?

Do you get much water out the bottoms of your pots when you water/feed?

Most folks adopt a feed, water, feed, water or feed, feed, water, feed, feed, water type schedule in order to avoid salt buildup (toxicity).

Stank TaNk

I guess what I really should clarify is I need help knowing how much fertilizer to use, and how much water to use? should I feed a bit every time? or should I do like you said and feed, water, feed, water?

Hydro8

A good soil should give you most everything you need, I would add extra lightly. You could call the soil manufacture and ask how much bloom nutrients is recommenced with that line of soil.

first of all check the pH level of soil before and after supplying the nutrients. the quantity of fertilizer is also depend upon the type of plant. check the label of the bottle or call the manufacturer of fertilizer.

yellow color leaves- Check the pH level