What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Coco and transplanting

I’ll be bringing clones home soon and just have a question... I’ll be going from solo cup to 1gallon then into 5 gal for finish... can I take the plant and used soil from the 1 gallon and put into the 5?? Or should I transfer the clone into 100% new medium??

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
It’s all coco no soil/dirt right? If all coco then yes just put the root ball into into new coco each up potting

The clones may be in soil but cannot remember, even if it’s be very limited and I’d get most off then put into the 1gal

mango420

You’ll be fine, I’ve done 1gal pots that were soil into coco, no issues. If possible go into coco in the 1 gal tho.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
if i get new special cuts that have to survive, i will put them in a 5cm by 5cm rockwool cube. this gives them the best chance, from there it's hard to kill them and you can add the cube to any coco system ince roots come out the bottom of the rw cube.

akslipped702

Jungle cake was not just amazing but perfect. Good work. Im going to browse your post a bit see if i can learn something we have a mutual friend.

W

wassupmane

i wouldnt advise repoting a solo cup in a container bigger than 2 gal in coco .. 1 gal would be perfect

with 5 gal you will have to wait 15 days for the coco to get lighter to water again .. you dont want it to be wet a the beginning ..